Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 88 MVST 65

Featured Replies

Im sorry, but I wouldn't call picking a win over Miami "outlandish". And honestly, IU is B A D. 41 points is not out of the realm of possibility. Do I believe it will happen?? Not really. But it is not "outlandish"

 

No, but picking them to win against Miami (FL) by 18, as Wireman did, is....

  • Replies 136
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no way they win that one by 41...Have you watched the same UK team as I have? Notre Dame couldn't beat them by 41, neither could Gonzaga. Both those teams would beat UK by double digits.

 

We'll see :thumb:

 

Until then :bunny::bunny::bunny:

I'm with UKMustang on this one. By the way Corndog I was all over the Miami game. I said Miami by 5. :D

I'm with UKMustang on this one. By the way Corndog I was all over the Miami game. I said Miami by 5. :D

 

:flame: :banana:

 

Your'e the banana...on FIRE! :lol:

We'll revisit that weak comment when UK beats U of L in a couple of weeks.

:lol: Just like they beat Miami?

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the 18% we often refer to is the number of UK fans that actually know something about the game of basketball.

:lol: You said UK "SHOULD" beat Miami, that shows a lack of basketball knowledge.

I'm with UKMustang on this one. By the way Corndog I was all over the Miami game. I said Miami by 5. :D

 

Oh yeah, well I got the exact score right on the Miami game, so ha....:banana: :lol:

Why not?? You said yourself that there is parity in college basketball. All it takes is one great PG (Liggins next year), one great big(Patterson next year), One great scorer(Meeks next year), and 2 good role players who can score and rebound when needed(Harrelson and Miller next year). Add in the pieces of some hot-shot, dynamite freshman(Orton, Hood, and Vilarino next year) and some veteran leadership (Stevenson, Harris, and Porter next year), And maybe a bombshell transfer(Pilgrim next year) you might have a final four team in the making. That is a team that can contend, I dont see why that is so hard to understand. In a game full of parity (you said it) why can't a turnaround happen in a single year like I believe it will next year???

Parity makes it harder to continually land top recruits. Parity makes it harder to win 25 games and get a high NCAA seed and thus advance farther in the tournament. And as we have seen on here, number of wins doesn't matter to a program that is in the midst of it's longest Final Four drought in school history. What I have a hard time understanding is how people can watch this team and think they are a Final Four team next year. But if that makes you warm and fuzzy about the program, then go right ahead and call it. I'm just not seeing it.

What I have a hard time understanding is how people can watch this team and think they are a Final Four team next year. But if that makes you warm and fuzzy about the program, then go right ahead and call it. I'm just not seeing it.

 

Liggins/Vilarino

Meeks/Hood

Harris/Miller

Pilgrim/(Patterson?)

Orton/Harrellson

 

Thats a pretty good team IMO. BCG hasn't won all those COY awards for nothing either.

:lol: You said UK "SHOULD" beat Miami, that shows a lack of basketball knowledge.

 

They should have beaten Miami.

Liggins/Vilarino

Meeks/Hood

Harris/Miller

Pilgrim/(Patterson?)

Orton/Harrellson

 

Thats a pretty good team IMO. BCG hasn't won all those COY awards for nothing either.

 

This is a team that has lost to VMI and Miami (FL). In the event Patterson leaves, you think that we can lose our best player and start two guys with no D-1 experience, keep everything else the same, and make the Final Four? VMI and Miami (FL) are (arguably) decent basketball , but in order to make the Final Four we are going to have to win against teams like UNC, Duke, Oklahoma, Texas, UCLA, etc. I don't see it happening (barring massive improvement from the team this year).

Porter/Liggins/Vilarino

Meeks/Hood

Harris/Miller

Pilgrim/(Patterson?)

Orton/Harrellson

 

Thats a pretty good team IMO. BCG hasn't won all those COY awards for nothing either.

 

I fixed that for you.

This is a team that has lost to VMI and Miami (FL). In the event Patterson leaves, you think that we can lose our best player and start two guys with no D-1 experience, keep everything else the same, and make the Final Four? VMI and Miami (FL) are (arguably) decent basketball , but in order to make the Final Four we are going to have to win against teams like UNC, Duke, Oklahoma, Texas, UCLA, etc. I don't see it happening (barring massive improvement from the team this year).

 

I think the addition of Orton, Hood, and Pilgrim COULD lead to a massive improvement. Even if Patterson were to leave.

 

Those guys would give UK the option of having a lineup on the floor where everyone is a threat. When was the last time that was the case?

 

I'd love to this lineup in particular:

Liggins

Meeks

Miller/Hood

Patterson (Pilgrim if PP leaves)

Orton

I fixed that for you.

 

Don't remind me. :D

Here are a few statements from BCG after yesterday's game:

 

"This team is going to be really good. Six-and-three is not a good record for us right now but this team is improving at a fast rate."

 

"We are inexperienced, but we are making giant improvements each time we play and that is what you have to do.”"

 

Those are the same thoughts I have about this team, as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.