Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rivals 2010 Top 150 Released

Featured Replies

I doubt Euton is a Top 250 kid. He's simply not getting better IMO...

 

 

Euton is better than many think. He was at a small school with little exposure. Now he is at Scott County and is eligible and will get more competition and exposure. While he will not be a top 50 recruit, he is certainly better than top 250. I suspect he will end up as a low 4* when it's all said and done.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach Gillispie offered GJ and Euton a sholarship offer for some reason, and I trust is judgement on prospects. So lets give the kids a chance to graduate high school before we judge them, because a lot can change in a year or two.

BTW, Eutons' dad is known to read message boards and is sensitive to negative comments about his son.....as I would be as well. There was an issue with this at the Rivals site within the past year. FWIW.

Coach Gillispie offered GJ and Euton a sholarship offer for some reason, and I trust is judgement on prospects. So lets give the kids a chance to graduate high school before we judge them, because a lot can change in a year or two.

 

Exactly!!!!! Nice post.

BTW, Eutons' dad is known to read message boards and is sensitive to negative comments about his son......

This may be the funniest post I've ever read on here.

This may be the funniest post I've ever read on here.

 

I agree. If he doesn't like it, he shouldn't read them.

What I do like is the fact that a lot of the Top 50 kids who haven't decided at least list Kentucky. This is a change from years past.

 

That's because they all have fond memories of Coach Gillespie... he came to their 10th birthday parties. :D j/k

 

As far as the list goes, it sure would be amazing if #10 Adreian Payne decided to play at home in Dayton at UD. Chris Wright and Josh Benson have been amazing gets for us from the Dayton area. And we already have a verbal from #63 Juwan Staten to stay at home and play for the Flyers. Payne would just be too much to ask, but hey, a kid can dream.

 

Besides, Ohio State's seemingly endless supply of scholarships has to dry up somtime, right?

Its nice to see so many of the top programs considering UK. I believe this is a realistic year to have a truly great class. We are in with Josh Smith, Harrison Barnes, and Ive heard things about UK and Wright too. And of course we already have Ferguson. Obviously it would be nice to see Ross-Miller and Dakota Euton ranked up there, but we also need valuable role players and if they will improve they could really contribute in this class.

I'm a little dissapointed that only 1 Kentucky player is on the list. From what Ive seen of Ge'lawn I believe he deserves to be. I also think some other guys could get there before its all said and done from this class. I really like:

 

Ge'lawn Guyn

Ricardo Johnson

Chad Jackson

Elijah Pittman

Aaron Crosby

Dakota Euton

 

I would not be surprised to see any of these guys on the list this time next year.

BTW, Eutons' dad is known to read message boards and is sensitive to negative comments about his son.....as I would be as well. There was an issue with this at the Rivals site within the past year. FWIW.

 

:cry:

BTW, Eutons' dad is known to read message boards and is sensitive to negative comments about his son.....as I would be as well. There was an issue with this at the Rivals site within the past year. FWIW.

 

Luckily, we're all just stating opinions and not facts. I would like to see Euton finish as a top 5 player, but I just haven't seen that yet. We'll get a better feel for him this season on a talented team and against top notch competition :thumb:

Tell his Dad to grow some thicker skin then.

 

:thumb:

 

With the amounts of exposure high school athletes get today, they are all fair game for criticism. Not just Euton, but every player who puts on a uniform.

 

If a kid isn't mature enough to handle the criticism, they they aren't mature enough to play sports at the collegiate level.

 

Mr. Eutons son is going to get a free education at a nice university. I wouldn't complain about the criticism.

  • Author
Euton is better than many think. He was at a small school with little exposure. Now he is at Scott County and is eligible and will get more competition and exposure. While he will not be a top 50 recruit, he is certainly better than top 250. I suspect he will end up as a low 4* when it's all said and done.

 

I have seen Euton play against top competition, and have sat next to many highly respected talent evaluators while doing so. He's just not that good in comparison to top 150 players. A direct quote from two guys I guarantee you go to for evaluations said "every team needs a 12th guy on the bench"...

  • Author
That's because they all have fond memories of Coach Gillespie... he came to their 10th birthday parties. :D j/k

 

As far as the list goes, it sure would be amazing if #10 Adreian Payne decided to play at home in Dayton at UD. Chris Wright and Josh Benson have been amazing gets for us from the Dayton area. And we already have a verbal from #63 Juwan Staten to stay at home and play for the Flyers. Payne would just be too much to ask, but hey, a kid can dream.

 

Besides, Ohio State's seemingly endless supply of scholarships has to dry up somtime, right?

 

Payne is going to look good in Red and Black... :p

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.