December 8, 200817 yr Author And you'd lose, every day, because you're unwilling to see reality through your dislike of the team. Baltimore has been fattening up against weak comp all year, while the Steelers actually shut down good teams. What did that great Ratbird defense do against the Colts? Whatever it was, the Steelers did it better. Heck, the Brown spots did it better than both of them. I guess we'll see next Sunday....
December 8, 200817 yr Nope. They have the best 2 D's in the league without question IMO. I just like Baltimore's better. If I had to pick one unit to count on in the big game, I'm going with the one led by Ray Lewis & Ed Reed. And I go with the one who leads the league in sacks, passing D, rushing D and total D. :lol:
December 8, 200817 yr Author And I go with the one who leads the league in sacks, passing D, rushing D and total D. :lol: They're actually 3rd in passing D now.... The Ravens are 2nd in passing D, and 3rd in rush D....It's not like we're talking about much of a difference between the two...
December 8, 200817 yr They're actually 3rd in passing D now.... The Ravens are 2nd in passing D, and 3rd in rush D....It's not like we're talking about much of a difference between the two... http://www.nfl.com/stats/team Looks like Pittsburgh is still in first in all categories...
December 8, 200817 yr And you'd lose, every day, because you're unwilling to see reality through your dislike of the team. Baltimore has been fattening up against weak comp all year, while the Steelers actually shut down good teams. What did that great Ratbird defense do against the Colts? Whatever it was, the Steelers did it better. Heck, the Brown spots did it better than both of them. UkMustang Fan has a real problem with this. Just ask GT.
December 8, 200817 yr And you'd lose, every day, because you're unwilling to see reality through your dislike of the team. Baltimore has been fattening up against weak comp all year, while the Steelers actually shut down good teams. What did that great Ratbird defense do against the Colts? Whatever it was, the Steelers did it better. Heck, the Brown spots did it better than both of them. Not seeing that. Every team on their schedule is the same except for two... Baltimore played @ Miami (8-5) and at home vs. Oakland (3-10). Pittsburgh played @ New England (8-5) and at home vs. San Diego (5-8).
December 8, 200817 yr http://www.nfl.com/stats/team Looks like Pittsburgh is still in first in all categories... That's what I'm seeing too. I'm not sure where he gets his stats :lol:.
December 8, 200817 yr Pittsburgh representing the AFC and Carolina or TB in the NFC. My real SLEEPER picks may be Philly in the NFC and Denver in the AFC.
December 8, 200817 yr Stats for both... Pittsburgh 241.5 yards per game 73.0 rush yards per game 168.5 pass yards per game 14.1 points per game 45 Sacks 25 Turnovers (16 Int, 9 Fumble Recoveries) 1 Safety 2 TD's Baltimore 253.4 yards per game 76.9 rush yards per game 176.5 pass yards per game 15.4 points per game 29 Sacks 26 Turnovers (22 Int, 4 Fumble Recoveries) 3 Safeties 6 TD's Picking Baltimore over Pittsburgh is hardly blind hatred. The majority of the differences are negligible. The two biggest are these... Pittsburgh has 16 more sacks (45 to 29). Baltimore's defense has scored 28 more points (42 points on 6 TD's and 3 Safeties) vs. Pittsburgh (14 points on 2 TD's and 1 Safety). So, I guess it depends on whether you'd rather have sacks or points. Since the object of the game is to score more points than your opponent, personally, I'd take the points. :thumb:
December 8, 200817 yr Author UkMustang Fan has a real problem with this. Just ask GT. For the last time, I don't dislike UC football. Just because I don't think they should be in a BCS game doesn't mean I hate them.
December 8, 200817 yr Is there such a thing as a "sleeper" among NFL playoff teams? But, if I must pick, I'll take one from each conference... NFC = Minnesota Vikings - They have the best pure runner in the league, and a very good defense that is suffocating vs. the run. As Tom Jackson says, that formula is portable, meaning they can play that style and win anywhere in any conditions. Keys for success... -Gus Frerotte. First, he has to take care of the football. No turnovers. Second, he has to manage the games and make a few key throws when necessary. That could be a deep ball for a big play when the running game opens up the opportunity or some key third down conversion to keep drives alive. Regardless, he'll have to make a few plays. -The rest of the team needs to just do its thing. The running game with AP and the line just need to execute and take care of business. The defense needs to continue to smother the run and make things difficult for opponents. AFC = New England Patriots - No reason other than the veteran leadership and Bill Belichick. Do I really think they have a chance? Not much of one. But, of the teams in the AFC that do have a chance, I wouldn't call any of them sleepers. Of the rest, I'd give New England the best odds to pull off the "impossible".
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.