8th Region 2008-09

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw WV once last year - in the 8th Region tournament. What will they look like this year? Who takes charge now that Hargett is gone?

The girls that are freshmen this year are their best players. These group of girls will contend for the 8th region title in a couple of years. Don't know that much about their soph, junior, or senior players.

I heard they might struggle this year.

The girls that are freshmen this year are their best players. These group of girls will contend for the 8th region title in a couple of years. Don't know that much about their soph, junior, or senior players.

Outside of Hargett, WV was not very good last season. I don't expect that they'll be much of a threat this season. I dont know much about their Freshman class, but I seriously doubt they'll carry them very far this year. Hopefully for them they can get some valuable experience, and maybe they'll be formidable in a few years.

Are you just completely forgetting Dixon?? She was the 2nd leading scorer to Hargett last year and continues to improve. Dont get me wrong the freshman are good players but i wouldnt go as far as their best players though. I agree on the struggling part. They are young but will improve over the next couple of years.:jump:

Are you just completely forgetting Dixon?? She was the 2nd leading scorer to Hargett last year and continues to improve. Dont get me wrong the freshman are good players but i wouldnt go as far as their best players though. I agree on the struggling part. They are young but will improve over the next couple of years.:jump:

Like I said, I don't know that much about their other players outside the freshmen. I agree over the next few years they will be very good and will contend for the 8th region title.

Do not remember the score for each qtr but as to who played well....it was hard to tell with so many turnovers. WV had twice as many as Rowan so it was difficult to tell who played well when there was no flow to the game. I was impressed with how aggressive WV was, they definitely got after the ball.

• 5 weeks later...
I would say the biggest disappointment is OC, Owen .

I don't know if I would go that far. The Lady Rebels two losses are by a combined 3 points. But, counter with wins over Williamstown and Carroll.

They lost their opener to Grant on pretty much a last second shot, when the Lady Rebels couldn't buy a 3. Their other loss was AT Henry County, which is always a "different" place to play...especially for the younger kids.

BTW - I think Rhianna Gayheart could be the real deal by the time she reaches her Jr. and Sr. years. I've liked what I've seen from her as a freshman. Don't know if she'll reach Katie Smith status at OC...but you never know!

I think if everything goes right in the upcoming tournament, OC could play Gallatin in the finals (?) Should be an interesting matchup, as Carroll and Gallatin went OT earlier this week.