What do you think the winner on Tuesday should focus on in the first 2 years?

Beyond the abortion issue for me, which cannot be a real focus till Supreme Court justices are named,

I would think that two areas would help solve multiple problems.

Create tax breaks/incentives/programs exploring alternate sources of energy that in turn creates more jobs. Give MAJOR tax breaks to those evil corporations that takes their profits and in turn create jobs that are working in the regard to create products that run on other sources of energy.

Fund wind projects and building wind farms and do whatever you need to do with coal.

Take the 700B in the bailout and invest 1/2 of it in this area instead of giving it away to businesses.

Take the other 700B and either a) hire more road workers to upgrade ALL of the infrastructure in this country; b) bid out the work to private companies who are going to hire more workers. Upgrade the roads, bridges, airports, railways, whatever needs it.

Build more light rail systems that connect communities of metro areas in the 2nd tier cities like a Cincinnati/Louisville/Lexington/Ashland/Columbus/Dayton that would also encourage less driving.

Take the money and don't give it in tax refunds to people not paying taxes but rather INVEST in those people by putting them to work. They feel better about themselves by earning the money and in turn by working they are creating tax revenue for local, state and national government. You just give them a check and you have created no revenue for local, state and national government.

what are some suggestions that you wish that the next president would focus on?

Slashing corporate and individual tax rates, reducing the size of the federal government, eliminating unfunded mandates, and recreating a world class business climate that will entice companies to bring back some of the manufacturing jobs that our incompetent government has driven away.

Cut federal government, keep tax cuts permanent, invest in alternate forms of energy, if some retire, appoint conservative, constructionist, Supreme Court Judges.

1st too vague, what does that mean? Cut the size of our armed forces?

2nd one, so you want to make the forms of energy ran by the government? If not, what does "invest" mean?

Slashing corporate and individual tax rates, reducing the size of the federal government, eliminating unfunded mandates, and recreating a world class business climate that will entice companies to bring back some of the manufacturing jobs that our incompetent government has driven away.

How much is slashing? Do they get a free slash with no ties to reinvestment where they can simply take the money and go vacationing in the Bahamas on weekends?

#2, too vague same as with hounds, you ready to cut the number of federal prisons and federal court systems? What do you mean by that?

What are the unfunded mandates that has a spur in your saddle?

What needs to be done to recreate a world class business climate?

I ask because I think many of us hear all of this all the time and don't really understand what it entails.

1) Affordable Health Care for all.

2) Expand Education Budget and Pay for Teachers.

3) Establish Fund, to help students attend Colleges.

4) Help control escalating costs, for goods...(Gas, Util., Insurance)

5) Eliminate Corporate greed and establish maximum percent compensation, based off performance and profit.

6) Complete re-work, FEMA and Emergency Management Programs.

7) Maintain USA jobs, here and not allow them to go.

8) Establish procedure, for those who commit felonies to pay for their own incarceration, food and maintenance.

1) Affordable Health Care for all.

2) Expand Education Budget and Pay for Teachers.

3) Establish Fund, to help students attend Colleges.

4) Help control escalating costs, for goods...(Gas, Util., Insurance)

5) Eliminate Corporate greed and establish maximum percent compensation, based off performance and profit.

6) Complete re-work, FEMA and Emergency Management Programs.

7) Maintain USA jobs, here and not allow them to go.

8) Establish procedure, for those who commit felonies to pay for their own incarceration, food and maintenance.

Can you explain 5 in some detail?

Should other professions like athletes and entertainers also have a cap?
Without question, on Sports. I even had a thread, about MLB being at a cross-road and part, was a result of the salaries.

Entertainers likewise. I'm just not intelligent enough, to comprehend someone getting $20 million a year, to play Baseball or $25 million per movie.

1st too vague, what does that mean? Cut the size of our armed forces?

2nd one, so you want to make the forms of energy ran by the government? If not, what does "invest" mean?

#1. Cut federal government. This means many of the give away entitlement programs. Bolster the military.

#2. I think the federal government needs to eliminate legislation that prohibits drilling on our own soil and encourages business investment in researching alternate forms of energy. We need to be less dependent on foreign oil.

Those CEO's, which are getting compensated in excess of the growth and profitability of their companies.

In short, a "cap" of some sort, for a maximum amount of compensation.

So the gov't controls how much a person can make? Sorry for my ignorance here, I have never really heard of this before.

So the gov't controls how much a person can make? Sorry for my ignorance here, I have never really heard of this before.
No, but rather work with Wall Street and these Fortune 500 companies, who offer stock to share-holders.

For example, a CEO who is compensated Stock options and makes $7.5 million per year. Seems excessive to me and he/she could probably struggle by, on half that amount. Which in return, could be given to the employees of the firm or help to establish some various funds, for others.

Imagine if all the Stock companies, would provide a $50,000 contribution to establish College tuition, for those who can't afford it. How many would that help. Just think what that other $3.75 million, could do then.

No, but rather work with Wall Street and these Fortune 500 companies, who offer stock to share-holders.

For example, a CEO who is compensated Stock options and makes $7.5 million per year. Seems excessive to me and he/she could probably struggle by, on half that amount. Which in return, could be given to the employees of the firm or help to establish some various funds, for others.

Imagine if all the Stock companies, would provide a $50,000 contribution to establish College tuition, for those who can't afford it. How many would that help. Just think what that other $3.75 million, could do then.

Say the stock companies don't want to do that? Are you suggesting the gov't force them to?