Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cardinal Mooney, OH 57 Covington Catholic 0

Featured Replies

I sure hope CC is overrated...I'd hate to think this is Kys #2 ranked 5a team...

  • Replies 89
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an embarrassment to the program. Your team gets invited to play in a big time game and you get beat 57-0. Does coach Brossart have a clue over there? Wow! I know most on here think it only matters what you do in Kentucky. But I was under the impression that Covington Catholic was a big time Kentucky powerhouse and to get beat like that is just unacceptable. I can get losing the game but playing with pride like they usually do against Ohio schools but wow.

What an embarrassment to the program. Your team gets invited to play in a big time game and you get beat 57-0. Does coach Brossart have a clue over there? Wow! I know most on here think it only matters what you do in Kentucky. But I was under the impression that Covington Catholic was a big time Kentucky powerhouse and to get beat like that is just unacceptable. I can get losing the game but playing with pride like they usually do against Ohio schools but wow.

 

CovCath generally is a very solid team, however, like any other team they graduate players and have bad nights. As I stated in my previous thread Mooney could beat all but probably 5 or so teams in KY, but CCH probably isnt one of KY's top 10 teams (this year), so it's not fair to completely downplay KY football that bad.

What an embarrassment to the program. Your team gets invited to play in a big time game and you get beat 57-0. Does coach Brossart have a clue over there? Wow! I know most on here think it only matters what you do in Kentucky. But I was under the impression that Covington Catholic was a big time Kentucky powerhouse and to get beat like that is just unacceptable. I can get losing the game but playing with pride like they usually do against Ohio schools but wow.

 

I completely agree with you. As an alum I am absolutely embarrassed about this outcome. It makes you wonder about where the program is heading toward when the last two games that CovCath has played in they been outscored 97-0. The sad thing about this whole situation is that CovCath has the players. There is no lack of talent walking through those halls. Since Brossart has been coach it seems like the players lack intensity,confidence,passion and most importantley seem way unprepared for games. I hope the players look themselves in the mirror and realize what it means to be a COLONEL.

Edited by Colonel Blue 28-2-4

Ouch!!!!!:scared:

There are no words to describe how shocked I was when I heard this score announced at PBS today. I honestly thought they screwed it up.

 

Wow...hope the Colonels can get up off the mat and rebound next week. File this one in the garbage and move on. I wouldn't even waste time looking at the game tape. Burn it and prepare for week 2.

 

-CardinalsFan

While I was hoping for a win in my heart, the reality was that this team wasn't going up to Canton and beat the local team especially after Cardinal Mooney lost there first game! While saying that, I am embarrassed by the score! I didn't attend the game, but I did listen to the archives but only could stomach the first half. The big question now is, can the spirit that will not die, be resurrected in time to save the season? To me at least, the spirit that will not die, indeed died in Canton, Ohio Saturday and that to me is much more of a shame than losing any game!

Brossart needs to get his act together.

Great job Y-Town!!!!! Nothing like Northeast Ohio football,just ask a guy named Tressel.He had a few good years at Y-Town State recruiting kids from this area.:thumb:

Wow! I'm betting the organizers of the Herbie were not expecting that. After Highlands win over TM last year, I'm sure there were high hopes of a competitive showing for NKY again this year. I hope this does not sour them on Northern Kentucky for future events.

Wow! I'm betting the organizers of the Herbie were not expecting that. After Highlands win over TM last year, I'm sure there were high hopes of a competitive showing for NKY again this year. I hope this does not sour them on Northern Kentucky for future events.

 

 

Agreed these are once in a lifetime oppts, you need to make a better showing. I think Highlands will be fine in getting invited back because like you said, they more than impressed last year.

 

CCH has shown they can compete with the big-time schools over there when they have their best teams. They missed a last second fieldgoal at the Pit that would have beaten Elder, and gave St. X a dog fight 2 years in a row.

However, this is not (at least at the moment) one of CCH's better teams.

Question: we all know that Mooney is really good... was this game a matter of a clearly superior (and great) team beating a good team that just didn't stack up with Mooney, or is CCH not very good right now? What are the biggest problems for CCH at this point?

Question: we all know that Mooney is really good... was this game a matter of a clearly superior (and great) team beating a good team that just didn't stack up with Mooney, or is CCH not very good right now? What are the biggest problems for CCH at this point?

 

There is one problem in particular and that is Coach Dave Brossart. When Rodenberg was head coach at CCH I remember them being prepared for every game, playing every down as if it was their last, and actually looking like a football team in general. This is a disgusting example of what we know as "football" and I am embarrassed to be a CovCath fan at this point.

 

Everything that ColonelBlue said earlier, I completely agree.

Its always so easy to blame the coach. Because I guess last we all checked he was the one who was supposed to keep Mooney out of the endzone. Its his job to snap on punts and throw passes to players in the flat? I dont think Coach B lacks any intensity and I am sure this is a gut check to him and all of his players.

 

I can understand the CCH faithful being upset and having an anxiety attack but you gotta believe in your coach if you want to be successfull. That goes for the players also so if there is any dissention in that locker room it will translate onto the field and into a bunch of losses.

 

Im sure there will be some gassers this week up at CovCath. The question is going to be who has the intestinal fortitude to lace up their boots next week and work that much harder?

Edited by Qryche11

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.