Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats Play Sat. At Noon

Featured Replies

Well, since I took 2 personal days from work, paid $3.539 per gallon for gas, hotel room, Breeze pass, and over $200 for tickets and never even saw my team at all, I think they owe me a lot of money.:mad:

 

I can't imagine how mad everyone in Atlanta is...especially the UK fans that won't get to see their team play one game.

 

It's a terrible situation for fans that spent a lot of money and time to attend this tournament and they are going to wake up this morning to find out they won't be allowed in the gym to watch the Cats...I don't know what you do but it sure isn't right.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moving from a dome that seats 26,000 to a craker box that seats 9,000............should be interesting for the fans, lets hope that we can get 9,000 U.K. fans in the place.. :lol:

What a disastrous situation. Ironic that the fans are known for pouring into town for the UK games will not see them play one single time. As has been said, they won't be able to adequately compensate for lost time, hotels, food, etc. that has been spent, and I wonder how they'll handle the tickets.

I can't imagine how mad everyone in Atlanta is...especially the UK fans that won't get to see their team play one game.

 

It's a terrible situation for fans that spent a lot of money and time to attend this tournament and they are going to wake up this morning to find out they won't be allowed in the gym to watch the Cats...I don't know what you do but it sure isn't right.

 

Put it this way... I am highly, highly, highly upset... and I live in Atlanta. I feel bad for the people who have been planning for this all year and brought their whole family, even worse if some of those people stayed in the Omni Hotel and had their hotel room taken from them as well.

 

BUT, basketball truly takes a backseat when you see what it's like and the struggles certain people must be undergoing. I will accept the fact I have to watch it on TV and be thankful that last night turned out like it did, and not catastrophe.

Moving from a dome that seats 26,000 to a craker box that seats 9,000............should be interesting for the fans, lets hope that we can get 9,000 U.K. fans in the place.. :lol:

 

I'm guessing about 50 UK fans, tops.

Put it this way... I am highly, highly, highly upset... and I live in Atlanta. I feel bad for the people who have been planning for this all year and brought their whole family, even worse if some of those people stayed in the Omni Hotel and had their hotel room taken from them as well.

 

BUT, basketball truly takes a backseat when you see what it's like and the struggles certain people must be undergoing. I will accept the fact I have to watch it on TV and be thankful that last night turned out like it did, and not catastrophe.

 

I agree EKU..I know I would be very mad but atleast everyone is coming home in one piece...From looking at the damage on CNN this morning, it's a miracle there weren't more injuries.

It is rumored that Georgia and several of the other SEC school officials are considering a formal complaint against the unfair advantage UK will have today in number of fans attending the game at Georgia Tech. They claim that when it was announced that only players, coaches, media, ect are being allowed in that they failed to take into account that everyone from Kentucky is kin.

It is rumored that Georgia and several of the other SEC school officials are considering a formal complaint against the unfair advantage UK will have today in number of fans attending the game at Georgia Tech. They claim that when it was announced that only players, coaches, media, ect are being allowed in that they failed to take into account that everyone from Kentucky is kin.

 

I bet everyone that has wasted hundreds of their hard-earned dollars really loves your stand up routine.:madman:

UK fans had 90% of the tickets at the Georgia Dome anyways. I don't care if this was Duke and North Carolina playinig - it isn't fair to the fans to take off work and spend hundreds of dollars for nothing.

 

I'm not picking on you individually, Wireman, so please don't take this personally. However, it isn't fair that a tornado hit downtown Atlanta. It isn't fair that people lost property in the storm. Nothing about life is fair nor was fairness in life ever promised by anyone. I suspect that all of the coaches left in this tournament are telling the players the same thing right about now. If they are not, then their team is likely to be unhappy at the end of the day. We fans need to put everything into perspective and realize that sports are just entertainment. We should be thanking the Good Lord that no one was seriously injured in the weather event last evening instead of worrying about whether it is fair that fans "chose" to take off work; spend money for the entertainment of watching their favorite team in a "GAME"; then see their plans shattered by an Act of God.

It is rumored that Georgia and several of the other SEC school officials are considering a formal complaint against the unfair advantage UK will have today in number of fans attending the game at Georgia Tech. They claim that when it was announced that only players, coaches, media, ect are being allowed in that they failed to take into account that everyone from Kentucky is kin.

 

While Wireman didn't enjoy it, I did chuckle.

What really hurt CATS is Dogs were able to get another day rest for the game today. This could be a factor in the game.

:scared: Never heard of a situtation where the fans wern't allowed to attend.

 

It happened a few years ago in a conference tourney in the northeast. Some sort of airborne illness caused the tourney directors to keep fans out of the gym.

I'm not picking on you individually, Wireman, so please don't take this personally. However, it isn't fair that a tornado hit downtown Atlanta. It isn't fair that people lost property in the storm. Nothing about life is fair nor was fairness in life ever promised by anyone. I suspect that all of the coaches left in this tournament are telling the players the same thing right about now. If they are not, then their team is likely to be unhappy at the end of the day. We fans need to put everything into perspective and realize that sports are just entertainment. We should be thanking the Good Lord that no one was seriously injured in the weather event last evening instead of worrying about whether it is fair that fans "chose" to take off work; spend money for the entertainment of watching their favorite team in a "GAME"; then see their plans shattered by an Act of God.

 

While I agree that this was an Act of God and there isn't really alot that can be done to combat that - I still think I would be pretty disappointed if someone took five one-hundred dollar bills out of my wallet and set them on fire. One thing the fans should be thankful for though is that they were inside the Georgia Dome. It could have been alot worse on the outside.

UK fans had 90% of the tickets at the Georgia Dome anyways. I don't care if this was Duke and North Carolina playinig - it isn't fair to the fans to take off work and spend hundreds of dollars for nothing.

 

Not that I disagree, but mother nature(god) seemed to last night...:walk:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.