Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chad Jackson at Scott County?

Featured Replies

3 of the top players in the state all transfer to Scott County in less than a year. Hmmmmm?

 

HMMMM I sense a plot to win a state title. We all know they can't do it with their own kids.:eek:

  • Replies 201
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So ... if the Jackson family is from central Kentucky, then why have they been in Ashland for the last two years?

 

The plot thickens ... ;)

 

The simple truth is, it is none of your business. This is a matter between the Jackson family and the KHSAA. This transfer will be closely scrutinized by the KHSAA. When he is found eligible, then we will all be sure the move is legitimate.

Chad’s mother doesn’t feel the need to explain herself on a message board or the to newspapers.

The simple truth is, it is none of your business. This is a matter between the Jackson family and the KHSAA. This transfer will be closely scrutinized by the KHSAA. When he is found eligible, then we will all be sure the move is legitimate.

Chad’s mother doesn’t feel the need to explain herself on a message board or the to newspapers.

No one said she has to explain herself, but there's nothing wrong with fans being curious about the situation.

 

Bottom line ... when you're a star basketball player, moves such as this are going to be scrutinized. It comes with the territory.

No one said she has to explain herself, but there's nothing wrong with fans being curious about the situation.

 

Bottom line ... when you're a star basketball player, moves such as this are going to be scrutinized. It comes with the territory.

 

Well said, I totally agree. :thumb:

While I understand and fully agree with rules against “recruiting” by schools and coaches, I’m totally at a loss to understand how any family willing to pull up stakes and move their entire household into a new district should not have their kids ruled eligible immediately… regardless of their personal reasons for moving.

 

Why should it matter?

Chad Jackson 6'4 -PG Junior

Gelawn Guyn 6'2- SG Junior

Tamron Manning 6'1 - SF Freshman

Dakota Euton 6'7 - PF Junior

Richie Phares 6'7- C Senior

 

I believe this could be the best starting five that Scott County has ever had, including the state championship teams. All five of these kids have a chance to play division 1 basketball .

 

This line-up, although very good, could be a little different before all is said and done. More help could be on the way - not like they would need it or anything. :lol:

What now another new player? Scott County Avg 160 tranfers to the High School every year. Alot of family move into the county!

  • Author
Tamron Manning 6'3 1/2 not 6'1 just wanted to help?

What about Ford? I think he will be a starter over Manning!

 

Scott Co. website lists him as that on their roster. I thought he was bigger than that.

  • Author
I'm wondering the same thing. The move is obviously for athletic reasons and anyone thinks otherwise they're sadly mistaken. I could understand if he went to a different school but it's pretty obvious he's following Euton.

 

 

I have seen in other posts your displeasure in Scott County getting transfers.

I just want to know if you would have made this big a fuss if Euton and Jackson had transfered to Lexington Christian or Catholic. Scott County has gotten several transfers in the last two years, however before that the last one to my best memory was Scott Hundley. Schools get transfers every year, why are you so mad at Scott Co.

I just want to know if you would have made this big a fuss if Euton and Jackson had transfered to Lexington Christian or Catholic.
I suspect a lot of people would have made just as big a fuss had it been anywhere else. It isn't every day that you see two surefire Division I players transfer as a package deal ...
I suspect a lot of people would have made just as big a fuss had it been anywhere else. It isn't every day that you see two surefire Division I players transfer as a package deal ...

 

 

 

Very good points.:thumb:

During this whole process I have found it interesting just how much people think they know and how little they actually do know.

 

Chad Jackson has been at Rose Hill for 4 years not 2. I could list 20 things that have been posted about the Eutons, Jackson, and Rose Hill that are not true.

Tamron Manning 6'3 1/2 not 6'1 just wanted to help?

What about Ford? I think he will be a starter over Manning!

 

Ford will start over Manning.

I’ll post a few things I know to be absolutely true:

 

Chad Jackson and Dakotah Euton are two of the finest young men it is my privilege to know.

 

They are both bright, articulate and gifted well beyond any abilities they will ever display with a basketball in their hands. While I sincerely believe they both have the potential to do amazing things on the basketball court for years to come, I also believe they are going to be successful in virtually anything they choose to do.

 

Chad was elected President of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes at Rose Hill for the 2007-2008 school year, by 90 of his classmates in grades 7-12. This is far more than a mere popularity contest. The kids elected are those believed to sincerely represent the values and virtues of the school and FCA. (These kids do not vote for punks or jerks.) Dakotah was nominated to be vice-president and fell by only four votes, to senior teammate Tony Arthur. Freshman teammate Robbie Barber was elected Secretary of the group.

 

Chad, Dakotah, Robbie, Tony, other teammates Alex Malloy, Johnny Bush, Ethan Parsons, Ryan Whetsel and a couple dozen other classmates regularly visit the residents of the Kingsbrook Lifecare Center near Ashland with their academic enrichment teacher Tammi Barber. Kingsbrook is a residential long-term care facility for senior citizens and others requiring attended health care. I have many photos of these kids interacting with the residents, laughing, hugging and just being there to let some fine older folks know they are loved and appreciated. As a result, each of these boys have a few 80+ year-old girlfriends… and more than a few true "senior" fans. :lol:

 

I also know that when they learn when one of their senior friends passes away, they genuinely grieve the loss of a dear friend.

 

I don't know what folks might consider average these days, but these boys are far above average in my book. I would adopt any one of them as my own son without hesitation. (I might have to take a second job to feed them, but they would be a welcome addition. :lol: )

 

Rose Hill is unique in that all grades, preschool through 12th grade, intermingle throughout the day, sharing the same chapel, lunchroom, gymnasium and other common facilities. I’ve watched these young men interact with younger kids laughing, shooting around, giving them high fives, hugs and even autographs. I've never known them to be too cool or too important to be courteous to the young kids who look up to them.

 

While I have no doubt that Rose Hill will roll on, I am also certain that the school will miss these young men and their families far more than anyone may ever know or care to admit.

 

I know I speak for everyone who knows them when I say, “We wish Chad, Dakotah (and really all the young men named) nothing but the best. They are top drawer in every way, and will be a blessing to those around them wherever they go the rest of their lives. God bless you boys.” :thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.