Trouble Sleeping...

halfback20

Ambien CR seems to be a very popular choice for insomnia at the pharmacy which I work at. Usually you can get your doctor to prescribe it for 7 days and they usually have a coupon to get those 7 pills free, it can be pretty expensive otherwise. Also the plain Ambien now has a generic, zolpidem, which isn't too expensive.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to have this problem until I started getting up at 5 am to go work out. Now I go to bed about 10, watch TV for about 10 mins and I am out. Before I could go to bed at 10 and it would take me at least and hour to go to sleep. My biggest problem was I couldn't quit thinking about stupid stuff. My mind would race thinking about things I had to do the next day or that I did that day or just off the wall crap.

I dont know how old you are, but sleeping problems get worse in your forties.

Try a Tylenol p.m. or plain benedryl (25-50mg). Dont take Tylenol if you have been drinking.

I take 50mg of benadryl and 1 mg of melatonin each night and I sleep like a baby:sleep:. 1 mg of melatonin is a real low dose. When I take 3 mg of melatonin.....I have very vivid dreams, kind of freaky so I stick with 1 mg.

The benadryl helps with allergies too.

BF

I take 50mg of benadryl and 1 mg of melatonin each night and I sleep like a baby:sleep:. 1 mg of melatonin is a real low dose. When I take 3 mg of melatonin.....I have very vivid dreams, kind of freaky so I stick with 1 mg.

The benadryl helps with allergies too.

BF

What is melatonin and where can you get it?

What is melatonin and where can you get it?

Any health food store will have it, I buy mine at Sprouts which is a (health food)grocery store near where I live. Melatonin is about 8 bucks for two months supply. You have to play with the dosage to see what works for you. 3-5 mg is the typical dose but that is too heavy for me. I use 1mg tablet and they are kind of hard to find. Take it before you go to bed, lots of health benefits. See below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin