Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's the better coach?

Who's the better coach? 90 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's the better coach?

    • Billy Gillispie
      56%
    • Tom Crean
      43%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I ain't buying that.

Growing rep for taking trips off...not buying that.

Patterson earns what he gets. I don't think he is that great of a NBA prospect because he is not overly athletic. He has yet to really develop that midrange game, which he will need if he wants to collect money that some think he can earn. He still rushes shots close to the basket, and he is not that great of a leaper hence he will struggle to score over bigger players. He needs a whole lot more to his game.

Look what Hansbrough has been able to do. Really starting to develop a fairly consistent 15-19 foot jumpshot...without that he is a glorified Mark Madsen at the next level.

What some may see is some frustration at times because UK has had a real inability to feed the post this year.

17 and 9 thus far...not too shabby. He has to work to get those because he can't rely on athleticism that many others are blessed with.

Edited by bugatti

  • Replies 148
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ain't buying that.

Growing rep for taking trips off...not buying it.

 

I've heard it from 5 different NBA scouts.

Edited by bugatti

Still don't buy it.

 

Fine with me.

I know what I was told and you can doubt it all day.

Much like your beat down on another board when you knew you were right... :rolleyes:

My beat down?

I guess I can't disagree with a supposed scouts take?

My disagreement is not with you, it is with the opinion of the scouts take...but if you want to spin it personal that is your prerogative.

Still don't buy it.

 

I will say this. He didn't play very hard against UNC. He is doing better in recent games. As a whole he played harder last season than he has this season. That being said I believe hes turned the corner.

I would say getting discouraged probably. Pretty frustrating when you are open and you have D1 guys that can't even throw you an entry pass. I was thinking that the last few games as well that he has taken some plays off. Hard to stay motivated and work your butt off when you know the ball isn't coming to you.

My beat down?

I guess I can't disagree with a supposed scouts take?

 

You were crushed on MMs board for your take on Euton. Thought it was pretty funny. You were spot on and they killed you over there.

 

Back on topic. Patterson is getting a "lazy" tag by NBA scouts. Fair? I don't think so. Just what I keep hearing from those sitting close to me that get paid for their opinion.

 

Do I need to be any more clear???

Nice slap in the face...

 

Who were those guys in high school?? Who did Crean beat out for those guys??

 

If that is the case, UNC should be the only team winning national championships. Recuriting is a lot more than how many stars you have. Ask the 04' recuriting class that UK landed, how many final fours did that get them.

You were crushed on MMs board for your take on Euton. Thought it was pretty funny. You were spot on and they killed you over there.

 

Back on topic. Patterson is getting a "lazy" tag by NBA scouts. Fair? I don't think so. Just what I keep hearing from those sitting close to me that get paid for their opinion.

 

Do I need to be any more clear???

I will seek out a couple of scout takes at UK's next home game and ask them that very question.

I was getting crushed. That has turned into a comical site. The site is only worth a darn during the summer, because MM doesn't offer much and frankly I am beginning to wonder about his ability to really judge recruits and I think he gets a jaded opinion once he befriends someone.

Josh Carrier was his first one...not many know about that one....he loved him.

Beas Hamga

Leonard Washington...I had a few telling me they wouldnt touch the kid with a ten foot pole because of his attitude. Then he gets ESPN showcase to low blow someone.

Seriously, people there still think that if you are fairly tall from KY and can shoot a little and bleed blue you will be a good player and should play.

Mama, always said you can't argue with stupid people because they bring you to their level and beat you with experience.

Matt Jones is not much better...actually he jumped the shark on his recap of Holmes/Scott County...major error in that report.

I will say this. He didn't play very hard against UNC. He is doing better in recent games. As a whole he played harder last season than he has this season. That being said I believe hes turned the corner.

Is perception reality?

This team compared to last year is night and day offensively at the guard spot.

He went for 19 and 11 at UNC. Took 11 shots. Had something like 15 touches in the post.

The issue is that he is not getting the touches therefore there are stretches where you dont notice him because he isn't getting the ball. So the easy thing to do is say he isn't working hard enough.

So what can you do as a player to get the ball...get an offensive rebound. Those numbers are up as compared to last year...so there is a progression even in a year they are somewhat offensively challenged at this point.

He is getting doubled far more this year than last year.

His motor is fine...and I have analyzed this team...and seen every game and most of all home games in person.

  • Author
?????????????????????????????

 

?????????????????????????????

I notice neither of you have voted. I didn't care to see everyone's opinion on this just those who I trust to know what they're talking about.

My take on Patterson (I know you've all been waiting): He definitely looks like he's taking some plays off this year. Thats something I never saw last year.

 

My guess is that its simply frustration, but I have noticed it, and I don't like it.

If that is the case, UNC should be the only team winning national championships. Recuriting is a lot more than how many stars you have. Ask the 04' recuriting class that UK landed, how many final fours did that get them.

 

Where did I say that stars was the only thing that mattered??? Geez, you people will spin anything...

Where did I say that stars was the only thing that mattered??? Geez, you people will spin anything...

 

DeAndre Jordan, Patterson, Orton, Hood, Ferguson, Jones, D. Williams, D. Brown, A. Legion, D. Miller, D. Liggins, Filiberto Rivera...On and on and on...

 

Was Wade really that big of a coup when he committed??? Please, give me a Tom Crean list...None of the guys on my list were below "four star" according to rivals...

 

This discussion is about RECRUITING, as in, convincing high profile athletes to come to your school. Is that hard for you to understand??

 

:confused::confused: maybe you didnt bring up stars, but you are clearly not talking about no name recurits.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.