Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harlan Co./Letcher Co. Central Predictions

Featured Replies

I did a drive by LCC Field today. The facility looks killer! People were everywhere cutting grass on the hill at the entrance, mowing the field above the parking lot, you could just feel the preparation for a "BIG GAME".

 

As for parking, I spoke to the grounds keeper that was mowing the lot. He said that they use the grass field above the parking lot and had another huge field at the top of the ridge they shuttle people from when needed.

 

While I was there something occurred to me...They have turf! Folks if you think Simmons and Gilliam look fast on grass....wait until you see what turf does for their speed. I am telling you, if either one of these kids get loose the authorities will have to set up a road block in Isom to catch them. LCC defense will have to play a serious game of assignment football. Until LCC met Highlands last year I seriously doubt they saw the speed these two will bring. Wel..Hazard also had exceptional speed.

 

I cant wait!:dancingpa

Edited by Bear_Paw

  • Replies 82
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what the Harlan Daily Enterprise had on their football preview...."The Black Bear BRotherhood". We're coming for ya cougars!!:dancingpa

Letcher will definitely have to bring their "A" game, but so will Harlan. I'm a little worried about the secondary of the Bears. I hope it holds up for four quarters.

 

Also, with Green being out, will the Bears be able to have those important "clock killing" drives? In my opinion, Shaquille Clark and Glenn Roberts will be very pivotal tomorrow night.

  • Author
Lets try this again, I may be wrong but Hazard is the only team that we can relate too. Cumberland and Hazard played and LCC and Hazard Played. Hazard beat LCC pretty good and CUmberland played played Hazard pretty good, I make this compare because CUmberland, Cawood and Evarts combined to make HCHS. Cumberland didn't lose anybody so that being said I don't know why this is funny. GO bears Win by 100 if you can Larkey!!!!!!!!:dancingpa
Just as 3wishes said in another post, you're comparing like 4 teams there... Hazard beat LCC, but Cumberland played Hazard pretty close so Harlan Co. can beat LCC this year??? It doesn't work like that. Hazard beat Cumberland last year 46-20 and 33-27 so they only played them close once, which was in the playoffs. So I'm guessing the only reason for that one being close was Hazard didn't take them seriously after thumping them in the first meeting. Hazard beat Evarts 56-27 and 48-24, niether one of those look close.
Just as 3wishes said in another post, you're comparing like 4 teams there... Hazard beat LCC, but Cumberland played Hazard pretty close so Harlan Co. can beat LCC this year??? It doesn't work like that. Hazard beat Cumberland last year 46-20 and 33-27 so they only played them close once, which was in the playoffs. So I'm guessing the only reason for that one being close was Hazard didn't take them seriously after thumping them in the first meeting. Hazard beat Evarts 56-27 and 48-24, niether one of those look close.

 

What about the Larkey factor?

  • Author
What about the Larkey factor?
I'm not saying HC. doesn't stand a chance, that would be crazy to say. Did I say anything about LCC beating Harlan Co. in that post? No. I'm simply explaining that the logic of this team beat that team then that team beat another team so that means that this other team can beat that team.....see how crazy that looks? Doesn't work like that.

Tom Larkey is one of the best Coach's in the State and I know everyone in Harlan Co. is excited about their new High School and supporting their new team....makes sense, I would be too.

What about the Larkey factor?

 

From what I have seen/read/heard, Friday night will showcase two of the best coaches the mountains have ever seen. Larkey and Howard are both dandies. I think Larkey has two runner-up trophies, while Howard has a couple of state championships.

 

With that being said, the coaches can not play the game for them. From being around football a lot, I can tell you that coaches can put players in the perfect position, and a lot of times, it still doesn't go their way.

 

When the players step underneath those lights on Friday night, it is going to come down to who wants it the most - the Bears or the Cougars?

Game Day - It's FINALLY here black bear fans!!!

 

I watched my "little" bear go out the door this morning in his white Black Bear jersey (looking darned good I might add) on the first day of school at the new Harlan County High School, on the first official game day, and now on my day off, I can't even go back to sleep I'm so excited.

 

:dancingpa BRING IT ON COUGARS.....THE BEARS ARE READY FOR YA!!! :dancingpa

Game Day - It's FINALLY here black bear fans!!!

 

I watched my "little" bear go out the door this morning in his white Black Bear jersey (looking darned good I might add) on the first day of school at the new Harlan County High School, on the first official game day, and now on my day off, I can't even go back to sleep I'm so excited.

 

:dancingpa BRING IT ON COUGARS.....THE BEARS ARE READY FOR YA!!! :dancingpa

 

I feel you, I've had goosebumps for the past 24 hours and cannot sleep.

:sleep: I'm too tired.....I don't think I'll go tonight......:sleep:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm ready to go!!!:banana: :ylsuper: :walk:

:cry: My baby bear also started at HCHS this morning. I'm excited and he is excited. Heck we're all excited!!! Can't wait till tonight. GO BEARS!!!!:banana: Can't wait to see just how big our BLACK BEAR NATION is.

We will be looking good on and off the field tonight. GO BEARS

Look for the Bears to make some big plays on special teams. Smith, Gilliam, and Simmons could all be back deep on kick-off return.

This one is hard to pick. Two great coachs, a county with a new school and a lot of expectations, a school that's just had a few years to get estsblished. I don't know this will be a good one. Can't wait to see the score.

Look for the Bears to make some big plays on special teams. Smith, Gilliam, and Simmons could all be back deep on kick-off return.

 

With those three returning kicks, the Bears are always a threat on special teams. That could play a huge role in the game tonight, and every other night. Special teams plays are momentum shifters!!!

I did a drive by LCC Field today. The facility looks killer! People were everywhere cutting grass on the hill at the entrance, mowing the field above the parking lot, you could just feel the preparation for a "BIG GAME".

 

As for parking, I spoke to the grounds keeper that was mowing the lot. He said that they use the grass field above the parking lot and had another huge field at the top of the ridge they shuttle people from when needed.

 

While I was there something occurred to me...They have turf! Folks if you think Simmons and Gilliam look fast on grass....wait until you see what turf does for their speed. I am telling you, if either one of these kids get loose the authorities will have to set up a road block in Isom to catch them. LCC defense will have to play a serious game of assignment football. Until LCC met Highlands last year I seriously doubt they saw the speed these two will bring. Wel..Hazard also had exceptional speed.

 

I cant wait!:dancingpa

People seem to forget the kid with maybe the most speed on the team Dillion Smith. I look for him to take a kick-off or slant pass to the house.:ylsuper:
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.