Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harlan Co./Letcher Co. Central Predictions

Featured Replies

I don't know if there is already a thread up, but if not, lets hear some predictions.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out if HCHS looks like they did in the scrimmage against KC last week!

If LCC were a run oriented team I'd take the Bears. But the fact remains most of these teams have not ever faced a spread offense and a QB like Banks, they also have never played on such a hostile stage as what it will be in Letcher County come Friday.

 

Harlan plays competitively and learns alot, but loses

 

LCC 34

Harlan County 21

From what I hear HC looked like they needed to work on pass defense at the scrimmage Friday, So I'm guessing Coach Larkey knows how good a passing team he will be up against and they will work on that all week. Should be interesting. Realizing they need to work on pass defense may be a blessing in disguise, but that is what scrimmages are for.

 

I'm predicting Harlan County winners 28-21. They play an almost scoreless second half until they claim a victory on a last second punt return by Dylan Smith.

 

I'm also guessing it will not be a to hostile environment with all of the Black Bear fans that will be there.

HCHS has got to be able to get heat on Banks or it could be a long night, the D-line has to be in the backfield to give the DBs some help. The offense must keep the chains moving and play field postition and ball control. If they do this game is winnable if not LCC may have an easy time. I want to see if the Bears get down how they respond, do they hang their heads or come back and take the fight to the Cougars. This is so cool we have so many questions and no one really has the answers about a first year program.

I think it's important to remember that Letcher Central is last year's Regional Runner up, so they are going to be strong. Their crowd will be a factor as well, but there will be a lot of support form Harlan too.

 

There is a lot of hype in Harlan, but honestly 5A is a different world than what most in HC are used to. When I sas this as the opener for HC I said this would provide an immediate measuring stick for the Bears.

 

It will be important for them to get off to a good start. I look for an outright attack on the passing game of LC. They ARE going to bring pressure, there is no doubt about that. I think this could be a high scoring affair. Harlan County will be without Green and that might be a factor, but Clark should be able to step in and provide similar results. I have stated before that Harlan Co. can provide nightmares for teams because of misdirection capibilities. That coupled with the fact that they have capable recievers makes them a threat to score on any given play. I have not seen the kicking game of HC, but this might be decided on execution of just that.

 

I'll go with the Bears in a shoot out 42-35.

I have to respectfully disagree with 5A being a different world, a lot of smaller teams around could beat some 5A schools (Bell County for one), plus I think all of this 5A, 3A, 1A stuff goes out the window when the game starts. Cawood wasn't very good at all last year but when they played Harlan and Cumberland they played with a lot of emotion and played well and won, as for Evarts they had the upper hand against Cawood and also beat Harlan, but they are now all on the same team. The emotions will be a factor. I believe Coach Larkey will have them ready to play and the few times I have been around him I can guarantee he will not let these boys drop their heads.

The scrimmage against Knox Central was just that, a scrimmage. Although that is true, all teams across kentucky had things that they saw that they need to work on. I personally dont think HC's pass coverage was lacking that much, being that they held Knox to zero points until there was 9 seconds remaining in a twenty minute game. There was alot of kids in and out. They had a pretty good running game and passing game, but very little shown as we all had figured prior to the scrimmage. GO BLACK BEAR NATION. :ylsuper:

Harlan County will be without Green and that might be a factor, but Clark should be able to step in and provide similar results. .

 

 

I must have missed something, why is Green out?

I have to respectfully disagree with 5A being a different world, a lot of smaller teams around could beat some 5A schools (Bell County for one), plus I think all of this 5A, 3A, 1A stuff goes out the window when the game starts. Cawood wasn't very good at all last year but when they played Harlan and Cumberland they played with a lot of emotion and played well and won, as for Evarts they had the upper hand against Cawood and also beat Harlan, but they are now all on the same team. The emotions will be a factor. I believe Coach Larkey will have them ready to play and the few times I have been around him I can guarantee he will not let these boys drop their heads.

 

Um...Bell County is 4A...lol.

 

I guess I should have clarified myself better. Championship level in 5A is a different world. Take a look at Highlands and see how many State Championships they have. Letcher Central is the regional runner up from last year to..........Highlands.

 

What I am saying is the kids and the fans of Harlan County are not used to seeing the depth of talent competitive 5A programs have. Harlan County has depth, especially at the skill positions, but are not yet used to competing on this level.

 

As for 1A schools, especailly mountain 1A schools, competing with 5A, you are joking yourself if you think 1A can compete with the upper level of 5A. There are a few teams, Hazard comes to mind this year, that could compete but for the most part it doesn't happen.

I must have missed something, why is Green out?

 

 

What is going on with Green?:confused:

He got into a fight in the last game of last year against Estill Co., so no T.J. Greene at LCC this week, but we have enough other weapons to make up the difference. Go Bears all the way!!! The Bear Nation has total faith in you. I cannot wait until Friday night.

Letcher Central 35-26.

Um...Bell County is 4A...lol.

 

I guess I should have clarified myself better. Championship level in 5A is a different world. Take a look at Highlands and see how many State Championships they have. Letcher Central is the regional runner up from last year to..........Highlands.

 

What I am saying is the kids and the fans of Harlan County are not used to seeing the depth of talent competitive 5A programs have. Harlan County has depth, especially at the skill positions, but are not yet used to competing on this level.

 

As for 1A schools, especially mountain 1A schools, competing with 5A, you are joking yourself if you think 1A can compete with the upper level of 5A. There are a few teams, Hazard comes to mind this year, that could compete but for the most part it doesn't happen.

 

 

There are a lot more 1A schools that challenge quality competition in the state then what we have here in the mountains. Belfry and Breathitt are smaller schools that could challenge anyone (I think). I guess that it my problem that a lot of times when I talk or think football I just think of the mountain teams and don't even relate to other areas of the state. I'm thinking that is because I couldn't tell you a thing about State Champions even last year unless they were a mountain team or close. I just can't buy into the fact that just because a team has so many players that they are automatically better than a smaller program. You can still put the same number of players on the field and if they are good they play both sides of the ball, so I really don't see it except for the argument that you have more to pick from, but still it is the same number on the field as the other team. I could talk about this for days, but we have a ballgame to get excited about. Go BEARS!!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.