G.Y.E.R.O.

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is up with that? Why do people put the "s" on it? I can't figure it out.
That is a major running joke in our family. My parents have a habit of adding the "s" to the names of places like Wal-Mart. My brother always asks, "How many Wal-Marts ya going to?" :lol:

Man I hate off brand cotton swabs. They bend when you try to clean your ears. No substitute for the good old Q-tip.

This is so true. Right now, I am stuck with a box of generics because they happened to be cheaper. When will I learn my lesson that it's okay to splurge an extra dollar or so on the real deal?

That is a major running joke in our family. My parents have a habit of adding the "s" to the names of places like Wal-Mart. My brother always asks, "How many Wal-Marts ya going to?" :lol:

Same here. Must be a generation thing. My parents insist on putting an unnecessary "s" on most store names--K-Marts, Krogers, Wal-Marts.

I've always figured it was the posessive such as Wal-Mart's or K-Mart's. Sort of like saying "I'm going to Birdfan's house."

I once asked for directions in a city and the woman said go to the Wal-Marts and turn. I asked her if they had two Wal-Marts, she asked what I meant and I explained it to her. She was ticked at me, and I was serious. I had never heard anyone put the "s" on it before.

I once asked for directions in a city and the woman said go to the Wal-Marts and turn. I asked her if they had two Wal-Marts, she asked what I meant and I explained it to her. She was ticked at me, and I was serious. I had never heard anyone put the "s" on it before.

She may have simply been "shook up" by what you were driving. Good thing you didn't approach her with "Taps" playing in the background.:D

She may have simply been "shook up" by what you were driving. Good thing you didn't approach her with "Taps" playing in the background.:D

I wasn't working, but I did have to quit using "Another one bites the dust" as a ring tone. I got a complaint from a family member who had died. Truth.

I wasn't working, but I did have to quit using "Another one bites the dust" as a ring tone. I got a complaint from a family member who had died. Truth.

A dead member of your family complained about your ring tone? :lol: :p