Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity vs St. Xavier

Battle in the 'Villle. Who you got 141 members have voted

  1. 1. Battle in the 'Villle. Who you got

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins? Good luck to all the players. The best high school football game in the country.

  • Replies 120
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

This will be a low scoring game. A tested Trinity squad will face a St.X team that has yet to be tested.

 

Trinity 6

St.X 7

Ok, so I have heard how much more balanced Xs offense is year and that they do have some passing attack. They have a good set of backs in Neal and Finch and a solid quarterback in Brutscher. So far they have put up huge numbers, even though they have yet to be tested.

 

I dont know much about Trinity except that they crushed Eastern and knocked off a very solid Cincy X and BG teams. What about Trinity's defense? Can anyone give me a breakdown about Trinity's O and D? What are the keys to this game for both teams?

 

I am X grad and huge supporter of the school. This is the one event that I look forward to every year. WHile I always want X to win, I love to see the level of football and the tradition of both programs. The class of the schools and excitement of 38k at PJCS for a high school game will send chills up your

spine. People who no nothing about football in KY have heard of this game and want to see it in person, I have been told several times. Good luck to both teams and can't wait for this fall classic on Friday night.

From an outsiders perspective, I can hardly wait to see how this one plays out. Clearly, the best 2 teams in the state of Ky and 2 premiere teams on the national scale, as well. St X usually plays well in the regular season game but Trinity usually makes adjustments from the 1st meeting and takes the title. It wouldn't surprise me to see the same thing happen this year..

Good luck to all the players. The best high school football game in the country.

 

I agree! :thumb:

 

 

As far as who wins....I have no idea? I do believe this has potential to be one of the most exciting games in the history of this rivalry.

On one hand, it's the first game that really doesn't matter, so that gives the edge to St X. :mad: But after seeing Trinity vs Cincy X, they seem to be further along with their schemes than they normally are when we face them. Their defense is very fast and their D line ran through Cincy X OL like water through a seive. Hopefully all those 300 pounders were just slow and our OL will fare much better.

 

After seeing several X games, I still don't know where we stand. I can't get a handle on the substitution patterns used so far with the QB and RB. I don't know what we'll do in a close game. Not playing Male really hurt us I think.

 

I'm pulling hard for X and assume we'll win every game, but I'm not sure how to call this one yet. On paper, Trinity has the edge based on who they've got coming back and who they've beat. But we did just route the #3 team in Manual 57-0, sooooo.

I think this game will come down to a big special teams play and Carraro will be the one to come through with it. X by 4. 21-17.

I say St X 28 Trinity 14. Both teams have great defenses but St X's offense is really clicking and Trinity' does not have as good an offense that it had last year.

 

Coach Glaser said his team is "possessed" this year and wants to make up for last year's championship game. Doesn't he say that every year? I believe him this year.

 

There is one area that might be relevant. Trinity has not played a home game this year(at Marshall). Trinity played at BG, Butler and Eastern and at Papa John's They are road tested and BG and Cincy St X are better teams than Ballard, Oldham County, Lex Cath and Manual(even being no 2 in the goofy Litkenhouse) IF Trinity can keep it close in the first half then it will be an exciting game.

I'm realy looking forward to this game. Both teams have seperated themselves from the rest of 6A this year like none previous. Two very good teams will take the field this Friday night. Unlike most years, there are numerous D-I stars on both teams. If the weather holds, it'll be the largest crowd ever. Good luck to both teams and let's keep all healthy.

  • Author
I'm realy looking forward to this game. Both teams have seperated themselves from the rest of 6A this year like none previous. Two very good teams will take the field this Friday night. Unlike most years, there are numerous D-I stars on both teams. If the weather holds, it'll be the largest crowd ever. Good luck to both teams and let's keep all healthy.

 

This is the most even game talent wise in a long time.

On one hand, it's the first game that really doesn't matter.....

 

There's a lot of truth to this.

I think that what Trinity learned about St. X's new defense last year, scheme-wise, it's returning and emerging talent, and Smyth's playmaking ability will give Trinity an edge against a very talented and physical St.X defense. On the other side of the matchup, if Trinity's defense continues to play as it has (and I don't see any reason that it won't) I'm not sure if St. X will be able to score more than 10 points. Trinity's defensive personnel is as good, if not better, than it has ever been and they play very physical and fast. I see Trinity winning 21 to 10 in a very hard hitting game.

I'll take St. Xavier in this one! I can't really come up with a score but I can assure everyone that this will be a very exciting game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.