Top Posters In This Topic

Stats for both...

Pittsburgh

241.5 yards per game

73.0 rush yards per game

168.5 pass yards per game

14.1 points per game

45 Sacks

25 Turnovers (16 Int, 9 Fumble Recoveries)

1 Safety

2 TD's

Baltimore

253.4 yards per game

76.9 rush yards per game

176.5 pass yards per game

15.4 points per game

29 Sacks

26 Turnovers (22 Int, 4 Fumble Recoveries)

3 Safeties

6 TD's

Picking Baltimore over Pittsburgh is hardly blind hatred. The majority of the differences are negligible. The two biggest are these...

Pittsburgh has 16 more sacks (45 to 29).

Baltimore's defense has scored 28 more points (42 points on 6 TD's and 3 Safeties) vs. Pittsburgh (14 points on 2 TD's and 1 Safety).

So, I guess it depends on whether you'd rather have sacks or points. Since the object of the game is to score more points than your opponent, personally, I'd take the points. :thumb:

The only thing Baltimore has a clear advantage in is defensive touchdowns. Other than that Pittsburgh is ahead in every other category. At this point, Pittsburgh is the better defense hands down.

The only thing Baltimore has a clear advantage in is defensive touchdowns. Other than that Pittsburgh is ahead in every other category. At this point, Pittsburgh is the better defense hands down.

12 yard per game...1 point per game...1 turnover difference...

Clear advantage?

The only significant differences in the two defenses are 16 more sacks for P'burgh and 28 more points for Baltimore.

Again, since the object of the game is to score more than the opponent, I'll take 28 points over 16 sacks. But, that's just me.

Both defenses are great and I have no problem with picking either. But, the only thing that is obvious to me, is that neither defense is clearly better than the other.