Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's the better coach?

Who's the better coach? 90 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's the better coach?

    • Billy Gillispie
      56%
    • Tom Crean
      43%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Kavaliauskas wasn't even rated. Would you take him or Legion???

 

 

Hindsight is 20/20 gt...you know that.

  • Replies 148
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What does "working out" have to do with landing a big time recruit??? I know it is more important to have a good player on your team that works out, I know that's what Crean and Gillispie want, but I also know that beating out Michigan, Kansas, and UCLA for a basketball player is more impressive and shows more recruiting ability then landing a guy who only has 1 chance to go to school for free and play basketball.

North Carolina

Purdue

USC

Wisconsin

Florida

Illinois

 

Commitment quote. Novak said he also considered Illinois and Florida. "I really liked Florida a lot," Novak said. "But I think what the coaches have done at Marquette has been so great the last couple of years."

 

Others recruiting Novak from his Rivals database. I'm sure Marquette was the only place he could have played D1... :lol:

ower forward

Brown Deer (WI) Brown Deer

 

Ht: 6-foot-9

Wt: 205 lbs

Handle: Good

Passing: Good

Strength: Developing

Class: 2002 (High School)

 

 

Rivals.com Rating: NR (About)

Position Ranking: 16

 

Official Rankings: Power Forwards (16)

HIGHLIGHT VIDEOS Views

More videos

 

The Latest: Top Players Headline RB Classic — 3/21/2002

 

Here are the lineups for Tuesday's EA Sports Roundball Classic at the United Center in Chicago.[details]

Updates College Choices Videos Bio The Dish Scouting

 

Steve NOVAK BIO NOTES

 

Steve Novak possesses a nice jumper for a big man.

 

COLLEGE CHOICES INTEREST OFFER VISIT RECRUITED BY

Marquette (signed LOI) COMMITTED

(7/8/2003) None

North Carolina None None

Purdue None None

USC None None

Wisconsin None None

Florida None None

Illinois None None

Read the articles. He had offers from Illinois and Florida. UNC came in late, and hadn't offered because they wanted to evaluate him more. That's why you don't go off a 6 year old database without doing more reading...

Alright, i'm tired of fighting with you. It's clear to me that i'm not changing your mind, and you definitely aint changing mine. Can we both agree that these 2 guys can both recruit good players to come play for them, and they both are going to recruit even better with the school name on the front of the jersey. I think they will both do well at their respective institutions, and the UK IU rivalry will heat up in the near future.

Make a case for Crean then GT? I would say its pretty close either way.

Alright, i'm tired of fighting with you. It's clear to me that i'm not changing your mind, and you definitely aint changing mine. Can we both agree that these 2 guys can both recruit good players to come play for them, and they both are going to recruit even better with the school name on the front of the jersey. I think they will both do well at their respective institutions, and the UK IU rivalry will heat up in the near future.

I think both are about even across the board. That's all I'm getting at...

Make a case for Crean then GT?

 

I don't think he's clearly better than Gillispie in recruiting. So what case would you like me to make???

Crean, any day of the week..

 

Crean was 190-96 at Marquette, and 90-56 in conference play(C-USA and Big East).

 

In 9 years at Marquette he led them to post season play 8 times(NIT 3 times). He got them to the Final 4 in 2002-2003.

 

Crean is a really great coach, I like his style a lot. He is turning IU around..

I don't think he's clearly better than Gillispie in recruiting. So what case would you like me to make???

 

One for G. :D

Crean, any day of the week..

 

Crean was 190-96 at Marquette, and 90-56 in conference play(C-USA and Big East).

 

In 9 years at Marquette he led them to post season play 8 times(NIT 3 times). He got them to the Final 4 in 2002-2003.

 

Crean is a really great coach, I like his style a lot. He is turning IU around..

 

How is he turning them around.. I have seen almost zero success this year, and he's signed three four stars and no recruits for years afetr 2009. IMO it's a long way be fore IU is back. CUSA is not compatible with major confrences unless your name is Memphis..

How is he turning them around.. I have seen almost zero success this year, and he's signed three four stars and no recruits for years afetr 2009. IMO it's a long way be fore IU is back. CUSA is not compatible with major confrences unless your name is Memphis..

Back then C-USA was a heck of a lot better than the SEC is right now, what is your point?

  • Author
What does "working out" have to do with landing a big time recruit???

Tubby had Top 5-10 classes that didn't work out, how'd that end up for him?

Tubby had Top 5-10 classes that didn't work out, how'd that end up for him?

 

It worked out well. He got to retire to Minnesota! :laugh:

Back then C-USA was a heck of a lot better than the SEC is right now, what is your point?

 

Yeah maybe this year, because the SEC is way down this year. But over the years the SEC and Big 12 (TAMU) were better confrences.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.