Iran Test-Fires 9 Missiles - Warns US/Israel

Wireman

Tensions are starting to heat up in the Middle East...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080709/wl_nm/iran_missiles_test_dc

Iran tests missiles, vows to hit back if attacked

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran test-fired nine missiles on Wednesday and warned the United States and Israel it was ready to retaliate if they attacked the Islamic Republic over its disputed nuclear projects.

Washington, which says Iran seeks atomic bombs, told Tehran to halt further tests if it wanted the world to trust it. Iran, the world's fourth largest oil producer, insists its nuclear program aims only at generating electricity.

Rising tensions have rattled financial markets. Oil prices, which had slipped from record highs, rebounded about $2 a barrel after Wednesday's tests.

Speculation that Israel could strike Iran has mounted since its air force staged an exercise last month that U.S. officials said involved 100 aircraft. The United States has not ruled out military action if diplomacy fails to resolve the nuclear row...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let them blow each other up!

If I had to choose between us doing the blowing up and them doing the blowing up, I vote them. I'm not always sure that being the "world's policeman" is always a good thing.

I fear for our nation if we turn our backs on Israel.

I like this part..... "Iran, the world's fourth largest oil producer, insists its nuclear program aims only at generating electricity."

Obviously a misquote. Should read "Iran, the world's fourth largest oil producer, insists its nuclear program aims only at Israel."

This is the single most important issue facing the world today and it is not going away. Iran is making nukes, no question about it. Iran has said many times that they will blow Israel off the face of the earth.Isaael will not sit back and let it happen. If Iran makes a nuke they will offer it to terrorists to bring to the USA most likely a major port so we have a stake in this. Russia has already said they have Irans backs, we have said we have Israel's backs. They is about 6 months or less until they nukes are ready so there is little time to settle this peacefully. If you are not scared you should be, we all should be because the stuff is going to hit the fan and soon.Did I mention Israel has already been practicing the bombing run by flying the exact distance to the nuke plants in Iran over the ocean.Now you know why they are test firing missiles.Makes you wonder why they is not more talk about it.

Edited by Xtiger69

This is the single most important issue facing the world today and it is not going away. Iran is making nukes, no question about it. Iran has said many times that they will blow Israel off the face of the earth.Isaael will not sit back and let it happen. If Iran makes a nuke they will offer it to terrorists to bring to the USA most likely a major port so we have a stake in this. Russia has already said they have Irans backs, we have said we have Israel's backs. They is about 6 months or less until they nukes are ready so there is little time to settle this peacefully. If you are not scared you should be, we all should be because the stuff is going to hit the fan and soon.

Iran wants no part of Israel.