Alfonso Soriano

This one will hurt a bunch. The Cubs hot streak was in a large part sparked by Soriano. How he returns will largely decide the Cubs season. I think they've got enough to still win an extremely weak Central Division but if he doesn't come back at 100% I think their World Series aspirations are done--and with wrist injuries you never know, I'm just as apprehensive about Papi.

Your way off on this one. The Cubs are extremely deep in the outfield, and will probably improve defensively out in LF with anyone they put out there. They'll miss his bat, but have more than enough power to pick up his slack. Like I said, it hurts, but it could be worse.

Funny you mention the NL Central being extremely weak, yet they have more teams over .500 than any other division in baseball.

Your way off on this one. The Cubs are extremely deep in the outfield, and will probably improve defensively out in LF with anyone they put out there. They'll miss his bat, but have more than enough power to pick up his slack. Like I said, it hurts, but it could be worse.

Funny you mention the NL Central being extremely weak, yet they have more teams over .500 than any other division in baseball.

OK we all jumped on averagejoe :D I think that the Central was weak for a couple of years, so this year is like a misnomer that it's still weak

Poor AJG, you would think he said something about the SEC!

:lol::lol:

No problem. The Central is stronger than the last couple of years but outside Cubs I just don't see the Cards keeping up their pace or the Brewers make a serious run. With the unbalanced schedule those 3 teams will end up looking a little bit better than they are because they will get to beat up on the Reds, Pirates and Astros so often. As for having the most teams over .500 that's a little convenient. If you make it .500 or better the AL East coming into tonight had ALL of their teams at that level or better.

:lol::lol:

No problem. The Central is stronger than the last couple of years but outside Cubs I just don't see the Cards keeping up their pace or the Brewers make a serious run. With the unbalanced schedule those 3 teams will end up looking a little bit better than they are because they will get to beat up on the Reds, Pirates and Astros so often. As for having the most teams over .500 that's a little convenient. If you make it .500 or better the AL East coming into tonight had ALL of their teams at that level or better.

That's the AL:D

Even though the Reds are below .500, they are a VERY good team. Mark it down, the Reds will be in the World Series in 2010