March 15, 200818 yr There is another thread where a poster was there and told about all the damage.....unreal.
March 15, 200818 yr Anyone seen this confirmed,I have still yet to see it anywhere From another thread. http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dawson/blog.html No fans will be allowed inside. Alot of very mad fans. How much money will this cost the SEC???
March 15, 200818 yr Thanks,Im headed into work, just trying to figure out when I need to be back home!!!!!
March 15, 200818 yr " Attendance for that game -- and for the remainder of the SEC Tournament -- will be limited to players' families and working media." WOW! That really stinks! Can you imagine playing a game with no fans in the gym? Still nothing on the SEC website. One word 'REFUNDS!" I am guessing that the dome isn't safe at all. Yeah, practice.
March 15, 200818 yr Are they going to refund money spent on hotels and travel? Oh, I didn't think so.
March 15, 200818 yr Unreal The damage around the Dome is unreal also...Very lucky that things didn't go worse last night.
March 15, 200818 yr They have to at least sell tickets at the doors and allow fans an opportunity to get into the game. This is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard of.
March 15, 200818 yr As I said in the other thread, They better have A LOT of security there. Just bizarre. They, at the very least, should offer fans and opportunity to buy tickets at the door. There are alot of fans that purchased motels for the entire weekend and didn't even get to see their team play one game.
March 15, 200818 yr Unless they plan on refunding everyone's tickets, they ought to fill the 9000 seats at GT first come first served.
March 15, 200818 yr I have to wonder about something. Is there no plan in place for this thing (tourney) if something happens (power outage, etc.) already? As we have found out, NO THERE IS NOT! Poor planning by the SEC. On a side note, how much more can happen to this UK team? Even the elements seem to be out to give them problems now!!!!
March 15, 200818 yr I think if Kentucky wins the first game, and loses the second, the NCAA committee might take the events of the last 24 hours into strong consideration. I think this all (ultimately) works in the Cats favor. But they have to beat Georgia.
March 15, 200818 yr ATLANTA - The Southeastern Conference announced that the remaining schedule of the 2008 SEC Basketball Tournament is as follows: Saturday, March 15 Game 8 ? Georgia vs. Kentucky ? 12 p.m. ET Game 9 ? Tennessee vs. Arkansas ? 6 p.m. ET Game 10 ? Mississippi State vs. Winner of Game 8 ? 8:30 p.m. ET Sunday, March 16 Game 11 ? Championship Game (Winner Game 9 vs. Winner Game 10) ? 3 p.m. ET This format is based on an agreement between athletic directors and head coaches of the participating institutions after consultation with Tom O'Connor, chair of the Division I Men's Basketball Committee. O'Connor reaffirmed that since the league decides it automatic qualifier to the NCAA Tournament by its conference tournament champion, the competition must be completed prior to the announcement of the NCAA championship field. Because of damage to the Georgia Dome caused by severe storms in Atlanta on Friday night, the remaining games of the SEC Basketball Tournament will be played at Alexander Memorial Coliseum, on the campus of Georgia Tech University. Arrangements for television broadcast will be announced as soon as they become available. Out of respect for public safety demands that are required in the aftermath of Friday's storms, access to the remaining games of the championship will be limited to student-athletes' family members, cheerleaders, bands and other credentialed individuals.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.