Trinity's Tim Phillips receives offer.....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with Tim on friday at FCA camp about the offer and also how fast it was reported on here...he said "how did they get the info so fast?"

Great kid, loved talking with him and Jordan.

I also told them I wouldn't bother them with Bama stuff, "but if y'all have any questions you know how to find me". I told them "go with your heart and you will find true happiness".

Central Michigan is a solid program, great tradition with more than its fair share of NFL players. How come the CMU coaches get it (that Tim is a terrific D1 talent and quality person/student) and the locals (UK, UL, etc.) don't? Same old story. I am so happy for Tim and can't wait to watch him play this season.

How come the CMU coaches get it (that Tim is a terrific D1 talent and quality person/student) and the locals (UK, UL, etc.) don't? Same old story. I am so happy for Tim and can't wait to watch him play this season.

Congrats to Phillips. The reason he will struggle to get more offers from D1 schools is his size. He is pretty much maxed out in terms of height, weight, speed, and strength. He is dominating at the HS level, but at the D1 level most everyone is 6 inches taller, 30 pounds heavier, and just as fast and strong as him. And no matter what anyone has ever said...size does matter.

I believe Tim's size is an advantage for him. He hides behind the OL and the next thing defenders see is Tim popping out without any time to react or adjust and then he's in the secondary and it becomes a footrace. In order to stop Tim you have to get to him in the backfield. Once he gets to one yard beyond the line of scrimmage, watch out.

Congrats to Phillips. The reason he will struggle to get more offers from D1 schools is his size. He is pretty much maxed out in terms of height, weight, speed, and strength. He is dominating at the HS level, but at the D1 level most everyone is 6 inches taller, 30 pounds heavier, and just as fast and strong as him. And no matter what anyone has ever said...size does matter.

What is his weight and height?