Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 88 MVST 65

Featured Replies

Based on what? We have already began some high profile recruiting. That's a pretty good start.
Parity in college basketball for one thing. The fact that the word 'Kentucky' across the chest doesn't pack the same recruiting punch it once did for another.

 

I was at the UK game last week and it's like attending church. I could have swore I heard an Amen midway through the first half. It shouldn't take Florida or Tennessee coming to town to make a difference. The fact the university still lets old people crochet on the floor behind the benches instead of putting the students there tells me where the emphasis is.

  • Replies 136
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm amazed how UK fans continually give BCG a free pass for lackidasical play and close wins to bad teams.

 

Since when is a 23 point game close

Parity in college basketball for one thing. The fact that the word 'Kentucky' across the chest doesn't pack the same recruiting punch it once did for another.

 

I was at the UK game last week and it's like attending church. I could have swore I heard an Amen midway through the first half. It shouldn't take Florida or Tennessee coming to town to make a difference. The fact the university still lets old people crochet on the floor behind the benches instead of putting the students there tells me where the emphasis is.

 

I'll agree with you on the crowd. I hate the way Rupp Arena is setup and I long for the day that the crowd actually makes a difference. There should be 24,000 rabid fans making it impossible for road teams to win in Rupp at every game, but we normally have about 14,000 crazy fans and they're all in the upper arena and the Erupption Zone.

Nice tribute to Mr. Wildcat with the black unis.

 

Absolutely loved them and hope they will be on sale, I will definetly buy one if they go on sale!:ylsuper:

I don't know how in the world Porter continues to start. His line today was:

 

34 minutes, 1-6 FG, 1-5 3PT, 0-0 FT, 2 REB, 3 AST, 2 STL, 5 TO, 3 PTS

 

What gives?

 

I like Landon Slone's game 10 times better than Porters. Slone played 16 minutes, had 0 turnovers and scored 8 points.

Oh yeah, who the heck is Mark Halsell?

And UK "fans" will continue to be cup half empty complainers :thumb:

 

Just because some of us are intelligent enough to realize that UK isn't that good, and we don't make predictions based on what we want to happen, but rather based on what we logically think will happen, doesn't mean we aren't real fans.

Just because some of us are intelligent enough to realize that UK isn't that good, and we don't make predictions based on what we want to happen, but rather based on what we logically think will happen, doesn't mean we aren't real fans.

 

UK will be fine this season.

Just because some of us are intelligent enough to realize that UK isn't that good, and we don't make predictions based on what we want to happen, but rather based on what we logically think will happen, doesn't mean we aren't real fans.

 

Yes it does. :p

UK will be fine this season.

 

When did I ever say they wouldn't? They aren't very good right now, and play in an incredibly weak conference. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 12 games in conference again. They'll make the tournament, but do nothing once they get there. They just don't have the talent this year.

When did I ever say they wouldn't? They aren't very good right now, and play in an incredibly weak conference. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 12 games in conference again. They'll make the tournament, but do nothing once they get there. They just don't have the talent this year.

 

There is alot of talent on the UK roster this season. We're not exactly North Carolina this season, but the cupboard is hardly bare.

There is alot of talent on the UK roster this season. We're not exactly North Carolina this season, but the cupboard is hardly bare.

 

And all this "talent" is very raw or young. They're on the right track, but the way you make it sound, this team is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I mean seriously, if you would've just looked at the roster of Miami (FL), you would realize they were the more talented, more experienced team.

And all this "talent" is very raw or young. They're on the right track, but the way you make it sound, this team is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I mean seriously, if you would've just looked at the roster of Miami (FL), you would realize they were the more talented, more experienced team.

 

I also realize that UK couldn't handle their zone defense in the first half resulting in a 20-point halftime deficit. UK won the 2nd half by 14 points and had several shots to make it a 2-point game. This team isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, they're just the greatest thing we've had in the past few years.

I've got mixed opinions on UK right now. As far as being down right now, yes we are. How long that will last depends on a lot of different things. These things go in cycles. UK had a nice run of success and will have another sometime. I just don't know if the run will begin in 2 or 3 years or 9 or 10.

 

Teams with the tradition of UK just don't fall off the map forever. Sometimes you just have to wait out the storm.

 

As far as giving Billy G. a pass, some will, I wont. It's only fair to give a coach 4-5 years to get his players in and his system in place. I don't want to beat the Tubby horse to death, I truly admire the guy and I think we fans should all feel blessed to have had a man with his character on our sideline. He was a great coach. Looking at our lineup this year it is evident that he did leave the cupboard pretty bare.

 

I question a lot of Coach G's tactics. The Porter situation blows my mind. Plain and simple, I don't think he should see more than 4-5 minutes of playing time a game. I think Coach G. will bring in better recruits than Tubby did and get more out of the players he coaches, I'm just not sure that he's the best x's and o's guy in the business.

 

He's also very stubborn and that bothers me to some extent. Take the Porter situation for example. I honestly think he's too stubborn to just give in and set Porter at the end of the bench.

Porter=Stockton. Remember the fans and their dislike of Tubby always running him out there?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.