Alfonso Soriano

:cry: Knew something was going to happen at some point. But I think a corner outfielder was the 1 position the Cubs could take an injury to. Fontenot can play 2nd, Derosa can move out there, or Hoffpauir can do it, even Cedeno can play some outfield. We will be ok

It hurts, but it could be worse. I think Lou will bump Theriot into the lead-off position and put DeRosa in the two spot. Whoever we move to LF will probably be an upgrade defensively. It's still disappointing though, Fonso was really starting to hit the ball well and looked close to 100% on the base paths as well.

This is a huge blow! He has been right up there as one of the hottest players at the plate this past month. I'm not talking looks either!

Pujols/Soriano that's 2 big blows. I think Victor Martinez went down tonight too.

:cry: Knew something was going to happen at some point. But I think a corner outfielder was the 1 position the Cubs could take an injury to. Fontenot can play 2nd, Derosa can move out there, or Hoffpauir can do it, even Cedeno can play some outfield. We will be ok

It hurts, but it could be worse. I think Lou will bump Theriot into the lead-off position and put DeRosa in the two spot. Whoever we move to LF will probably be an upgrade defensively. It's still disappointing though, Fonso was really starting to hit the ball well and looked close to 100% on the base paths as well.

This one will hurt a bunch. The Cubs hot streak was in a large part sparked by Soriano. How he returns will largely decide the Cubs season. I think they've got enough to still win an extremely weak Central Division but if he doesn't come back at 100% I think their World Series aspirations are done--and with wrist injuries you never know, I'm just as apprehensive about Papi.

Tough break for the Cubs to have to deal with. I do believe that they can overcome it and probably will still win the division. I hope that he can recover fully. Anyone else think that someone on the Braves will get "plunked" when these two meet again?

I believe that I would if I were pitching for them. ;)

(just a thought but does anyone think this may be the start of the return of the "billy goat"?) . I personally don't but then again, we are talking about the Cubs.:lol:

This one will hurt a bunch. The Cubs hot streak was in a large part sparked by Soriano. How he returns will largely decide the Cubs season. I think they've got enough to still win an extremely weak Central Division but if he doesn't come back at 100% I think their World Series aspirations are done--and with wrist injuries you never know, I'm just as apprehensive about Papi.

After reading another poster's comments it seems it is more of a hand injury. While that will still have a pretty signifigant effect on his strength short-term since he'll be in a cast he should hopefully bounce back pretty quick.

I don't see how anyone can say the central is weak,the 2 best teams in the NL are in the Central

Are you serious? The Central is by far the best division in the NL. How is it EXTREMELYweak?

The Cubs will be ok. They managed just fine when he was on the DL earlier this year. As a few of you guys have said, the corner outfield spots are the deepest positions the Cubs have. I think they can put Reed Johnson in the leadoff spot and be ok.