Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cardinal Mooney, OH 57 Covington Catholic 0

Featured Replies

Let's just chalk this game up to what it was--a bad game from almost all aspects. NCC on the scope now. Let's bring this one home and support the team. The players and coaches know this past weekend wasn't what was expected of them. But like in all sports, it is how you recover from a fall. Go Colonels beat the Breds!

 

NC this week? I thought it was Dixie.

 

Where is the game?

  • Replies 89
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just chalk this game up to what it was--a bad game from almost all aspects. NCC on the scope now. Let's bring this one home and support the team. The players and coaches know this past weekend wasn't what was expected of them. But like in all sports, it is how you recover from a fall. Go Colonels beat the Breds!

 

We all support the team that's why we as fans are upset. It's the people running the team I have zero support or respect for.

NC this week? I thought it was Dixie.

 

Where is the game?

 

At the NCC home field (NPHS) in Newport, right besides I-471.

 

I picked CovCath to win this week and I will continue to pick CovCath to win every week, as I go with my heart when I have to pick a winner in a CovCath game! It might not always be the smart pick but..... BTW, I will be at this game rooting on the Colonels.....

This is why I enjoy BGP. You have individuals who say they support their team but as soon as things go badly, they are ready to jump ship.

 

Why is it when things go badly its always the coaches fault and when things go well, its the kids that make it happen. Could it be a accountability thing with some of CCH players? Could it be a heart thing with some of the CCH players? Why cant we hold players, parents, alumni accountable for losing.

 

I have read and some individuals believe things can be ran a lot better with someone else, maybe, but if your a true fan who support CCH, what are you doing to help this team win? Except posting negative things about the head coach and his staff. If your a parent, have u asked your son what he has done or doing to make himself better during the week. If your an alumni, when is the last time you went to CCH to speak with the players and to get a realistic idea of whats truly going on.

 

I possse a task to whoever is willing to accept it. If you know more about the game than any coach at CCH, go down and voluteer your time to help the program better. Instead of sitting at home behind a laptop/computer complaining about whats going on. Be apart of the solution versuses causing a problem. I think they practice everyday around 3........

How can you say they weren't talented as freshmen. From what I remember they only lost one or two games. The talent is there at CCH. But I will say that teams that are planning to contend for a state title don't lose by 60 points. It all comes down to the coaches getting there team prepared to win games like for example actually giving the team scouting reports. And as far as the defense is concerned, I am completly shocked by there play over the past three weeks. I would have thought they would be the strength of this team. I guess a DC that was a pewee coach pryor to last year just isn't cutting it.

 

Scouting reports are great but what if the kids do not read them and place them in the trash......that doesnt help much.

Scouting reports are great but what if the kids do not read them and place them in the trash......that doesnt help much.

 

Its kinda hard to study them and take them seriously when the players would get them a day or two before the game. What does that tell the players?

Its kinda hard to study them and take them seriously when the players would get them a day or two before the game. What does that tell the players?

 

Are you joking? I got scouting reports on Wednesday in High school and we played on Friday. Continue to place the blame......

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

This talk about getting outscored 97-0 over the last two games may be a tad unfair; those two losses were to two rather exceptional teams I think with some unusual circumstances. Go Colonels, this Highlands fan is still behind you guys!

 

I think its very fair because it is not like CovCath is a mediocre football program. A CovCath team should not be getting beat this badly. I agree that two losses have been to great teams, but those games should have been more respectable than they were. I think thats the reason why the fan base is mad. There is no shame in losing to Highlands and Mooney, but it is very embarrasing by how much they lost by.

R u joking? I got scouting reports on Wednesday in High school and we played on Friday. Continue to place the blame......

 

Yes I am dead serious, and I will. If you think I don't what is going on over at CovCath then you are dead wrong. Its a big change when in the previous years,before the current staff, the players would get a scouting report the day after the previous game. It shows the players that the coaching staff is prepared and actually cares about winning football games. Also, it helps that the coaches actually going over it with the players and studying it with them also. Instead of just giving it to them and telling them to look at it.

Edited by Colonel Blue 28-2-4

This is why I enjoy BGP. You have individuals who say they support their team but as soon as things go badly, they are ready to jump ship.

 

Why is it when things go badly its always the coaches fault and when things go well, its the kids that make it happen. Could it be a accountability thing with some of CCH players? Could it be a heart thing with some of the CCH players? Why cant we hold players, parents, alumni accountable for losing.

 

I have read and some individuals believe things can be ran a lot better with someone else, maybe, but if your a true fan who support CCH, what are you doing to help this team win? Except posting negative things about the head coach and his staff. If your a parent, have u asked your son what he has done or doing to make himself better during the week. If your an alumni, when is the last time you went to CCH to speak with the players and to get a realistic idea of whats truly going on.

 

I possse a task to whoever is willing to accept it. If you know more about the game than any coach at CCH, go down and voluteer your time to help the program better. Instead of sitting at home behind a laptop/computer complaining about whats going on. Be apart of the solution versuses causing a problem. I think they practice everyday around 3........

 

For 40 plus years I have always supported CovCath!

In those 40 plus years I have always supported the kids!

In those 40 plus years, yes I have questioned some of the coaches!

In those 40 plus years, yes I have supported the wide majority of those coaches be it in football, basketball or baseball!

In those 40 plus years, yes I have attended a game or two or more, be it a football, basketball or baseball game!

In those 40 plus years, I am proud to say I have been called a "CovCath Homer" more than once, more than twice, heck I am a CovCath Homer!

As "Theoldguy" remember, I was a CovCath fan even before long time Coach Ray started at CovCath and I will continue to be a CovCath fan, even when Coach Brossart, Coach Listerman, or Coach Krumps are gone, that is if I live that long in the case of Coach Krumps(:lol:)!

 

So I hope you haven't include me in your little rant about fans jumping ship, as I remember very well when I was one of the few on that ship, back in the day's of not being so very good in the early years of CovCath football!

Where is Rodenburgh(sp?) at now? Moeller?

 

Yes along with Coach Hautman who was the defensive coordinator when Coach Rodenberg was at CovCath

Where is Rodenburgh(sp?) at now? Moeller?

 

 

Yes, it is/was his dream job and I think everybody at CovCath knew that! If he had left CovCath for Moeller, you never would have heard a single complaint from anyone at CovCath, but when he left for Roger Bacon a lot felt betrayed, as many felt it was a backward, not a forward move by Coach R....

Yes, it is/was his dream job and I think everybody at CovCath knew that! If he had left CovCath for Moeller, you never would have heard a single complaint from anyone at CovCath, but when he left for Roger Bacon a lot felt betrayed, as many felt it was a backward, not a forward move by Coach R....

 

Yeah, even for a non-CCH fan, that left a pretty bad taste. (And he's "family".)

We have reached a good ending point.

 

Again, let's see how CCH does against NCC, Beechwood, and Highlands before we pass judgment.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.