Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Football for each class and one overall?

Featured Replies

Watching UK play this year they always mention Randall Cobb being the AA Mr. Football in Tenn. I know six classes waters it down somewhat, but should Ky go to a Mr. Football for each class and an overall Mr. Football for the best player in the state?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe the KHSAA endorses this but I know when it was just 4 classes there was a Mr. Football for each class sponsored by Roy Kidd. I only know this because Marty Reagan was the Class 3A Football Player of the Year in 2002.

Like the idea! Spread a lil love. Cause let's be honest. If E.J. Fields broke every state record his senior year he would not have been awarded Mr. Football because, they would have claimed that he did not play against high quality opponents. The kids can't dictate where they live and what level they get to play. You could even have 1st and maybe even 2nd team all state for each class.

I don't think there's anything lost by awarding a "Mr. Football" to one player in each class. There's an awful lot of good football players out there... and there's approximately 1,500 - 2,000 players in each class... Then award an "overall" Mr. Football from among them...

 

It might even serve to draw more attention to some of the kids who play at some of the schools who don't normally get as much attention (although, if you rack up large enough stats, people WILL notice...let's face it, Lone Oak didn't get a lot of attention until last year...)

I agree that it would not diminish the honor to award multiple winners. Perhaps the answer is to name POY for each class and still recognize "Mr. Football" as the top honor.

KHSAA "to do" list:

 

-Name a "Player of the Year" for each of the six classes

 

-Name 1 "Mr. Football"

-Name a "Player of the Year" for each of the six classes

 

-Name 1 "Mr. Football"

 

I like that.

  • Author
-Name a "Player of the Year" for each of the six classes

 

-Name 1 "Mr. Football"

 

That'll work.

Sounds good. :thumb:

I agree with this. I think it is good for some of the kids in every division to recieve some recognition. I also think that the cost of a few trophies may just mean a full-ride scholarship for a few more boys. That's worth it's weight in gold.

KHSAA "to do" list:

 

-Name a "Player of the Year" for each of the six classes

 

-Name 1 "Mr. Football"

 

:thumb:

KHSAA "to do" list:

 

-Name a "Player of the Year" for each of the six classes

 

-Name 1 "Mr. Football"

 

I really like that idea. I think for this year it should be:

 

1A-Neico Teipel OR Dominique Hayden. That's a toss up.

2A-Joe Joe Sims

3A-Chris Gohman

4A-Jamarielle Brown

5A-Zach Lewis

6A-Miles Simpson

 

Mr.Kentucky- Ricky Bowling

I really like that idea. I think for this year it should be:

 

1A-Neico Teipel OR Dominique Hayden. That's a toss up.

2A-Joe Joe Sims

3A-Chris Gohman

4A-Jamarielle Brown

5A-Zach Lewis

6A-Miles Simpson

 

Mr.Kentucky- Ricky Bowling

 

From South Laurel???

I really like that idea. I think for this year it should be:

 

1A-Neico Teipel OR Dominique Hayden. That's a toss up.

2A-Joe Joe Sims

3A-Chris Gohman

4A-Jamarielle Brown

5A-Zach Lewis

6A-Miles Simpson

 

Mr.Kentucky- Ricky Bowling

 

I thought the idea, as presented, was that the "overall" Mr. Football in Kentucky would be one of the individual class winners...otherwise, one of the class winners isn't really the class winner, he becomes almost an "afterthought"...

Tennessee also awards a Mr. Football Lineman that includes offensive and defensive lineman and linebackers. Plus, they award one for a kicker.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.