Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Griffey: Thanks, and I'm sorry

Featured Replies

Ken Griffey Jr. released this statement through the Reds Saturday:

 

I would like to thank the Cincinnati Reds organization for allowing me to fulfill a lifelong dream of playing for my hometown team. I will always value the lasting friendships I have with the Lindner, Castellini and Williams families.

While my nine seasons there were filled with personal highlights - like hitting my 400th, 500th and 600th home runs in a Reds uniform - and the negatives of having to fight through too many injuries, my biggest regret is that we were not able to win a world championship while I was there.

I also would like to thank my many teammates, managers, coaches and Reds employees for their help and support and to acknowledge the many friendly relationships I had with most of the members of the local media. I will miss the banter.

Last, but certainly not least, I would like to thank Reds fans for their support. I really do understand that the overwhelming majority of fans wanted so badly for me to succeed. Additionally, I would like to sincerely apologize to those fans offended by my wrongful actions last Saturday night. It was an overreaction on my part to what I felt was a series of public inaccurate and unfair remarks about me.

I wish nothing but success for the Reds both on and off the field.

Sincerely,

Ken Griffey Jr.

 

 

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080803/SPT04/808030432/1071

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I'll always be a big Ken Griffey Jr. fan. He shows his class once again with the letter above. It's a shame that he was treated so unfairly by some of the Reds fan. In their eyes, he could do nothing right.

Say what you want, but for the most part Junior handles himself with class.

There are a lot of fans out there who didn't care for Griffey, but I am certainly one that did.

Classy move by Griffey, IMO

 

:thumb:

Never had anything but the utmost respect for KGJ, but I'm still glad he's gone.

 

And the throat slash thing, to me, was absolutley nothing.

Awesome.. from one queen city boy to another thank you!

Not too many players would send a letter to their former organization, especially after some of what he went through with some of the fans and other people..Very classy move by Griffey...

Makes me proud to be a KGJ fan. Have been since the Mariners and will be till he wears the hat into the HOF.:thumb::thumb:

Never had anything but the utmost respect for KGJ, but I'm still glad he's gone.

 

And the throat slash thing, to me, was absolutley nothing.

 

:thumb:

What was the issue with the throat slash, I just heard one of the broadcasters had said something about him and that he directed it at them. What was said and who said it?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.