Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats Play Sat. At Noon

Featured Replies

What really hurt CATS is Dogs were able to get another day rest for the game today. This could be a factor in the game.

 

The power numbers are suggesting that UK should win by about 7 points or so. I think it was 8 points last night.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a disastrous situation. Ironic that the fans are known for pouring into town for the UK games will not see them play one single time. As has been said, they won't be able to adequately compensate for lost time, hotels, food, etc. that has been spent, and I wonder how they'll handle the tickets.

 

You got that right ! Why could they not delay the draw for one or two days and give these teams an equal chance to play ? This is a completly unfair disadvantage !!:fight::fight:

Not that I disagree, but mother nature(god) seemed to last night...:walk:

 

Yeah, there's not a whole lot you can do about it when God decides to interfere with the tournament.

While I agree that this was an Act of God and there isn't really alot that can be done to combat that - I still think I would be pretty disappointed if someone took five one-hundred dollar bills out of my wallet and set them on fire. One thing the fans should be thankful for though is that they were inside the Georgia Dome. It could have been alot worse on the outside.

 

Ha lol I told my dad last night, if I was a bar owner in Atlanta I'd be stoked, cover charges for everyone of about 15 bucks, and 2 dollar beers, just watch that money roll in.

Ha lol I told my dad last night, if I was a bar owner in Atlanta I'd be stoked, cover charges for everyone of about 15 bucks, and 2 dollar beers, just watch that money roll in.

 

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/16703526.html

 

ATLANTA, GA. -- 27 SportsFirst in Atlanta is reporting that many hotels and sports bars in Atlanta are scrambling to carrying the UK- Ga. game for fans who traveled to Atlanta but will not be able to attend in person because of limited seating. The game is to be played at noon, E.D.T.

 

SEC officials decided early today to move the tournament to Georgia Tech's Alexander Memorial Coliseum with a seating capacity of 9,100. The Georgia Dome, stormed damaged last night, has a basketball capacity of 26,000.

 

:thumb:

This is bad for UK if they win, the play tonight then would have to turn around and play tomorow if they win.

Act of God or whatever , they could delay the draw to give these teams an equal chance to play, with fans there ! Just because the dome has a problem they don't have to panic and do something like this. TOTALLY ABSURD !:rolleyes:

Unless they plan on refunding everyone's tickets, they ought to fill the 9000 seats at GT first come first served.

 

I would imagine if they done this it would be more chaotic than it was last night. Tons, and tons of fans showing up, only a little over 9,100 getting in, and the rest of the fans are in a frenzy.

It happened a few years ago in a conference tourney in the northeast. Some sort of airborne illness caused the tourney directors to keep fans out of the gym.

 

Chicken Pox

So did they ever say how bad the Georgia Dome was damaged?

So did they ever say how bad the Georgia Dome was damaged?

 

I'm not sure you'll find out just how badly it was damaged, and if we do it will be a little while.

Put it this way... I am highly, highly, highly upset... and I live in Atlanta. I feel bad for the people who have been planning for this all year and brought their whole family, even worse if some of those people stayed in the Omni Hotel and had their hotel room taken from them as well.

 

BUT, basketball truly takes a backseat when you see what it's like and the struggles certain people must be undergoing. I will accept the fact I have to watch it on TV and be thankful that last night turned out like it did, and not catastrophe.

 

This is the most senseable post I think I have heard. We are lucky alot of people did not get hurt bad, and if the place is not safe then they should not be in there. If something bad happened then everyone would be upset then.

It is rumored that Georgia and several of the other SEC school officials are considering a formal complaint against the unfair advantage UK will have today in number of fans attending the game at Georgia Tech. They claim that when it was announced that only players, coaches, media, ect are being allowed in that they failed to take into account that everyone from Kentucky is kin.

 

Bravo!

One thing that worries me is injuries, that is a lot of min. for players who ever makes it through today and tom.

To recap what Mitch Barnhart said on the UK pregame show:

 

He and his son were sitting on press row when a bolt or something fell and missed his son by about a foot

 

The NCAA pretty much told the SEC that since you already have a process in place for determining the automatic qualifier, you must play the tournament by 6pm Sunday or lose the automatic qualifier

 

Georgia Tech (an original SEC member) has gone out of their way to accomodate the SEC and have even personalized their court some.

 

Raycom will carry today's games on TV

 

There was some surprise that the Alabama/Miss St game was allowed to continue after the storm rolled through

 

And maybe the best piece of persepctive -- Barnhart said 'how fortunate was it that Alabama hit the shot and sent the game to overtime'? If the game ends in regulation, you have thousands of fans wandering the streets when the tornado rolled through Atlanta.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.