Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

In or Out??

Featured Replies

If a team only had six wins against teams with a winning record, no road wins against the top 140 RPI teams in the country, a losing record against the RPI top 100, and their best OOC win was against Liberty, would they make the NCAA tourney?

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If a team only had six wins against teams with a winning record, no road wins against the top 140 RPI teams in the country, a losing record against the RPI top 100, and their best OOC win was against Liberty, would they make the NCAA tourney?

 

:sleep:They would if they finished the season up 11-2 and went 12-4 in a top 5 conference.

If a team only had six wins against teams with a winning record, no road wins against the top 140 RPI teams in the country, a losing record against the RPI top 100, and their best OOC win was against Liberty, would they make the NCAA tourney?

 

No doubt. In with room to spare.

  • Author

Guys, if they were not Kentucky you would not say that.

 

Let me throw in this tidbits, they lost a game by 40 plus points (to a team they beat), lost to Gardner Webb and San Diego.

 

I am just saying this; cincy, UofL, WKU, etc. etc. don't get in on that resume.

  • Author
:sleep:They would if they finished the season up 11-2 and went 12-4 in a top 5 conference.

 

Who cares if you are 11-2 if you beat a bunch of scrubs. Take out Tenn and Vandy and you got nothing.

They are hot at the right time, they are playing the type of basketball that wins in tournaments, they play excellent defense, they have adapted to a new coach and a new system and they have beaten projected 1, 6, and 10 seeds.

Guys, if they were not Kentucky you would not say that.

 

Let me throw in this tidbits, they lost a game by 40 plus points (to a team they beat), lost to Gardner Webb and San Diego.

 

I am just saying this; cincy, UofL, WKU, etc. etc. don't get in on that resume.

 

I heard some NCAA guy say they want to take the best 64 teams in the nation. Are they one of the best 64 teams in the nation presently? MOST DEFINITELY.

 

Billy G has done a tremendous job in 2008.

Who cares if you are 11-2 if you beat a bunch of scrubs. Take out Tenn and Vandy and you got nothing.

 

The average records or every team UK lost to this season is 22-8. Kentucky is a hot team right now and I guarantee you that noone wants to play them in the first round.

  • Author
I heard some NCAA guy say they want to take the best 64 teams in the nation. Are they one of the best 64 teams in the nation presently? MOST DEFINITELY.

 

Billy G has done a tremendous job in 2008.

 

 

I am just stating the facts of the entire season. Looking at it that way, they are not one of the best 64 teams.

 

The last month of the year, I would agree with you all and say they are. But if you just look at the end of the year, why even play the first three months then. It is a catch 22.

 

I think they will make it, I am not saying that. I think the 12-4 gets them in. It is just a crazy. If you look at the hard numbers they probably don't deserve it. You can't tell me that if you read the opening post in this thread, and WE All did not know it was UK, you would say that team will not make the tourney.

  • Author
The average records or every team UK lost to this season is 22-8. Kentucky is a hot team right now and I guarantee you that noone wants to play them in the first round.

 

:laugh:

 

Come on dude. You don't mean that. They are very average. Like I have said over and over. Who have they beat, and look at how they beat them. How many games have they won by double digits.

 

I don't care to tell you, I am a UofL fan and I would love for them to play UK in the first, second or any round.

:laugh:

 

Come on dude. You don't mean that. They are very average. Like I have said over and over. Who have they beat, and look at how they beat them. How many games have they won by double digits.

 

I think most of the posters on here will tell you that I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. It doesn't matter if they win every game in the tournament by 1 point. What matters is that they win. It would be crazy to think that any team would be thrilled to play one of the hottest teams in the nation in the first round of the tournament.

:laugh:

 

Come on dude. You don't mean that. They are very average. Like I have said over and over. Who have they beat, and look at how they beat them. How many games have they won by double digits.

 

I don't care to tell you, I am a UofL fan and I would love for them to play UK in the first, second or any round.

 

I didn't realize you had to beat teams by double-digits to make to the NCAA Tourny. Oh well learn something new everyday. :D

I didn't realize you had to beat teams by double-digits to make to the NCAA Tourny. Oh well learn something new everyday. :D

 

I'm learning a lot in this thread, as well :ylsuper:

Just out of curiousity LC, who is your team?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.