Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 88 MVST 65

Featured Replies

I think what he's saying is that anything can happen in March. I'd be willing to bet most people didn't have UNC going to the final four in 2000, or for that matter Florida either.
You are right. And it's called parity.
  • Replies 136
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this previously, but WOW, what a monster game by that Keightley guy. Unofficially I had him for 88 pts, 38 rbs, 17 ast, 7 stl, and 11 blk. Maybe Billy Clyde should have given him some playing time before tonight.

 

:lol:

No they shouldn't have.

 

There's nothing impressive about Miami (FL) this season or any other season. UK should beat Miami this year and anytime they play from now on. Of course, that's MY opinion and I'm sticking to it.

There's nothing impressive about Miami (FL) this season or any other season. UK should beat Miami this year and anytime they play from now on. Of course, that's MY opinion and I'm sticking to it.
:rolleyes: Yeah, how could Miami possibly ever have a better team than the almighty UK?
I'd say a 2.5 or 3

 

2.5 is what I would give them. They aren't coming along as fast as I had hoped. Liggins is starting to show signs of really improving. They still aren't working it inside enough. Slone getting some minutes gives them another legit 3 point threat. I think by midseason, they will be starting to gel.

 

Still a very young team with only 1 senior, and he is on the bench (Carter).

There's nothing impressive about Miami (FL) this season or any other season. UK should beat Miami this year and anytime they play from now on. Of course, that's MY opinion and I'm sticking to it.

 

So obviously you base your predictions based on the name on the jersey, rather than the actual players they have on the rosters. Miami (FL) has more talent than UK this year.

So obviously you base your predictions based on the name on the jersey, rather than the actual players they have on the rosters. Miami (FL) has more talent than UK this year.

 

I think UK has more talented players than Miami. Miami has more talented numbers, but UK still had enough to win this game.

I think UK has more talented players than Miami. Miami has more talented numbers, but UK still had enough to win this game.

 

Play this game in March and it's a different story. IMO, Miami will be better 10%, But UK gets a lot better 50%.

 

UK will have their PG figured out. The young players will have the experience needed. Patterson will be the unquestionable leader (as well as playing for a lottery position).

 

Miami was the best team Saturday. They dominated the 1st half, but UK was at minimal, equal or better in the 2nd half (not discounting the scoring difference). Many UK players matured in that 2nd half. The best Liggans and Miller play of the year was in that half of the game. But in March, UK wins this game!

When was the last time UL was in the final four??

 

Three years ago...:lol:

You are right. And it's called parity.

 

I suppose that's why Duke, UNC, Kansas, and UCLA (traditional powerhouses) are struggling so much these days.

:rolleyes: Yeah, how could Miami possibly ever have a better team than the almighty UK?

 

But of course, Tubby Smith had absolutely nothing to do with UK's fall from grace.

I'm amazed how UK fans continually give BCG a free pass for lackidasical play and close wins to bad teams.

 

I absolutely agree^^

I suppose that's why Duke, UNC, Kansas, and UCLA (traditional powerhouses) are struggling so much these days.

Duke just lost to an unranked non-conference team for the first time in several years. They lost to West Virginia in the second round of the tournament last year and lost in the first round two years ago. To VCU.

 

North Carolina lost to George Mason in the second round a couple of years ago. George Mason. Of the Patriot League.

 

Kansas lost to Bradley in the first round two years ago. Three years ago, they lost to Bucknell in the first round.

 

Are you saying these programs haven't been the victim of parity in recent years?

Three years ago...:lol:

 

You know what I meant...before that when was the last time. The point I was trying to make is past success doesn't mean much come tourny time. I know that's not popular to say being a UK fan and all, I'm proud of the tradition of our program, but Scribe, what does Tony Delk or Pervis Ellison have to do with Jodie Meeks and Samardo Samuels??? Again, you said it, parity is evident in college basketball, thats why a quick turnaround is VERY possible.

See, I disagree. When there are 10-12 program dominating college basketball, it makes it easier for them to rebuild and rise quicker. When there is parity, it makes it tougher because that number swells. Look at baseball. Parity has taken over because of free agency. Because of that, the Braves and Yankees -- who dominated their leagues in the 90s, do well to make the playoffs or even the World Series in recent years. Meantime, we've seen the Rays, Astros, Cardinals, White Sox, Angels, Giants, etc. all make the world series.

 

Of course, when it comes to tradition, I remember when UK fans turned down their TV and listened to Cawood broadcast the game. I was at Rupp last week and didn't see a single radio headset on anyone's head in my section. Maybe that speaks more to Tom Leach than it does tradition.

 

I remember when you never scheduled anything at the same time as a UK game -- Christmas Party, ball game, banquet, etc. Not the case anymore.

 

I remember going to high school basketball games and seeing dozens of people in the stands with Walkmans listening to the UK game. Don't see that much anymore.

 

I remember when Rupp was packed for every game. Not just Tennesee, Florida or Louisville

 

I know some things change but it just seems the tradition and fan pride isn't what it once was.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.