Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chad Jackson at Scott County?

Featured Replies

HMMMM I sense a plot to win a state title. We all know they can't do it with their own kids.:eek:

 

You would think they could with the 3 Feeder Middle schools they have in that County. I think it is awful fishy that Jackson is leaving RH the same time Euton does. I know Euton had a legitimate reason with the job loss of his father but I'm hardly sold on Jackson's reason for leaving other than he wants to continue to play ball with Dakotah.

  • Replies 201
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think they could with the 3 Feeder Middle schools they have in that County. I think it is awful fishy that Jackson is leaving RH the same time Euton does. I know Euton had a legitimate reason with the job loss of his father but I'm hardly sold on Jackson's reason for leaving other than he wants to continue to play ball with Dakotah.

 

Agree.

While I understand and fully agree with rules against “recruiting” by schools and coaches, I’m totally at a loss to understand how any family willing to pull up stakes and move their entire household into a new district should not have their kids ruled eligible immediately… regardless of their personal reasons for moving.

 

Why should it matter?

I don't disagree at all, unless it can be shown that there was some "undue influence" involved in the move.
I don't disagree at all, unless it can be shown that there was some "undue influence" involved in the move.
I couldn't agree more. :thumb:

 

FWIW, I am confident that the KHSAA can dig as deeply as they may choose on this one... they will find no "undue influence" involved in this move.

 

While we're having this little "Kumbaya" fest, let me ask your opinion on why a star science student can transfer from one school to another with no explanation, no loss of eligibility and no need for a change of address? Are there any rules or organizations that would prohibit an administrator or science teacher from actively “recruiting” gifted science students?

 

The same would be true of gifted saxophone players, or gifted cheerleaders, or gifted artists, or gifted writers, or gifted math students, or, or, or… why is it only gifted athletes who are scrutinized and governed so thoroughly… right down to their perceived motives?

I couldn't agree more. :thumb:

 

FWIW, I am confident that the KHSAA can dig as deeply as they may choose on this one... they will find no "undue influence" involved in this move.

 

While we're having this little "Kumbaya" fest, let me ask your opinion on why a star science student can transfer from one school to another with no explanation, no loss of eligibility and no need for a change of address? Are there any rules or organizations that would prohibit an administrator or science teacher from actively “recruiting” gifted science students?

 

The same would be true of gifted saxophone players, or gifted cheerleaders, or gifted artists, or gifted writers, or gifted math students, or, or, or… why is it only gifted athletes who are scrutinized and governed so thoroughly… right down to their perceived motives?

Because the KHSAA has rules on such things, and the rules exist because there have been improprieties in the past when it comes to schools luring star athletes away from other schools.
I couldn't agree more. :thumb:

 

FWIW, I am confident that the KHSAA can dig as deeply as they may choose on this one... they will find no "undue influence" involved in this move.

 

While we're having this little "Kumbaya" fest, let me ask your opinion on why a star science student can transfer from one school to another with no explanation, no loss of eligibility and no need for a change of address? Are there any rules or organizations that would prohibit an administrator or science teacher from actively “recruiting” gifted science students?

 

The same would be true of gifted saxophone players, or gifted cheerleaders, or gifted artists, or gifted writers, or gifted math students, or, or, or… why is it only gifted athletes who are scrutinized and governed so thoroughly… right down to their perceived motives?

 

Your question is a good one...but bad basketball players must be granted an exception as well as gifted ones to waive the 1-year rule. I would interpret this to mean that there are (at times) different influences involved in a sports transfer than in most of the others.

They are great kids, basketball players, friends, leaders, but most of all faithful Christians. Scott County is blessed to be getting these families.

Also at the risk of sounding sappy or weird, I will say, I put you and Mrs. Fastbreak in the same category.

In Matthew, Jesus teaches us the parable of the good and bad trees (and fruit), in this context we are like the trees.

 

Matthew 7:17-19

“Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.”

 

Matthew 12:33 NIV

"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.”

 

Clearly we are to be like the good trees that bear good fruit. To bear good fruit, a good tree needs plenty of water and sunshine. To this end, we are assured, in Psalms: Psalms 104:16 “The trees of the LORD are full of sap;”

 

As far as being “weird” the thesaurus offers “peculiar” as an alternative to “weird” to which I offer you this little gem: 1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:"

 

In this context, I’d have to conclude that being “sappy” and “weird” (peculiar) are very good things indeed. I can assure you that Mrs. Fastbreak and I feel the same about you, Mrs. Jed, Jethro and Junior. :thumb:

I fully support all measures to prevent and punish actual “recruiting” practices by schools and coaches, but to restrict the voluntary and self-induced movement of parents and kids into better situations, or out of bad situations for any reason they deem necessary is extremely hypocritical and un-American IMO.

 

Very few kids can dunk a basketball or throw a 90 mph fastball or toss 50 yard passes with accuracy. Any parent of a gifted athlete who says they do not consider the potential benefits of a school’s athletic program when they move into a new school district is either a liar or an honest idiot.

 

Any state with rules allowing transfers for every reason other than athletic concerns is out of touch with reality… and I would have to think is a potential target for an unfair discrimination lawsuit by a “gifted” attorney.

 

Anyone who says that a kid should not be allowed immediate eligibility following a complete family move probably doesn't have a kid capable of earning a starting spot.

 

Police and punish actual recruitment. Do not punish kids for circumstances they cannot control.

That's one way to get to play in the State Tournament.

All of this talk about not having control over the situation. Euton I can understand. But once again I throw out the question that anyone has yet to answer...what is Jackson's reason for move? His parents didn't lose a job, so what are the motives to all of a sudden move? Do you think if Euton didn't move Jackson would? I rest my case.

All of this talk about not having control over the situation. Euton I can understand. But once again I throw out the question that anyone has yet to answer...what is Jackson's reason for move? His parents didn't lose a job, so what are the motives to all of a sudden move? Do you think if Euton didn't move Jackson would? I rest my case.

Rest if you want, but your case is weak.

 

Why should it matter why Jackson moves if there is no possible recruiting involved by Scott County?

SO did Jacksons mother work at Toyota?

SO did Jacksons mother work at Toyota?
Yes.
I personally dont think that Scott Co has recruited them....

Do you know a soul at Scott Co.?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.