Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 88 MVST 65

Featured Replies

I'm amazed how UK fans continually give BCG a free pass for lackidasical play and close wins to bad teams.

  • Replies 136
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I give it a 3 just because of Liggins continuing to improve.

 

Seems like we are thinking the same thing.:thumb:

Honestly, besides giving someone a breather, what does he bring to the table?

 

I guess I feel that He gives good chemistry to moving the ball around...With Porter and Liggins both playing I see Liggins more conformable...I also feel Porter brings more leadership to the table...

 

I never thought about Liggins and Porter in the game at the same time...

 

 

From watching tonight's game they seemed to play well together...

I hope Billy G. was taking notes...

 

The Problem I have seen so far with this team is the lack of Chemistry...

It doesn't matter if someone likes Porter or not He is a top Athlete...

 

If a team as all of the best athlete's in the World but no Chemistry they are doomed...

 

So I hope a experienced player like Porter will ad some chemistry to a team that needs some leadership in a major way...Go Big BLUE...

I think Porter keeps getting minutes, because the coach is trying to get a message to the younger players. I would rather lose with a guy who practice hard with great effort, then win wit a guy who lacks effort in practice and on the defensive side. {IMO} Porter minutes will come down the harder Liggins practices. At least thats what I think.

 

Yes, you are probably right about Coach trying to set an example. It seems like the same thing happened last year. Porter played alot preconference, but minutes when way down once SEC play rolled around.

I like Porter as the 12th man. He gives no qualities to the team and he is the only one on the team that can make mistake after mistake without any consequences. It puzzles me why he plays as much as he does. If he continues to play this many minutes, this team will continue to struggle.

 

He Struggles no more than any of the other players...SO what really is your hatred of Michael Porter?

I'm amazed how UK fans continually give BCG a free pass for lackidasical play and close wins to bad teams.

 

This game was never in doubt. UK isn't that good this year, but a 1 point win counts the same as a 50 point win....

He Struggles no more than any of the other players...SO what really is your hatred of Michael Porter?

 

Porter has no business playing high D-1 basketball. He's too slow, doesn't handle the ball well under pressure, isn't athletic enough, and is an average at best shooter for a SG....Other than that, I think Porter is great. :D

This game was never in doubt. UK isn't that good this year, but a 1 point win counts the same as a 50 point win....

Not in the past it hasn't and you know it hasn't. There were times when UK would scrape by with a win and people were still calling for the coach's head and clamoring for a lineup change.

 

I think it's the initial stages of mediocrity for the program and denial for the fans.

Not in the past it hasn't and you know it hasn't. There were times when UK would scrape by with a win and people were still calling for the coach's head and clamoring for a lineup change.

 

I think it's the initial stages of mediocrity for the program and denial for the fans.

 

When did basketball count 50 point wins more than a 1 point win?

 

Those people you talk about are morons, and are why I'm embarrassed by UK fans. When you bring in a new coach, you have to give him a chance to get his players, and his system in place. That takes more than a year and a half.

Porter has no business playing high D-1 basketball. He's too slow, doesn't handle the ball well under pressure, isn't athletic enough, and is an average at best shooter for a SG....Other than that, I think Porter is great. :D

 

So why does He start for the university of Kentucky who has won more college games in the History of College Basketaball...Wouldn't that be the fault of the Coach and not the guy who is giving it his all?;)

So why does He start for the university of Kentucky who has won more college games in the History of College Basketaball...Wouldn't that be the fault of the Coach and not the guy who is giving it his all?;)

 

I never said it was Porter's fault. He plays hard, no doubt, and I don't blame him at all. He does what the coach tells him to do. My only complaint with Coach G. is that he plays Porter so much. Then again, I'm a fan, so it doesn't really matter all that much either way.

I'm amazed how UK fans continually give BCG a free pass for lackidasical play and close wins to bad teams.

 

I DVR'ed the game and have not been able to watch it yet.

 

With that said, is a 23 point win really a close game?

I never said it was Porter's fault. He plays hard, no doubt, and I don't blame him at all. He does what the coach tells him to do. My only complaint with Coach G. is that he plays Porter so much. Then again, I'm a fan, so it doesn't really matter all that much either way.

 

I as a fan it means everything...I'm old school I guess...I live and die with the Big Blue...I grew up with the U.K. fans that if you said something bad about a U.K. player you said something bad about my family...That's why I take up for Porter...Sheray Thomas or Tubby Smith...You got to pull for family almost as much as you need to pray to God...:creepy:

 

 

Yes I do Bleed Blue...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.