Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

In or Out??

Featured Replies

Who cares if you are 11-2 if you beat a bunch of scrubs. Take out Tenn and Vandy and you got nothing.

 

We did beat TN and Vandy so we have got something. Lets take out SC and Alburn instead. :D These are conference games you can't take out any of them.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Just using the score differential to make a point on how average the team is. I never said the NCAA uses it.

 

I know, a week or two ago, UK had actually been outscored in SEC play.

Just using the score differential to make a point on how average the team is. I never said the NCAA uses it.

 

I know, a week or two ago, UK had actually been outscored in SEC play.

 

Because of one game.

  • Author
Just out of curiousity LC, who is your team?

 

I already told you above, when you said no one would want to play UK.

 

I said, I don't care to tell you, I am a UofL fan, and I would love to see them draw UK in the NCAA tourney. I know this will not happen because of seeding. But I would love to see it.

 

If you all think winning six games against teams with a winning record is worthy of being one of the hottest, most dangerous teams in the country than I am learning something.

 

Look at the facts, don't read them like you want to see them. UK's best OOC win is LIBERTY.

 

I will give credit to the UT and Vandy wins. And I think BCG is going to be a great coach at UK. Even though they beat average competiton this year, they still beat them. If I were a UK fan, I would be proud of the season.

 

Looking at it from the outside, I am shocked they finished 12-4 in the SEC. I think that alone is good enough to make the tourney.

Guys, if they were not Kentucky you would not say that.

 

Let me throw in this tidbits, they lost a game by 40 plus points (to a team they beat), lost to Gardner Webb and San Diego.

 

I am just saying this; cincy, UofL, WKU, etc. etc. don't get in on that resume.

 

Im saying they most definitely would. If UL, and UC had the same resume. Then committee would take into account injuries earlier in the year. Then also look how they went 12 and 4 in a major conference. Also take into account if it was UL or UC that means those teams would have beat the #1 team in their conference, the #3 and so on from there. Then also take into account that they would have finished the year 11 and 2 in that major conference. Then yeah they would also make it in to.

 

Don't let your hatred for UK get in the way here. Im sure you was loving the fact earlier in the year when it looked like they would not make it, and now hating the fact that they will make it. It is really silly though to try to have this argument, because they definitely have earned the chance to be in the tournament now. Even if you don't want to see that.

:laugh:

 

Come on dude. You don't mean that. They are very average. Like I have said over and over. Who have they beat, and look at how they beat them. How many games have they won by double digits.

 

I don't care to tell you, I am a UofL fan and I would love for them to play UK in the first, second or any round.

 

I bet Pitino wants no part of UK on the first weekend.

I already told you above, when you said no one would want to play UK.

 

I said, I don't care to tell you, I am a UofL fan, and I would love to see them draw UK in the NCAA tourney. I know this will not happen because of seeding. But I would love to see it.

 

If you all think winning six games against teams with a winning record is worthy of being one of the hottest, most dangerous teams in the country than I am learning something.

 

Look at the facts, don't read them like you want to see them. UK's best OOC win is LIBERTY.

 

I will give credit to the UT and Vany wins.

 

Your facts are pretty misleading, as well. You're leaving out the real fact which is the fact that it took some time for the new coach to get his team all on one page. That is when the non-conference losses occurred. Once he righted the ship,they have grown into a different ballclub. They can't change around the schedule and just play it whenever. I guarantee you we wouldn't be reading this thread if we started the schedule over today at 0-0 and played it again.

Who cares if you are 11-2 if you beat a bunch of scrubs. Take out Tenn and Vandy and you got nothing.

 

Wrong again. Yeah those are the marquee wins they have had. However they have also beat ALL the other bubble teams that are in the SEC. Ole Miss, UF, and Arkansas.So those other teams that are being considered for the tournament, they have also beaten. So yeah those are also good wins, and wins that actually are going to make the difference in getting them in the tournament.

I bet Pitino wants no part of UK on the first weekend.

 

Anybody with basketball knowledge would want to steer clear of UK on the first weekend of the tourney. They can hang around with pretty much any team in the tournament with their style of play and defense.

I am just stating the facts of the entire season. Looking at it that way, they are not one of the best 64 teams.

 

The last month of the year, I would agree with you all and say they are. But if you just look at the end of the year, why even play the first three months then. It is a catch 22.

 

I think they will make it, I am not saying that. I think the 12-4 gets them in. It is just a crazy. If you look at the hard numbers they probably don't deserve it. You can't tell me that if you read the opening post in this thread, and WE All did not know it was UK, you would say that team will not make the tourney.

 

You play these games to get better and prepare yourself for Conference play. Which I believe UK has done. Who do you want playing in the tournament the teams that are playing the best now or the teams that won a lot of games at the beginning of the season and are losing now.

I heard some NCAA guy say they want to take the best 64 teams in the nation. Are they one of the best 64 teams in the nation presently? MOST DEFINITELY.

 

Billy G has done a tremendous job in 2008.

 

They had a debate about that on Mike and Mike this morning, and Golic said something that made a lot of sense to me.

 

If the committe really wanted to take the 64(or 65) best teams, why do they need automatic bids for conference tournaments? Why not just use the RPI and take #1-#65? Now would UK fit into that argument; I think so. But their resume doesn't look too pretty. However, that might have someting to do with the strength of the field as a whole not being as strong. Just seems we have more bubble teams this year with poor resume's compared to last year. I know, it's a cardinal sin, but last years UK team had a very good resume, other than conference record, compared to this year. Last years team was acutally #11 in the RPI before the last week of the Regular season. Probalby another reason the RPI shouldn't be looked at as strongly. They finished the year #13.

I think they are in, but with the way the mid majors are shaping up they need a win on Friday to feel secure...

Wrong again. Yeah those are the marquee wins they have had. However they have also beat ALL the other bubble teams that are in the SEC. Ole Miss, UF, and Arkansas.So those other teams that are being considered for the tournament, they have also beaten. So yeah those are also good wins, and wins that actually are going to make the difference in getting them in the tournament.

 

Which brings me to another point - you don't go from an RPI of 185 to and RIP of 49 in 2 1/2 months if you're not doing something correctly.

  • Author
I bet Pitino wants no part of UK on the first weekend.

 

:lol:

 

Ten to fifteen point game. End of story. With the lack of an inside at UK without Patterson, UK would not match up at all with UofL. That is not worth debating.

 

UofL beat them at Rupp by 14 without Earl Clark. It was Padgett's second game and Tello's third game. UK had the ENTIRE roster.

 

Before you say anything else. They beat Vandy 7 days later on the same floor.

 

I am not hating on UK, I said I think they should make it with their conference record. Every time they win they help UofL's RPI, and vice versa. I just wanted to show some facts on how skewed tournment resumes can be.

You cannot deny the fact that UK has made one heck of a mid-season turnaround, and I have a feeling that come tournament time we'll all find out that the SEC isn't quite as weak as everone likes to think.

 

This team executes down to the wire in close games, and to be honest I like them against Tenn on a nuetral court. They took them down to a last second shot one their floor without arguably their best player.

 

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they won the SEC-T the way they're playing right now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.