Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rivals 2010 Top 150 Released

Featured Replies

I have seen Euton play against top competition, and have sat next to many highly respected talent evaluators while doing so. He's just not that good in comparison to top 150 players. A direct quote from two guys I guarantee you go to for evaluations said "every team needs a 12th guy on the bench"...

 

So you watched a sophomore play and made judgements on what type of college player he will be. Interesting.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thing Micheal Jordan didn't listen to those evaluators you sat by after he was cut from his high school team.

Good thing Micheal Jordan didn't listen to those evaluators you sat by after he was cut from his high school team.

 

 

Your comparing Euton to Jordan. To quote GT "Next"

So you watched a sophomore play and made judgements on what type of college player he will be. Interesting.

 

Come on...

So you watched a sophomore play and made judgements on what type of college player he will be. Interesting.

 

Your statement makes no sense. Given the # of high school sophs. with scholarship offers, apparantly this type of judgement is commonplace.

  • Author
So you watched a sophomore play and made judgements on what type of college player he will be. Interesting.

That's the business I'm in. I'm well trained in what to look for, and how it projects to the future. Ask around here, my track record for doing just that is very good...

  • Author

FYI. I just got the office in the new house set up, and I'm here for a while... :D

I saw Euton drop 40 on in a preseason game last year including like 7 threes, and before it gets said they were both playing as hard as they could trying to one up each other.

 

 

Gillispie is not the only one who thinks Euton is a high level prospect, he also got an offer from Billy Donovan

  • Author

Two years ago he was an elite prospect. A year ago he was a major prospect. This year he's not in the 150 (or really even in consideration). The trend doesn't lie, and it doesn't change the fact he will do very well at the HS level...

I see Euton as a role playing outside shooter.

I'll have to agree with GT. I saw Euton at the elite camp. I wasn't very impressed, plus he had a bad shooting day. People on here giving their opinions unless taken to extreme is not slamming a kid, it's just stating what you see.

That's the business I'm in. I'm well trained in what to look for, and how it projects to the future. Ask around here, my track record for doing just that is very good...

 

Its always great to see critics like yourself proved wrong. Thats not a slight towards you. I am sure your accurate most of the time, but its a good feeling when a young athlete rises above expectations. And him going to Kentucky, it would make that even sweeter. I will say that for KC Ross Miller and Euton they still have time to improve and maybe better than scouts have evaluated them. I have been very critical of GJ Villarino. I don't believe with as many times as scouts have seen him and him not really impress that he is a good option in this class for UK. I really hope he proves me wrong!

I'm not saying this as a bad thing, but I just have a curiousity I was wondering about. Again, in NO way am I saying this should happen or will happen or anythign like that, I'm just curious. Let's say Euton's (or any other young player's) development never happens and he is not considered a great college prospect. Does UK have to honor him with a scholarship or can they say "hey, sorry about your luck" and pull their offer? AGAIN, not saying I want this to happen or that it will happen, but I'm just curious how that works at the college level when no injuries, criminal behavior, or other problem occurs. I'm talking based solely on the player's development.

I'm not saying this as a bad thing, but I just have a curiousity I was wondering about. Again, in NO way am I saying this should happen or will happen or anythign like that, I'm just curious. Let's say Euton's (or any other young player's) development never happens and he is not considered a great college prospect. Does UK have to honor him with a scholarship or can they say "hey, sorry about your luck" and pull their offer? AGAIN, not saying I want this to happen or that it will happen, but I'm just curious how that works at the college level when no injuries, criminal behavior, or other problem occurs. I'm talking based solely on the player's development.

 

I'm sure it CAN happen. Until a LOI is signed, nothing is official. Either party can back out.

 

Now if a school yanks an offer from a committed kid, its going to look pretty bad on the school, and may hurt recruiting in the future.

 

I REALLY hope that BCG wouldn't revoke an offer (and don't think he would), but if a kid gets close and doesn't think they'll get much PT at a school, and decides they're better off going somewhere else, thats a different situation.

I'm sure it CAN happen. Until a LOI is signed, nothing is official. Either party can back out.

 

Now if a school yanks an offer from a committed kid, its going to look pretty bad on the school, and may hurt recruiting in the future.

 

I REALLY hope that BCG wouldn't revoke an offer (and don't think he would), but if a kid gets close and doesn't think they'll get much PT at a school, and decides they're better off going somewhere else, thats a different situation.

 

So, even though there is a commitment, the school can actually just yank the offer? That's what I was wondering and I only used Euton has a name, I should've just used a generic Player X or something.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.