Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chad Jackson at Scott County?

Featured Replies

From what I understand Chad and Dakota are best friends almost like brothers so it doesn't seem so strange to me for a kid to want to go with his best friend. If the family is capable of just packing up and moving then that is what they should do. I don't think there is anything in the rules that says you can't follow your friend to another school as long as your family moves into that school district. Good luck to both of these young men.

  • Replies 201
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fastbreak, you again hit the nail on the head. I would add, I have personally experienced the love and care these kids along with the rest of the student body at Rose Hill have for each other and their extended families. I will always cheer these kids even if they never again pick up a basketball.

They are great kids, basketball players, friends, leaders, but most of all faithful Christians. Scott County is blessed to be getting these families.

Also at the risk of sounding sappy or weird, I will say, I put you and Mrs. Fastbreak in the same category.

I have seen in other posts your displeasure in Scott County getting transfers.

I just want to know if you would have made this big a fuss if Euton and Jackson had transfered to Lexington Christian or Catholic. Scott County has gotten several transfers in the last two years, however before that the last one to my best memory was Scott Hundley. Schools get transfers every year, why are you so mad at Scott Co.

 

It's not like I'm the only one saying something about the transfers. And I never once said I was mad at Scott Co but thanks for trying to call me out and assume things. My feelings are that if a kid is going to transfer it needs to be looked at by the khsaa. Seriously what is the reason for Jackson's move? Answer that and I'll be glad to let this rest. Bottom line is this, the kid is transferring because of Euton which would indeed make this an athletic move. Like it or not, all signs point to that.

 

I suspect a lot of people would have made just as big a fuss had it been anywhere else. It isn't every day that you see two surefire Division I players transfer as a package deal ...

 

:thumb:

I suspect a lot of people would have made just as big a fuss had it been anywhere else. It isn't every day that you see two surefire Division I players transfer as a package deal ...

 

I think they could have transferred anywhere in the area BUT Scott County, Lex. Cath or LCA, and it wouldn't have merited more than announcement.

The simple truth is, it is none of your business. This is a matter between the Jackson family and the KHSAA. This transfer will be closely scrutinized by the KHSAA. When he is found eligible, then we will all be sure the move is legitimate.

Chad’s mother doesn’t feel the need to explain herself on a message board or the to newspapers.

 

It's a message board, and as long as none of the rules are broken they can discuss it as long as they want. Looks like the defection of 2 players and a coach has gottten the RH faithful a little edgy.

I think they could have transferred anywhere in the area BUT Scott County, Lex. Cath or LCA, and it wouldn't have merited more than announcement.

 

Why can they not go to Scott County or Lex. Cath or LCA? Rose Hill is ok with the tranfer! Why are you not ok with the tranfer?

Why can they not go to Scott County or Lex. Cath or LCA? Rose Hill is ok with the tranfer! Why are you not ok with the tranfer?

 

 

I am perfectly fine with the transfer. Why would you read that I am not? I am simply replying to another post. These transfers would not get as many posts if they were transferred to another public school that hasn't recently won the state title.

 

The only part of my statement I would re-think is that it would get a lot of play because it happens to be two high profile players.

 

Just to add further...if I were moving to the Lexington area, and my child was a "name the sport", I would ensure that I put them in a situation where I felt the child could best succeed. Why would the Euton's or the Jackson's be expected to do anything different?

It's a message board, and as long as none of the rules are broken they can discuss it as long as they want. Looks like the defection of 2 players and a coach has gottten the RH faithful a little edgy.

 

I'm as faithful as there is toward Rose Hill and I'm not the least bit edgy. I wish everyone the best and look forward to the future.

I am perfectly fine with the transfer. Why would you read that I am not? I am simply replying to another post. These transfers would not get as many posts if they were transferred to another public school that hasn't recently won the state title.

 

The only part of my statement I would re-think is that it would get a lot of play because it happens to be two high profile players.

 

Just to add further...if I were moving to the Lexington area, and my child was a "name the sport", I would ensure that I put them in a situation where I felt the child could best succeed. Why would the Euton's or the Jackson's be expected to do anything different?

 

:thumb: I agree wholeheartedly. You would not be much of a parent if you didn't.

It's a message board, and as long as none of the rules are broken they can discuss it as long as they want. Looks like the defection of 2 players and a coach has gottten the RH faithful a little edgy.

 

Look at my post, I didn't say they couldn't or shouldn't discuss it, I only said it wasn't their business.

As to being edgy, I don't think so. Believe it or not this isn't the worst thing that has ever happened in my life, it isn't even the worst thing that has ever happened at Rose Hill. The "RH faithful" are enthusiastic about the future.

Look at my post, I didn't say they couldn't or shouldn't discuss it, I only said it wasn't their business.

As to being edgy, I don't think so. Believe it or not this isn't the worst thing that has ever happened in my life, it isn't even the worst thing that has ever happened at Rose Hill. The "RH faithful" are enthusiastic about the future.

 

Point being, it's a public forum. It's everybody's business b/c they pay to post opinions/ speculation/insight here. Maybe edgy was the wrong word...how about apprehensive b/c nobody ever stays at RH.

Point being, it's a public forum. It's everybody's business b/c they pay to post opinions/ speculation/insight here. Maybe edgy was the wrong word...how about apprehensive b/c nobody ever stays at RH.

 

Wrong. Several people have stayed at Rose Hill. Add this to the list of statements that are untrue.

Again, speculate, give your opinion, spread unsubstantiated rumor. I don't care. I am just saying the Jackson family doesn't you or any other poster an explanation.

I’ll post a few things I know to be absolutely true:

 

Chad Jackson and Dakotah Euton are two of the finest young men it is my privilege to know.

 

They are both bright, articulate and gifted well beyond any abilities they will ever display with a basketball in their hands. While I sincerely believe they both have the potential to do amazing things on the basketball court for years to come, I also believe they are going to be successful in virtually anything they choose to do.

 

Chad was elected President of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes at Rose Hill for the 2007-2008 school year, by 90 of his classmates in grades 7-12. This is far more than a mere popularity contest. The kids elected are those believed to sincerely represent the values and virtues of the school and FCA. (These kids do not vote for punks or jerks.) Dakotah was nominated to be vice-president and fell by only four votes, to senior teammate Tony Arthur. Freshman teammate Robbie Barber was elected Secretary of the group.

 

Chad, Dakotah, Robbie, Tony, other teammates Alex Malloy, Johnny Bush, Ethan Parsons, Ryan Whetsel and a couple dozen other classmates regularly visit the residents of the Kingsbrook Lifecare Center near Ashland with their academic enrichment teacher Tammi Barber. Kingsbrook is a residential long-term care facility for senior citizens and others requiring attended health care. I have many photos of these kids interacting with the residents, laughing, hugging and just being there to let some fine older folks know they are loved and appreciated. As a result, each of these boys have a few 80+ year-old girlfriends… and more than a few true "senior" fans. :lol:

 

I also know that when they learn when one of their senior friends passes away, they genuinely grieve the loss of a dear friend.

 

I don't know what folks might consider average these days, but these boys are far above average in my book. I would adopt any one of them as my own son without hesitation. (I might have to take a second job to feed them, but they would be a welcome addition. :lol: )

 

Rose Hill is unique in that all grades, preschool through 12th grade, intermingle throughout the day, sharing the same chapel, lunchroom, gymnasium and other common facilities. I’ve watched these young men interact with younger kids laughing, shooting around, giving them high fives, hugs and even autographs. I've never known them to be too cool or too important to be courteous to the young kids who look up to them.

 

While I have no doubt that Rose Hill will roll on, I am also certain that the school will miss these young men and their families far more than anyone may ever know or care to admit.

 

I know I speak for everyone who knows them when I say, “We wish Chad, Dakotah (and really all the young men named) nothing but the best. They are top drawer in every way, and will be a blessing to those around them wherever they go the rest of their lives. God bless you boys.” :thumb:

 

As a Scott County supporter I thank you for your insight on these young men. I hope to get to know them and there family's this next coming year. It shure is good to know we are getting such fine young men in the program. And I hope the best for the Rose Hill family.:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.