Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can anyone beat Holmes and Scott County?

Featured Replies

I'm not sure if there is already a thread I didn't see one, but with Brandon Housely Being granted his eligabililty at Holmes, Does this cement Holmes and Scott County as the far and away teams to beat in KY? Can anybody challenge them for the state Title?

  • Replies 91
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if there is already a thread I didn't see one, but with Brandon Housely Being granted his eligabililty at Holmes, Does this cement Holmes and Scott County as the far and away teams to beat in KY? Can anybody challenge them for the state Title?

 

There's a lot of talent in Kentucky. They both will be challenged.

  • Author
There's a lot of talent in Kentucky. They both will be challenged.

 

I think I worded it wrong, does anyone think someone else will end up in th finals?

I think I worded it wrong, does anyone think someone else will end up in th finals?

 

Don't they draw the Sweet 16?

I think I worded it wrong, does anyone think someone else will end up in th finals?

 

That is probably so and Covington Holmes and Scott County will be two of the elites. Since there are going to be several teams that capable of beating them this season, I would say there's more parity. There are no locks this year.

Don't they draw the Sweet 16?

 

Yep, one may stop the other before the finals.

Ask again about mid Feb. We should know the tourney draw and also how other teams are playing. Alot can happen between now and then.

 

As of now they would be my top two picks.I also would throw in Elliott Co as a strong contender.

Ask again about mid Feb. We should know the tourney draw and also how other teams are playing. Alot can happen between now and then.

 

As of now they would be my top two picks.I also would throw in Elliott Co as a strong contender.

 

I agree.:thumb:

Ask again about mid Feb. We should know the tourney draw and also how other teams are playing. Alot can happen between now and then.

 

As of now they would be my top two picks.I also would throw in Elliott Co as a strong contender.

Considering Elliott scared the soup out of the champs at Rupp this March, and they were only juniors, I'd have to wholeheartedly agree.

Who were Elliott County's losses last year? What was their biggest win? They will be tough this year.

Who were Elliott County's losses last year? What was their biggest win? They will be tough this year.

 

Losses:

 

62 - 76 to CovCath at the 5/3

55 - 62 to Rose Hill in the All-A 16th regional at Bath COunty

61 - 90 to Mason County at Mason County

62 - 66 to Mason County in Round 1 of the Sweet 16

 

Biggest wins:

 

Rose Hill (67-60) and East Carter (53-32) in the 16th Region tournament.

 

And yes, they should be very tough this year.

I would love to see Elliot Co play Holmes. Final Four I would like to see next year at Rupp.

Elliot Co, Holmes, Scott Co and GRC. Now that would be an awesome group.

I'm not sure if there is already a thread I didn't see one, but with Brandon Housely Being granted his eligabililty at Holmes, Does this cement Holmes and Scott County as the far and away teams to beat in KY? Can anybody challenge them for the state Title?
No and yes
Who were Elliott County's losses last year? What was their biggest win? They will be tough this year.
They will be tough.....IMO last year means nothing.......the AAU competetion they have been playing is definately several levels above high school ball.....they are competeting very well this summer against the AAU competetion.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.