Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity's Tim Phillips receives offer.....

Featured Replies

Central Michigan has offered Senior running back Tim Phillips a football scholarship. I am very happy for this young man.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many more should follow. Congrats Tim.

Great all around kid. Heart of a Lion. Deserves all good things which come his way. Congrats -- I too hope there are many more to follow.:thumb:

Another KY kid who will be playing D-1 ball on Saturdays! Always a positive and it seems the state is starting to produce more and more players.Pound for pound the best football player in the state.

Many more should follow. Congrats Tim.

 

I agree there will be many more.

 

Congrats Tim!

Superman! Watch em all start lining up now. If Ohio State gets him to we need to buy some season tickets!

I spoke with Tim on friday at FCA camp about the offer and also how fast it was reported on here...he said "how did they get the info so fast?"

 

Great kid, loved talking with him and Jordan.

 

I also told them I wouldn't bother them with Bama stuff, "but if y'all have any questions you know how to find me". I told them "go with your heart and you will find true happiness".

I hope the local instate schools don't miss the boat on Tim. He'll be a machine in college, even if he is just my size.:lol: I'll love him even more after he quits running all over my Tigers. :thumb:

Central Michigan is a solid program, great tradition with more than its fair share of NFL players. How come the CMU coaches get it (that Tim is a terrific D1 talent and quality person/student) and the locals (UK, UL, etc.) don't? Same old story. I am so happy for Tim and can't wait to watch him play this season.

I agree there will be many more.

 

!

 

At this level or can he get offers from a higher level?

How come the CMU coaches get it (that Tim is a terrific D1 talent and quality person/student) and the locals (UK, UL, etc.) don't? Same old story. I am so happy for Tim and can't wait to watch him play this season.

 

Congrats to Phillips. The reason he will struggle to get more offers from D1 schools is his size. He is pretty much maxed out in terms of height, weight, speed, and strength. He is dominating at the HS level, but at the D1 level most everyone is 6 inches taller, 30 pounds heavier, and just as fast and strong as him. And no matter what anyone has ever said...size does matter.

I believe Tim's size is an advantage for him. He hides behind the OL and the next thing defenders see is Tim popping out without any time to react or adjust and then he's in the secondary and it becomes a footrace. In order to stop Tim you have to get to him in the backfield. Once he gets to one yard beyond the line of scrimmage, watch out.

Congrats to Phillips. The reason he will struggle to get more offers from D1 schools is his size. He is pretty much maxed out in terms of height, weight, speed, and strength. He is dominating at the HS level, but at the D1 level most everyone is 6 inches taller, 30 pounds heavier, and just as fast and strong as him. And no matter what anyone has ever said...size does matter.

 

What is his weight and height?

The MAC conference seems to get a lot of kids Tim's size.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.