Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeAndre Liggins

Featured Replies

Liggins was the best player tonight. He got his team back into the game. 18 points, 5 assists, 7 rebounds, 2 steals, and only 3 turnovers....I know who I want to be the point guard...

 

Liggins was great tonight, but he took one of the most ill-advised shots Ive ever seen towards the end. I still think he should be out PG, without question.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Liggins was great tonight, but he took one of the most ill-advised shots Ive ever seen towards the end. I still think he should be out PG, without question.
Think Coach G, makes the move to Liggins for the next one?
Think Coach G, makes the move to Liggins for the next one?

 

Coach G is pretty stubborn, but regardless of who starts, I think Liggins gets the minutes :thumb:

Liggins was great tonight, but he took one of the most ill-advised shots Ive ever seen towards the end. I still think he should be out PG, without question.

 

I agree with you, very ill-advised. But, you play to learn...and I don't think we will see that from him again. He just got caught up in the moment IMO.

Think Coach G, makes the move to Liggins for the next one?

 

I hope but don't think so. Like Wireman said, the G man is one stubborn coach.

I'm not the coach, but if I were, Liggins would run the point, and Porter would run the water cooler.

Billy Clyde will stick with Porter as his starter. However, Liggins will and should be getting more minutes. I would probably make him my starter if I was making the lineup. Regardless, I think the kid has the desire to improve along with the ability to do so.... that's a combination I want in any player.

I hope but don't think so. Like Wireman said, the G man is one stubborn coach.

 

Your right, just like last year when he kept starting Coury. He is way past stubborn.

I agree with you, very ill-advised. But, you play to learn...and I don't think we will see that from him again. He just got caught up in the moment IMO.

 

I can see a little mojo in Liggins. He is constantly running the mouth and I have seen him call out upperclassmen more than once on the court. A friend of mine says he is a great leader in practice and he is alot like Sidney Dean on the court (with the talking, etc.). I can see Liggins being a superstar in the very near future.

Liggins was the best player tonight. He got his team back into the game. 18 points, 5 assists, 7 rebounds, 2 steals, and only 3 turnovers....I know who I want to be the point guard...

 

:thumb: In no way am I saying I don't want him to be the PG, I just want a better player with better effort than what we had seen up to yesterday

Liggins has great potential. There is no doubt that if he works hard and keeps his nose clean and stays healthy he will be a very good player at UK. But while I am glad UK won Saturday night against WVU, I am torn because I feel like at the least he should have been suspended. These are young adults now and they need to understand theres consequences to their actions, although not too severe. And there was a similar situation with McClinton from Miami. He should have been suspended for atleast a game IMO. Its tough because I am so glad we beat WVU, but thats just how I feel about the situation.

Good coaches handle these things with the understanding that these are young kids. Billy Clyde did it right with Liggins and Tubby did it right with Crawford. Sometimes kids let their emotions do the thinking for them.

Deandre is the best PG. As I have stated, he will do something crazy for every three good things he does. You have to live with the mistakes out of a freshman PG.

I posted this in another thread, but its applicable here. Seems to have been a corner turned since the incident in Vegas.

 

First 6 games: 18.2min, 3.8pts, 2.3reb, 3.3ast, 3.5to, 45%FG, 33%FT, 38%3P

Last 3 games: 25.7min, 14.7pts, 5.0reb, 4.7ast, 2.7to, 56%FG, 88%FT, 17%3P

:thumb: In no way am I saying I don't want him to be the PG, I just want a better player with better effort than what we had seen up to yesterday

 

I can agree with that assesment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.