Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 88 MVST 65

Featured Replies

Porter=Stockton. Remember the fans and their dislike of Tubby always running him out there?

 

Do I get a free pass then, since I didn't criticize Tubby for that?

  • Replies 136
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently there are no free passes. Much like there were no free passes given to Tubby because Jasper transferred, Rondo and Randolph left early for the pros, and Jon Stewart died before playing a game at UK.

Apparently there are no free passes. Much like there were no free passes given to Tubby because Jasper transferred, Rondo and Randolph left early for the pros, and Jon Stewart died before playing a game at UK.

 

And you won't find me having criticized Tubby for any of it.

Maybe, but the rise will be nowhere as fast as the post-Sutton era was.

 

Why not?? You said yourself that there is parity in college basketball. All it takes is one great PG (Liggins next year), one great big(Patterson next year), One great scorer(Meeks next year), and 2 good role players who can score and rebound when needed(Harrelson and Miller next year). Add in the pieces of some hot-shot, dynamite freshman(Orton, Hood, and Vilarino next year) and some veteran leadership (Stevenson, Harris, and Porter next year), And maybe a bombshell transfer(Pilgrim next year) you might have a final four team in the making. That is a team that can contend, I dont see why that is so hard to understand. In a game full of parity (you said it) why can't a turnaround happen in a single year like I believe it will next year???

Why not?? You said yourself that there is parity in college basketball. All it takes is one great PG (Liggins next year), one great big(Patterson next year), One great scorer(Meeks next year), and 2 good role players who can score and rebound when needed(Harrelson and Miller next year). Add in the pieces of some hot-shot, dynamite freshman(Orton, Hood, and Vilarino next year) and some veteran leadership (Stevenson, Harris, and Porter next year), And maybe a bombshell transfer(Pilgrim next year) you might have a final four team in the making. That is a team that can contend, I dont see why that is so hard to understand. In a game full of parity (you said it) why can't a turnaround happen in a single year like I believe it will next year???

 

I think it has already started. I'm with you in this line of thinking.

Apparently there are no free passes. Much like there were no free passes given to Tubby because Jasper transferred, Rondo and Randolph left early for the pros, and Jon Stewart died before playing a game at UK.

 

 

Actually Jasper transfered after playing one year for Billy G.

Apparently there are no free passes. Much like there were no free passes given to Tubby because Jasper transferred, Rondo and Randolph left early for the pros, and Jon Stewart died before playing a game at UK.

 

Rondo and Randolph under achieved big time while at Kentucky. Can I blame Tubby for that? You betcha.

I was at the game today, and it was pretty ugly. There were a couple of spurts where the Cats looked OK, but the rest of the time I thought they were pretty much just going thru the motions. They have nobody that can either throw an entry pass to Patterson, or recognize when Patterson is open. I think Billy G. was doing a lot experimenting today with the lineups because there seemed to be no rhyme or reason for his substitutions.

Just because some of us are intelligent enough to realize that UK isn't that good, and we don't make predictions based on what we want to happen, but rather based on what we logically think will happen, doesn't mean we aren't real fans.

 

:thumb:

 

 

Some of us don't like to be wrong time after time after time, like some.

 

Some Uk "fans" must think it makes you a bigger fan to make outlandish predictions. It's almost like if you are a realistic fan, you aren't a fan at all. It is getting pittiful.

:thumb:

 

 

Some of us don't like to be wrong time after time after time, like some.

 

Some Uk "fans" must think it makes you a bigger fan to make outlandish predictions. It's almost like if you are a realistic fan, you aren't a fan at all. It is getting pittiful.

 

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the 18% we often refer to is the number of UK fans that actually know something about the game of basketball.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the 18% we often refer to is the number of UK fans that actually know something about the game of basketball.

 

I guess you aren't included in that group then....I mean you're the one who said UK would definitely beat Miami(FL), you said they'd beat IU by 41, which isn't going to happen....Tell me how making outlandish picks like you do with UK basketball makes you any more of a fan than those that realize they aren't that good?

I guess you aren't included in that group then....I mean you're the one who said UK would definitely beat Miami(FL), you said they'd beat IU by 41, which isn't going to happen....Tell me how making outlandish picks like you do with UK basketball makes you any more of a fan than those that realize they aren't that good?

 

Im sorry, but I wouldn't call picking a win over Miami "outlandish". And honestly, IU is B A D. 41 points is not out of the realm of possibility. Do I believe it will happen?? Not really. But it is not "outlandish"

I guess you aren't included in that group then....I mean you're the one who said UK would definitely beat Miami(FL), you said they'd beat IU by 41, which isn't going to happen....Tell me how making outlandish picks like you do with UK basketball makes you any more of a fan than those that realize they aren't that good?

 

UK should have beaten Miami and had they showed up for both halves, they would have cruised. IU almost lost to Chaminade. I wouldn't trash that one until after the game, if I were you.

UK should have beaten Miami and had they showed up for both halves, they would have cruised. IU almost lost to Chaminade. I wouldn't trash that one until after the game, if I were you.

 

There is no way they win that one by 41...Have you watched the same UK team as I have? Notre Dame couldn't beat them by 41, neither could Gonzaga. Both those teams would beat UK by double digits.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.