Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy Crystal Strikes Out

Featured Replies

The Yankees signed Billy Crystal to a one day Spring training contract. He wore #60 (His 60th Birthday is tomorrow) and batted lead off. After going 3-1 into the count, Billy struck out. Marvelous! :D

 

Billy Crystal

3Gt4NuvZ.jpg

Hey--he's got nothing to be ashamed of. He contributed almost as much in that at bat as Carl Pavano did in his 3 seasons in pinstripes.

I was impressed. Not a bad at bat. I would have probably either swung every time or ran out of the batter's box, especially on that inside pitch

Just like his movie career, started out great and quickly went in the tank. :lol:

 

With that said, I'm sure there are many of us that would give anything to have that chance, even if it was just a spring training game.

Hey--he's got nothing to be ashamed of. He contributed almost as much in that at bat as Carl Pavano did in his 3 seasons in pinstripes.

 

And to my knowledge he's never lied about a car wreck!

Hey--he's got nothing to be ashamed of. He contributed almost as much in that at bat as Carl Pavano did in his 3 seasons in pinstripes.

 

That one didnt land in the other thread either...

That one didnt land in the other thread either...

 

Now thats funny. :laugh::laugh:

He called her a very bad name, and said "I hate her! I wish she were dead!"

I read somewhere where he had a Corey Patterson at bat. He worked the count to 3-1 and then swung for the fences on his last two pitches and struck out :lol:

Isn't there a part of this that's just wrong? Another celebrity that gets to live out a lifelong dream...whoopee. Here's somebody that could actually afford going to all those fantasy camps...and that's not good enough. "I wanna play with the real team." Wish he would have faced 4 high and tight fastballs. Welcome to the big leagues...rookie!!!

If he had played for the Rangers today, I could see your point. But given what he has contributed to the Yankees and their fans through his movies, I have no problem with it. He was replaced by Johnny Damon. It's not like he's keeping a rookie from making the team.

If he had played for the Rangers today, I could see your point. But given what he has contributed to the Yankees and their fans through his movies, I have no problem with it. He was replaced by Johnny Damon. It's not like he's keeping a rookie from making the team.

 

I understand what you're saying, but does that mean Jim Belushi should be able to take a few innings at first for the Cubs, or Nick Lachey for the Reds or Ben Affleck for the Red Sox? Where do you draw the line?

 

Hey, if you want to reward him for his contributions...let him thow out the first pitch, or take BP off of Rivera (like Tiger did off Smoltz). I just hate to see celebrities being able to "buy" their way into places you and I could never get.

That's why they are celebrities. Bill Murray I think has appeared in a Cubs game before. Tom Selleck swung with the Tigers in a game a few years back. While I think it would be neat to see the Reds give Bob the local exterminator the chance to take some swings, I have no problem if they want to throw away an at bat on a celebrity. It's not like every team is doing this.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.