March 15, 200818 yr I have to wonder about something. Is there no plan in place for this thing (tourney) if something happens (power outage, etc.) already? As we have found out, NO THERE IS NOT! Poor planning by the SEC. On a side note, how much more can happen to this UK team? Even the elements seem to be out to give them problems now!!!! What would your plan be? I don't see what they could have done.
March 15, 200818 yr I think if Kentucky wins the first game, and loses the second, the NCAA committee might take the events of the last 24 hours into strong consideration. I think this all (ultimately) works in the Cats favor. But they have to beat Georgia. They are already in whether they beat UGA or not.
March 15, 200818 yr What would your plan be? I don't see what they could have done. They could say "the ticket window opens at 10:00 AM. First come, first serve"
March 15, 200818 yr I have no idea what my plan would be. I am also not part of the SEC thinktank. I do know that I would have put together some kind of alternate plan ahead of time in case of unforseen problems and would not have spent hours trying to figure out how to finish it (with sunday hanging over my head) friday night/sat. morning. I am saying that there should have been a back up plan before the thing started, as there should always be. IF it was you or your business with this kind of money at stake, don't you think you would at least say "What if something happens and we can't finish here? How can we keep some of these people happy and finish this project by the deadline?" Something will be in place from now on I would say. (And I like the tickets at the window idea. Much better than a gym one quarter full of cheerleaders, cameramen and stuffed suits with their "priveleged" families.)
March 15, 200818 yr Just when you think you have seen it all, just wow, that's all I can think of to say, just wow.
March 15, 200818 yr They have to at least sell tickets at the doors and allow fans an opportunity to get into the game. This is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard of. Says Who? fraid they don't and won't but if they did then somehow UK fans would manage to get 90% of them
March 15, 200818 yr Well, all I can say is that every local BWW, Hooters, and every other sports bar will make BANK today, and be overrun by angry CATS fans! :ylsuper:
March 15, 200818 yr They could say "the ticket window opens at 10:00 AM. First come, first serve" Better have good security if you do that.
March 15, 200818 yr I'm sure the tournament committee didn't sit around and think "We need a backup plan in case a tornado lands on our building during a game." Nor do I blame them for not thinking that.
March 15, 200818 yr Better have good security if you do that. I assume they have the security crew that was working last night's game.
March 15, 200818 yr From another thread. http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dawson/blog.html No fans will be allowed inside. Alot of very mad fans. How much money will this cost the SEC??? Well, since I took 2 personal days from work, paid $3.539 per gallon for gas, hotel room, Breeze pass, and over $200 for tickets and never even saw my team at all, I think they owe me a lot of money.:mad:
March 15, 200818 yr The ironic thing is that worse storms may reach the Atlanta area this afternoon and early evening with strong winds and possible tornadoes! What then...:confused:
March 15, 200818 yr Well, since I took 2 personal days from work, paid $3.539 per gallon for gas, hotel room, Breeze pass, and over $200 for tickets and never even saw my team at all, I think they owe me a lot of money.:mad: That's my point. I'm mad just because I waited all week to watch the game, spent $11.00 on drinks, $10.00 on hot wings, and was primed and ready for basketball action - on my t.v. I can only imagine how you feel.:ylsuper:
March 15, 200818 yr Says Who? fraid they don't and won't but if they did then somehow UK fans would manage to get 90% of them UK fans had 90% of the tickets at the Georgia Dome anyways. I don't care if this was Duke and North Carolina playinig - it isn't fair to the fans to take off work and spend hundreds of dollars for nothing.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.