Predicting Kentucky's Season

buzzer beater

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of Kentucky's QB's will be arrested before the season starts, and UK's Coach Brook's will find a copy of an old fax in Hal Mumme's old desk drawer that shows that Tim Couch actually wanted to come back for his senior season. UK will petition the NCAA, and Couch will regain one year of eligibility. Couch's arm is so weak that he can only throw five yard outs, and the offense will rank last in the NCAA. UK's defense will be good enough to win three games on their own, and UK will finish 3-9. :D:D

All of Kentucky's QB's will be arrested before the season starts, and UK's Coach Brook's will find a copy of an old fax in Hal Mumme's old desk drawer that shows that Tim Couch actually wanted to come back for his senior season. UK will petition the NCAA, and Couch will regain one year of eligibility. Couch's arm is so weak that he can only throw five yard outs, and the offense will rank last in the NCAA. UK's defense will be good enough to win three games on their own, and UK will finish 3-9. :D:D

I think Hartline will be fine after he gets a SEC season behind him.

Here is what I posted the first time.

L Sun., Aug. 31 Louisville @ Louisville, Ky.

W Sat., Sept. 6 NORFOLK STATE

W Sat., Sept. 13 MIDDLE TENNESSEE

W Sat., Sept. 27 WESTERN KENTUCKY

L Sat., Oct. 4 Alabama @ Tuscaloosa, Ala.

L Sat., Oct. 11 SOUTH CAROLINA

L Sat., Oct. 18 ARKANSAS

L Sat., Oct. 25 Florida @ Gainesville, Fla.

L Sat., Nov. 1 Mississippi State @ Starkville, Miss.

L Sat., Nov. 8 GEORGIA

W Sat., Nov. 15 VANDERBILT

L Sat., Nov. 29 Tennessee @ Knoxville, Tenn.

Wasn't that Couch's offense the first time he was here?

Sun., Aug. 31 Louisville @ Louisville, Ky. = W (? toss up)

Sat., Sept. 6 NORFOLK STATE = W

Sat., Sept. 13 MIDDLE TENNESSEE = W

Sat., Sept. 20 Open

Sat., Sept. 27 WESTERN KENTUCKY = W

Sat., Oct. 4 Alabama @ Tuscaloosa, Ala. = L

Sat., Oct. 11 SOUTH CAROLINA = L

Sat., Oct. 18 ARKANSAS = W (?)

Sat., Oct. 25 Florida @ Gainesville, Fla.= L

Sat., Nov. 1 Mississippi State @ Starkville, Miss. = L

Sat., Nov. 8 GEORGIA = L

Sat., Nov. 15 VANDERBILT = W

Sat., Nov. 22 Open

Sat., Nov. 29 Tennessee @ Knoxville, Tenn. = L

6-6 at best, with very possible losses to U.L. and/or Arkansas (I picked W's being optomistic) could fall to 5-7 or 4-8 very easily. (Especially with the QB situation now)

Sun., Aug. 31 Louisville @ Louisville, Ky. = W (toss up)

Sat., Sept. 6 NORFOLK STATE = W

Sat., Sept. 13 MIDDLE TENNESSEE = W

Sat., Sept. 20 Open

Sat., Sept. 27 WESTERN KENTUCKY = W

Sat., Oct. 4 Alabama @ Tuscaloosa, Ala. = L

Sat., Oct. 11 SOUTH CAROLINA = W

Sat., Oct. 18 ARKANSAS = W

Sat., Oct. 25 Florida @ Gainesville, Fla.= L

Sat., Nov. 1 Mississippi State @ Starkville, Miss. = L

Sat., Nov. 8 GEORGIA = L

Sat., Nov. 15 VANDERBILT = W

Sat., Nov. 22 Open

Sat., Nov. 29 Tennessee @ Knoxville, Tenn. = L

I think they will finish anywhere from 5-7 to 7-5, ... probably 6-6. I posted the 7-5 as that is what I am hoping for or better. UL, USC and Arkansas are the pivotal games which will decide whether a bowl game is a possibility for the Cats.

My updated predicition

vs. UL WIN

vs. Norfolk State WIN

vs. MTSU WIN

vs. WKU WIN

vs. Alabama LOSS

vs. SO. Carolina LOSS

vs. Arkansas WIN

vs. Florida LOSS

vs. MSU LOSS

vs. Georgia LOSS

vs. Vandy WIN

vs. Tennessee LOSS

6 wins and a a trip to the Papa John's Bowl...

@ Louisville

NORFOLK STATE

MIDDLE TENNESSEE

WESTERN KENTUCKY

@ Alabama

SOUTH CAROLINA

ARKANSAS

@ Florida

@ Mississippi State

GEORGIA

VANDERBILT

@ Tennessee

The way I see it, Norfolk State, Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky, should be W's if UK takes care of business and doesn't overlook anyone. Florida, Georgia and Tennessee are most likely L's. That leaves the six bolded games as swing games, IMO. Obviously, some are more winnable than others, but I don't think any of them are certain, set-in-stone losses for UK.

The opener against U of L would be a big win for this UK team with a lot of new starters in important positions. It would help the confidence. At this point, I consider this one a 50/50 toss-up at this point.

Alabama is most likely a loss, especially on the road, but I don't quite chalk it up as automatic as games @ Florida and Georgia.

South Carolina and Arkansas are both possible W's, especially since they're at home. I'll say UK splits those two.

On the road vs. Mississippi State will be a tough one. Considering they manhandled us in Commonwealth last year, they have to be favored to win at home this year, but this is a team, like UK, that is building right now. I don't think they've arrived, so I still see this one as a winnable game.

Vandy is probably the opposite of the 'Bama game...it's one that UK should win, but it's not a sure thing.

So, assuming they beat Vandy, lose to 'Bama and split the back-to-back home games against USC and Arkansas, we're at 5-5. That means, two road games (U of L and MSU) could likely determine whether UK is bowl eligible.