Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tony Franklin out at Auburn

Featured Replies

  • Replies 81
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word out of Auburn is that Tony Franklin was fired by Coach Tuberville today. I'm sure there will be more information available after it's formally announced. What's everyone reaction seeing as how he used to coach high school and college in Kentucky?

:lol: Not even halfway through the season?

I had heard about this a while back that it was going to happen Sunday, but then it happened and most believed it was just a false rumor at that point.

Guess the Auburn Admin didn't like loosing to Vandy and has decided to go a different direction with the offense. I'm sure Coach Franklin will find other employment rather quickly.

Guess the Auburn Admin didn't like loosing to Vandy and has decided to go a different direction with the offense. I'm sure Coach Franklin will find other employment rather quickly.

Possibly two men with very large egos?

I actually looked for this to happen. Auburn is not used to throwing the football all over the place and especially when they look so pitiful doing it. Tubberville, I could tell was fed up with the offense and had made the statement the Franklin was hired and they were changing to that system for recruiting, that today's h.s. athlete's liked it better and may be more inclined to choose Auburn.

 

I guess Auburn likes winning better. :D

That system takes the right personnel and they just didn't have it. They didn't even give him a full year. Look at Michigan. They are struggling for the same reason.

Wasn't this his first year there?
He coached them during the bowl game last season. But yes this is his first official season.

I think it makes his system hard to market from this point on.

I really wanted to see him get a shot at Auburn to get his type of players and see what would happen. It is understandable, though, considering the expectations there and the Vandy loss.

Didn't he used to coach at Mayfield?
Wasn't it Calloway County?

 

I think it makes his system hard to market from this point on.
It will certainly make those who utilize it, to evaluate the system, if it's not working for them.
Wasn't it Calloway County?

 

It will certainly make those who utilize it, to evaluate the system, if it's not working for them.

 

Yes Calloway County, UK, the Indoor Football something or another, Troy, and until today Auburn....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.