G.Y.E.R.O.

letabrotherspeak

So last week, me and a few other people were in a conversation, something to do with sports. At this point, conversation had drifted to high school basketball and recruiting, etc. Someone said something and I corrected them. At this point a buddy of mine sarcastically says "Sorry man, we all don't sit around memorizing all good recruits names and everything else in our free time." Or something to that nature.

And then yesterday comes. With another group of people. Same guy is there. I said something like "Better get going, it looks like there is going to be a storm." This same guy that ridiculed me for knowing some random sports knowledge says "That storm isn't going to hit us. It's gonna hit west of here. Don't you ever watch the weather channel?"

:confused: Does anyone else see the irony?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand when people use was instead of were....

Two other things that that leaves me scratching my head, when people use "Ideal", instead of "Idea". Like when you say something and someone says, "That is a good ideal". It's not "Ideal", it's "Idea". And I sometimes hear people pronounce Chimney, like this, chimilley. There is not any "L's" in Chimney.

Two other things that that leaves me scratching my head, when people use "Ideal", instead of "Idea". Like when you say something and someone says, "That is a good ideal". It's not "Ideal", it's "Idea".

2 :thumb: :thumb:

Two other things that that leaves me scratching my head, when people use "Ideal", instead of "Idea". Like when you say something and someone says, "That is a good ideal". It's not "Ideal", it's "Idea". And I sometimes hear people pronounce Chimney, like this, chimilley. There is not any "L's" in Chimney.

A guy I work with (who has some country roots and is very educated, I must add) pronounces the word extra "extry"!!! Talk about a head scratcher. It cracks me up every time he says it.