Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

In or Out??

Featured Replies

:lol:

 

Ten to fifteen point game. End of story. With the lack of an inside at UK without Patterson, UK would not match up at all with UofL. That is not worth debating.

 

UofL beat them at Rupp by 14 without Earl Clark. It was Padgett's second game and Tello's third game. UK had the ENTIRE roster.

 

Before you say anything else. They beat Vandy 7 days later on the same floor.

 

I am not hating on UK, I said I think they should make it with their conference record. Every time they win they help UofL's RPI, and vice versa. I just wanted to show some facts on how skewed tournment resumes can be.

 

 

I would be first in line to take you up on that one. Who knows? With the luck of the draw and a few good bounces, we might have that opportunity at some point this month. :thumb:

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Wrong again. Yeah those are the marquee wins they have had. However they have also beat ALL the other bubble teams that are in the SEC. Ole Miss, UF, and Arkansas.So those other teams that are being considered for the tournament, they have also beaten. So yeah those are also good wins, and wins that actually are going to make the difference in getting them in the tournament.

 

Wrong again?? When was I wrong the first time.

  • Author
I would be first in line to take you up on that one. Who knows? With the luck of the draw and a few good bounces, we might have that opportunity at some point this month. :thumb:

 

What would make you think it would be different now, when UofL is even hotter than UK, beat better teams and is healthy. UK doesn't have Patterson and was already blown out by UofL earlier this year.

 

To each is own bro, I would love to see it. And I would love to take your $$$

Wrong again?? When was I wrong the first time.

 

Posts 1, 4, 5, 9, 11, 17, 19, 29, 32, and 33?

C-A-T-S

 

Cats, Cats, Cats!

  • Author
Posts 1, 4, 5, 9, 11, 17, 19, 29, 32, and 33?

 

Show me where they were factually incorrect, and I will delete them.

What would make you think it would be different now, when UofL is even hotter than UK, beat better teams and is healthy. UK doesn't have Patterson and was already blown out by UofL earlier this year.

 

To each is own bro, I would love to see it. And I would love to take your $$$

 

You're trying to take UK in December and compare them to UK in March. Its two totally different teams. Something tells me you'd be a little nervous if it came down to it.:p

Keep hatin' on these Cats. They seem to feed off of it.

 

Agreed! Billy is probably reading this and smiling right now.

  • Author
You're trying to take UK in December and compare them to UK in March. Its two totally different teams. Something tells me you'd be a little nervous if it came down to it.:p

 

Actually it was January. But I know what you mean. To be honest, I was nervous the first time they played because UofL was injured and sucking then.

 

Both teams have played better the second half of the year. You are taking me all wrong, I think UK is in the tourney, and hav turned their season around. They are now where the experts picked them to be, second place.

 

I am just saying, if you looked at the resume I started the discussion with, not knowing it was UK, would they be in or out.

If a team only had six wins against teams with a winning record, no road wins against the top 140 RPI teams in the country, a losing record against the RPI top 100, and their best OOC win was against Liberty, would they make the NCAA tourney?

 

Guys, if they were not Kentucky you would not say that.

 

Let me throw in this tidbits, they lost a game by 40 plus points (to a team they beat), lost to Gardner Webb and San Diego.

 

I am just saying this; cincy, UofL, WKU, etc. etc. don't get in on that resume.

 

You say that, but let's take a look at WKU's resume, which had them as the 4th team out before it suddenly opened up to make them look like they'll get in (a spot UK was not too far from before the Florida game):

 

-Nine wins over teams with a winning record (two coming in the last two games of the Sun Belt Tourney, something UK may have a chance to match)

 

-One road win over a team in the top 140 of the RPI (MTSU, 102, which I'm pretty sure was in the 130's before beating South Alabama yesterday)

 

-1-5 versus the top 100 in RPI (and the 1 is because Nebraska has snuck back in at 96)

 

-Best noncon win against Nebraska (you got me there, that's much better than UK's)

 

 

IMO, the only thing in that that is really more impressive is the nonconference win section, and the fact is that the wins UK does have over quality competition (4-7 versus top 100 RPI) and play a more brutal schedule to balance that sort of thing out. And yet WKU was/is still in line to be right there for a bid.

 

I'm not saying UK's resume is ultra impressive, but it's certainly not clearcut out like some want to make it. The committee has been very clear on the sort of things they're looking for, and whether anyone likes it or not, things like the last 12 games are taken into account. They've always said the complete resume is taken into account, but it's just as important to be playing well at the end as it has been the whole year. That UK is 10-2 in the last 12 and by Selection Sunday will either still be 10-2 or 9-3 in that last 12 is going to be taken into account.

Guys, if they were not Kentucky you would not say that.

 

Let me throw in this tidbits, they lost a game by 40 plus points (to a team they beat), lost to Gardner Webb and San Diego.

 

I am just saying this; cincy, UofL, WKU, etc. etc. don't get in on that resume.

 

I think you are very much under estimating the name UofL. It is not like they are some underdog as you make it sound.

  • Author

Good points, just realize you are comparing Uk to WKU. That is all I ask. UK is one of the best 64 in the country right now. No doubt about it.

You're trying to take UK in December and compare them to UK in March. Its two totally different teams. Something tells me you'd be a little nervous if it came down to it.:p

 

If UK was playing UofL in the NCAA there would be more Card fans shaking in their boots then UK fans. Cats would have nothing to lose.

Wrong again?? When was I wrong the first time.

 

When you said that teams like UL, UC, etc wouldn't make it in with a resume like that. And well I showed you how they would as well. :sssh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.