Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rivals 2010 Top 150 Released

Featured Replies

So, even though there is a commitment, the school can actually just yank the offer? That's what I was wondering and I only used Euton has a name, I should've just used a generic Player X or something.

 

Yep, see Brad Durham (UL) and Ben Duvall (Purdue). Happens far to often IMO.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see Euton as a role playing outside shooter.

 

I don't care what Rivals has him ranked, he'll be a major player at UK before it's said and done, if he works.

That's the business I'm in. I'm well trained in what to look for, and how it projects to the future. Ask around here, my track record for doing just that is very good...

 

 

So, how did you have 3* Adam Morrison ranked as a sophomore in HS? That low rating landed him a lottery pick in the NBA draft. There is no way at all you can tell me what type of player he will be in 6 years. Nuff said. My money says he will be better than Shagari who was ranked #80 out of HS and you claim that Euton will not be ranked in the top 250.

  • Author
So, how did you have 3* Adam Morrison ranked as a sophomore in HS? That low rating landed him a lottery pick in the NBA draft. There is no way at all you can tell me what type of player he will be in 6 years. Nuff said. My money says he will be better than Shagari who was ranked #80 out of HS and you claim that Euton will not be ranked in the top 250.

Is it an exact science? No. There are always kids that bloom late, and that's part of the deal. Problem is Euton developed early (remember he was considered by most to be a top 20ish kid two years ago) and now everyone else has caught up to him and blown by.

 

The first time I saw Fergueson he had a "bad" game, and I came on here and said the kid was going to be VERY good. The next time I watched him, he played to the level you could tell he possessed. I don't see that from Euton, and everyone in the business I've talked to about him agrees. I have nothing against the kid, and I hope he does well. I simply don't think he's a high major recruit based on what I've seen first hand...

I think the kid needs better exposure and coaching. Billy Clyde is a solid recruiter and he saw something he liked in the kid. Not every recruit will be a 5* but every team needs 4 year players to have that "senior leadership" and maturity. I suspect the Eutons moved closer to Lexington to expose their son to the UK system earlier through summer pick up games. The dad basically got the kid in trouble with the KHSAA with his comments on the subject. Luckily, he and Jackson are now cleared.

 

and for the poster that thinks I am comparing Euton to MJ, not hardly but MJ WAS cut from his HS team his freshman year

  • Author
I think the kid needs better exposure and coaching. Billy Clyde is a solid recruiter and he saw something he liked in the kid. Not every recruit will be a 5* but every team needs 4 year players to have that "senior leadership" and maturity. I suspect the Eutons moved closer to Lexington to expose their son to the UK system earlier through summer pick up games. The dad basically got the kid in trouble with the KHSAA with his comments on the subject. Luckily, he and Jackson are now cleared.

 

Better exposure? He's been playing on a high level AAU team against elite competition for how long???

  • Author

and for the poster that thinks I am comparing Euton to MJ, not hardly but MJ WAS cut from his HS team his freshman year

 

He was cut from the varsity team as a sophomore. He grew 4 inches in the next year, and you know the rest from there. Does Euton have a 4 inch growth spurt left in him??? ;)

Most likely not at 6'7 already but he is being touted as a Scott Padgett type player. Time will tell. My guys I read have a slightly higher opinion of him though than not making the top 250.

Any thoughts about guys who ARE on the list? :D

Here is what Bob Gibbons had to say about the new 3* recruit UK landed today:

 

The 6-foot-4 Williams, who is in Lexington and will likely commit to UK, was the MVP of the Silver Division (the runner-up teams from pool play) at the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions over Memorial Day weekend. He averaged 24 points a game in that event for the New Orleans Jazz.

 

"He's a hidden gem," Gibbons said. "I think Billy Gillispie has added a kid who is ready, right now, to step in and be a contributor and maybe even be a starter. There's no doubt in my mind that he will be a significant contributor as a freshman."

 

Just goes to show that rankings don't always mean what you would think they mean.

  • Author
Any thoughts about guys who ARE on the list? :D

Who do you want to know about??? ;)

  • Author
Here is what Bob Gibbons had to say about the new 3* recruit UK landed today:

 

The 6-foot-4 Williams, who is in Lexington and will likely commit to UK, was the MVP of the Silver Division (the runner-up teams from pool play) at the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions over Memorial Day weekend. He averaged 24 points a game in that event for the New Orleans Jazz.

 

"He's a hidden gem," Gibbons said. "I think Billy Gillispie has added a kid who is ready, right now, to step in and be a contributor and maybe even be a starter. There's no doubt in my mind that he will be a significant contributor as a freshman."

 

Just goes to show that rankings don't always mean what you would think they mean.

He wasn't seen by the recruiting guys until after the rankings came out. Jerey Meyer said he'd be a high 3 low 4 star guy if he was evaluated earlier...

Who do you want to know about??? ;)

 

Just curious since he's the only kentucky boy on the list, but what are you thoughts on Ge'lawn Guyn from Scott County?

  • Author
Just curious since he's the only kentucky boy on the list, but what are you thoughts on Ge'lawn Guyn from Scott County?

I haven't seen him much, but I'm impressed he made the list considering how loaded the 2010 class is at SG. I hope to have a better grasp on his game this winter...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.