Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Griffey: Thanks, and I'm sorry

Featured Replies

I was hoping that is who it was, I don't like him very much as an announcer. I can't believe Marty didn't give Brantley a beat down right there in the press box. Marty is one of Jr's #1 supporters.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was hoping that is who it was, I don't like him very much as an announcer. I can't believe Marty didn't give Brantley a beat down right there in the press box. Marty is one of Jr's #1 supporters.

 

Marty is on record as saying it was a mistake by Junior.

Marty is on record as saying it was a mistake by Junior.

 

That the hand jesture was a mistake. I was talking about whatever Cowboy said about Griffey that brought on the hand jesture. Did Marty defend whatever was said by Brantley? Does anyone know what was said?

That the hand jesture was a mistake. I was talking about whatever Cowboy said about Griffey that brought on the hand jesture. Did Marty defend whatever was said by Brantley? Does anyone know what was said?

 

Junior was simply out of line and incorrect. He thought JB said that he was pouting. It was never said by anyone. That led to the gesture.

Never had anything but the utmost respect for KGJ, but I'm still glad he's gone.

 

And the throat slash thing, to me, was absolutley nothing.

 

My thoughts too! I'd like to see him win it all but am glad a new chapter is open for the Reds.

A great move by Junior, hope he does well for the Sox and can one day be part of the Reds organization in another capacity, just not in right field. :D

Griff is a true class act.

Never had anything but the utmost respect for KGJ, but I'm still glad he's gone.

 

And the throat slash thing, to me, was absolutley nothing.

Agree.

Owned up to the mistake and just another reason, he's first class.

Jr has always been a classy act. He will always be my favorite player.

 

:thumb:

Jr has always been a classy act. He will always be my favorite player.

 

:thumb:

 

My one and only trip to NY will be when he gets inducted into Cooperstown. I'm already starting to save a little here and there for it.

Never had anything but the utmost respect for KGJ, but I'm still glad he's gone.

 

And the throat slash thing, to me, was absolutley nothing.

 

:thumb:

 

I never disliked Griffey. He's always been one of my favorites. But, it wasn't meant to be in Cincinnati. My only regret is that they didn't move him sooner...like years ago.

 

Some people may mistake that as not liking Griffey or treating him unfairly. That's not it at all. It just became clear to me that it wasn't going to work in Cincy. I think the Reds could have moved on sooner and it may have been better for Griffey's career to get out of Cincy. That's something we'll never know. I hope he has a great finish to his career in Chicago.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.