Who is the Best H.S. Pitcher you've seen or better faced?

kyvince

Vic Klein???

You know as well as I do it was a lot more than that...

That was him. I couldn't remember is name for anything.

His senior year, it was the knee injury. His future, it was all the other stuff.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was him. I couldn't remember is name for anything.

I played some spring softball with Vic when he was 18. He almost killed a friend of mine after robbing a home run in left and cutting down the guy tagging at 3rd. Bounced off the fence and gave the football player no choice but to catch the rocket or take a laser to the middle of the chest... :lol:

Travis Foley, Butler, pitched the best high school game that I have seen against PRP in the district. To show how hard it is to make it to the majors, Foley had brief stints in AAA; but never made it to the MLB.

Doug Losey NC, by far for me. Some others during my days were Stamm, and Atkins from Newport. Molitor and the late Robbie Claypool from Lloyd. There were plenty more, those are just the ones that come to mind.

Wasnt that Dale Losey? I remember watching that little dude warm up once and he was throwing in the 80's. I think he played with Jacobs up at NCC in the mid 80's.

The late Daryl Ledbetter (74) from Ludlow was as impressive as any pitcher I've seen in NKY. I played a few years prior to him but my brother faced him a couple times every year and he said he was downright scary. I saw him pitch several times and when he was on he was virtually unhitable.

Really? I don't remember anyone from NKY ever getting a scholarship to Tennessee. The only schollies to SEC schools I recall are to UK.

:confused::confused:I'm with you Clyde. I umpired a number of years thru the 80s and early 90s and don't recall anyone from Ludlow ever being that good.

Does anyone remember the Pippen kid from O'Cath around 1986? Man that guy threw hard. He threw a 1 hitter against us. I had 1 AB, I tried to drag bunt and lined one back at him. May have been the hardest hit ball we had all day.