Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

In or Out??

Featured Replies

You want to know why a team with that resume gets in?

It's UK, which means:

They are hot and on a roll right now.

$$$$$$$

Tickets/Sell Outs.

Guaranteed interest Nation Wide (You either want to see us win or lose).

They say that $$$$$ don't matter, but if you actually believe that, I'll bet you chew on crayons!!!!!!

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe LCPATS should worry about lil bro, and us UK fans will worry bout our Team.

I'm just glad UK got LCPATS so worked up.:jump:

  • Author

Got me worked up LOL LOL LOL

 

I simply stated some facts, some people did not like them. But they are facts.

 

The lil bro jab is funny, just remember lil bro whipped big bro.

 

The only thing LCPATS is worked up about is the SWEET SIXTEEN. LC whipped West Jess tonight to earn their second straight trip to RUPP. I love wearing Red (LC's color) in Rupp.

I'm just glad UK got LCPATS so worked up.:jump:

 

:thumb: It is always funny when you get a UofL fan worked up over UK :D.

Got me worked up LOL LOL LOL

 

I simply stated some facts, some people did not like them. But they are facts.

 

The lil bro jab is funny, just remember lil bro whipped big bro.

 

The only thing LCPATS is worked up about is the SWEET SIXTEEN. LC whipped West Jess tonight to earn their second straight trip to RUPP. I love wearing Red (LC's color) in Rupp.

 

I agree with eveything you have said. If it didn't say K-E-N-T-U-C-K-Y on their uni's they'd be out in a heart beat, epecially with no Patterson. I hate that a team can get in because of their name and get ousted quickly instead of putting a deserving team in that might win a couple. They only have 2 good wins. One to Vandy which I believe they made up for in the re-match. And to Tennessee who also came back and beat them. I really don't think anyone would be afraid of UK in any round of the tournament considering the fact that if they do get in, they'll be like a 12 seed and will be playing a team that is much much better than they are.

 

Also I don't think that the SEC is even top 5 anymore, there are 2 good teams and thats it. The Bearcats I believe have 8 Big East wins and I think that in itself is much more impressive than 12 in the SEC. Especially considering what they have to work with on that team.

Well we will know come Sunday who is in and who is out. And where Kentucky will be.

I agree with eveything you have said. If it didn't say K-E-N-T-U-C-K-Y on their uni's they'd be out in a heart beat, epecially with no Patterson. I hate that a team can get in because of their name and get ousted quickly instead of putting a deserving team in that might win a couple. They only have 2 good wins. One to Vandy which I believe they made up for in the re-match. And to Tennessee who also came back and beat them. I really don't think anyone would be afraid of UK in any round of the tournament considering the fact that if they do get in, they'll be like a 12 seed and will be playing a team that is much much better than they are.

 

Also I don't think that the SEC is even top 5 anymore, there are 2 good teams and thats it. The Bearcats I believe have 8 Big East wins and I think that in itself is much more impressive than 12 in the SEC. Especially considering what they have to work with on that team.

 

Every point you tried to make is wrong, IMO:

 

1) They aren't getting into the tournament because of the name on their jersey. Give the committee a little more respect than that.

 

2) Only 2 good wins? Last I checked, they are 12-4 in their conference with wins over UT, Vandy, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Florida amongst others

 

3) I guarantee you that nobody wants to see UK in the first round of the tournament - regardless of what seed they are

 

4) The SEC is currently ranked #4 in conference RPI with a possible #1 seed coming Sunday (http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html )

 

5) The Big East is currently ranked #5, by the way

 

Anyways, you're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree 100% on everything you said.

:lol:

 

Ten to fifteen point game. End of story. With the lack of an inside at UK without Patterson, UK would not match up at all with UofL. That is not worth debating.

 

UofL beat them at Rupp by 14 without Earl Clark. It was Padgett's second game and Tello's third game. UK had the ENTIRE roster.

 

Before you say anything else. They beat Vandy 7 days later on the same floor.

 

I am not hating on UK, I said I think they should make it with their conference record. Every time they win they help UofL's RPI, and vice versa. I just wanted to show some facts on how skewed tournment resumes can be.

 

 

If Pitino saw UK in the second round of his bracket he would crap his pants. UK's deliberate style of play would at least keep them close and with two senior guards shooting lights out at this point of the season who knows what could happen in the last two minutes!!!:ylsuper:

  • Author
If Pitino saw UK in the second round of his bracket he would crap his pants. UK's deliberate style of play would at least keep them close and with two senior guards shooting lights out at this point of the season who knows what could happen in the last two minutes!!!:ylsuper:

 

How come it was not close in January? Yes Uk has improved since then, but UofL has too. Maybe even more.

 

I am saying as a fan, I would not be nervous. I can't speak for the team or coach. But as a fan, I would fell confident. I would much rather play a team like Uk than Pitt.

I think LCPats raises some good issues but I do have a question.

 

Does San Diego's sudden win over St Mary's and Gonzaga make the UK schedule look even better? Does it make the loss UK had to them "less embarrassing?" Up to now we put that loss next to Gardner Webb as humiliating. But it looks now like a good San Diego team played a great game and beat UK on their night.

 

Is UK in? I don't know. They probably will be. Is their resume not that great? Maybe. I know it's not like this is the first premier program to get in with a less than stellar wins over top flight competition. As has been mentioned I recall UNC coming in around 2000 to the tourney at like 18-13. They had played a tough schedule but if memory serves they didn't have a lot of premiere wins.

 

Same could hold for Duke in '96 when they had a good ACC record but the ACC was down that year except for Wake Forest.

 

This happens more times than people care to recall, it's just that this year it is KY in that seat.

  • Author
I think LCPats raises some good issues but I do have a question.

 

Does San Diego's sudden win over St Mary's and Gonzaga make the UK schedule look even better? Does it make the loss UK had to them "less embarrassing?" Up to now we put that loss next to Gardner Webb as humiliating. But it looks now like a good San Diego team played a great game and beat UK on their night.

 

Is UK in? I don't know. They probably will be. Is their resume not that great? Maybe. I know it's not like this is the first premier program to get in with a less than stellar wins over top flight competition. As has been mentioned I recall UNC coming in around 2000 to the tourney at like 18-13. They had played a tough schedule but if memory serves they didn't have a lot of premiere wins.

 

Same could hold for Duke in '96 when they had a good ACC record but the ACC was down that year except for Wake Forest.

 

This happens more times than people care to recall, it's just that this year it is KY in that seat.

 

Hatz,

 

I think San Diego winning their conference makes that loss not as bad. But, still a game UK should of won on their home court. Similar to UofL and Dayton.

Hatz,

 

I think San Diego winning their conference makes that loss not as bad. But, still a game UK should of won on their home court. Similar to UofL and Dayton.

 

 

Good analogy. :thumb:

 

BTW, congrats on the 12th region title and I hope you guys make a deep run in the tourney at Rupp.

I think LCPats raises some good issues but I do have a question.

 

Does San Diego's sudden win over St Mary's and Gonzaga make the UK schedule look even better? Does it make the loss UK had to them "less embarrassing?" Up to now we put that loss next to Gardner Webb as humiliating. But it looks now like a good San Diego team played a great game and beat UK on their night.

 

Is UK in? I don't know. They probably will be. Is their resume not that great? Maybe. I know it's not like this is the first premier program to get in with a less than stellar wins over top flight competition. As has been mentioned I recall UNC coming in around 2000 to the tourney at like 18-13. They had played a tough schedule but if memory serves they didn't have a lot of premiere wins.

 

Same could hold for Duke in '96 when they had a good ACC record but the ACC was down that year except for Wake Forest.

 

This happens more times than people care to recall, it's just that this year it is KY in that seat.

 

That was the year UNC went to the Final Four I believe. Beat Stanford (I think) in the second round.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.