Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's the better coach?

Who's the better coach? 90 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's the better coach?

    • Billy Gillispie
      56%
    • Tom Crean
      43%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 148
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say it's extremely close, but I'll give a slight edge to Gillispie...I think Crean is a better in-game coach, while Gillispie is a better recruiter.

Well I would give a slight edge to G in recruting and thats is probably debatable. But in game coach it is Crean. I would say it is pretty even IMO.

 

HT and I don't agree much, but this one I have to side with him...

Well I would give a slight edge to G in recruting and thats is probably debatable. But in game coach it is Crean. I would say it is pretty even IMO.

 

They are very close I would say they are both pretty good coaches. BCG plays to many mind games for me though.

 

:thumb::thumb:

I'd say it's extremely close, but I'll give a slight edge to Gillispie...I think Crean is a better in-game coach, while Gillispie is a better recruiter.

 

Agreed

  • Author

To be honest, im suprised the vote is even this close.

I'll give Crean a lot of credit, it seems every team he coaches plays with 100 percent effort every time they lace of for 40 mintues no matter the talent level. I haven't seen that consistent effort with BCG. They will have great games then they will have games like GW, San Diego, the Vandy blow out, and VMI.

I think Gillispie is a better recruiter.

 

Tom Crean has already established himself, so I'd say Crean is the better coach overall.

 

With that said, I am glad that Kentucky got BCG instead of Crean.

I think it is clearly Tom Crean...

I think it is clearly Tom Crean...

 

Not saying you are wrong, but how is it "clear". To me, it's about as clear as a glass of milk.

Crean had me cracking up in the UK game, every time a UK player shot a 3 right in front of him he started clapping right behind him, it was pretty funny to see.

Gillispie is the better coach. Give Crean 3 years or so to rebuild at IU and this rivalry will be fun to watch again.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.