G.Y.E.R.O.

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be headed to The Mayan Riviera July 31st:thumb:

How was the weather ? Unbearably hot ?

Not the heat gets you...just humidity in my opinion.

Weather was good.

Stormed overnight, once..one rainshower one day...rest were sunny to partly cloudy days with some overcast...absolutely no complaints.

Not the heat gets you...just humidity in my opinion.

Weather was good.

Stormed overnight, once..one rainshower one day...rest were sunny to partly cloudy days with some overcast...absolutely no complaints.

Surely you read some good books on vacation, right?

Surely you read some good books on vacation, right?

Nope....just magazines...

Took the book "Predictably Irrational" with me...never cracked the cover. Was referred to me, by a good friend.

Had Skyline today....

How many of you throw some hot sauce on the oyster crackers and wipe out the bowl before your food arrives?

The McDonald's in Bardstown is the single most nasty McD's I've ever been inside of in my entire life. Campground bathrooms are cleaner, they had flexi-straws out of the wrapper for straws, 4 managers (or at least folks with the blue shirts, 3 of which were outside smoking for our entire 40 minutes there) and I counted 15 employees. Took 10 minutes to have our order taken, with only one register open. And then they got the order totally wrong, twice. No tea, no ice cream. Absolutely sucked.

Got to listen to some funny stories from Maggard today about Matt Jones. If only I could share... :lol:

Maggard is cocky and overbearing at times. Jones is a jerk and gotten a little too big for his britches.

Both have kind of gone at each other recently.

Jones's blog is popular, Mags trying to catch on with his site, and recently going premium.

Mags does a good job of scouting and giving out recruiting info, but now foraging it for premy users. The site is solely a recruiting site and when the season rolls around the other boards don't stack up. He needs a football guy to help him take his sie to another level.

Mags has good contacts, which gives him good gossip.

Not sure what to make of him as a talent evaluator. Years ago, he was promoting Josh Carrier like he is doing Pilgrim...shot baskets with him in Bowling Green and so forth.

Pulled first veggies from garden tonight...a couple of summer squash and one zucchini. Sliced them with some sliced onion, mushrooms, s/p, garlic powder and lots of butter....BAM!

Cucumbers are starting to come in, with tomato plants, egg plant, green peppers and some banana peppers...subsistence farming at its best.