Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

In or Out??

Featured Replies

  • Author
When you said that teams like UL, UC, etc wouldn't make it in with a resume like that. And well I showed you how they would as well. :sssh:

 

Where did you show me anything? Dragonfire showed how WKU was on the bubble with a similar resume. WKU would not get in without SUN BELT CHAMPIONSHIP.

 

Even at that, UK fans are now comparing their program to WKU's program. I will leave that alone.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where did you show me anything? Dragonfire showed how WKU was on the bubble with a similar resume. WKU would not get in without SUN BELT CHAMPIONSHIP.

 

Even at that, UK fans are now comparing their program to WKU's program. I will leave that alone.

 

Read post #20

Where did you show me anything? Dragonfire showed how WKU was on the bubble with a similar resume. WKU would not get in without SUN BELT CHAMPIONSHIP.

 

Even at that, UK fans are now comparing their program to WKU's program. I will leave that alone.

 

I compared it to a bubble team with a similar resume, and was merely pointing out even a team without the cache of a name like UK is still in or just barely out. That's all.

 

IMO, Louisville would be in with that resume as well, especially if they were say, somewhere between 10-8 and 12-6 in the Big East.

  • Author
Read post #20

 

Then I would say if UofL lost to Gardner Webb, San Diego, Houston and UAB. Lost by 40 on the road to the third place team, and had not won a road game against a TOP 140 program, and had only won six games againts teams above .500 they would not make it. FOR SURE. No matter what they did in the league.

 

Some teams garnish more respect than others, and UK is one of those teams. Their prestige and fan base alone is worth a lot.

Where did you show me anything? Dragonfire showed how WKU was on the bubble with a similar resume. WKU would not get in without SUN BELT CHAMPIONSHIP.

 

Even at that, UK fans are now comparing their program to WKU's program. I will leave that alone.

So this is what all this has been building up to ? You got your shot in at UK. Glad you could get that off your chest. I think we could all see it a mile away.

 

I'll play along though anyway. Yes, I think teams with similar records, RPI's, and especially the same finish in the last 12 games would make it in.

  • Author
I compared it to a bubble team with a similar resume, and was merely pointing out even a team without the cache of a name like UK is still in or just barely out. That's all.

 

IMO, Louisville would be in with that resume as well, especially if they were say, somewhere between 10-8 and 12-6 in the Big East.

 

You may be right, now way to prove you wrong. UK is a weird scenerio this year, truley the year of two teams. Kind of a unique situation. All I know is this, I don't want any part of BCP in a couple of years when he gets some horses.

 

They are winning right now with players that probably aren't good enough to wear the UK uniform.

Actually it was January. But I know what you mean. To be honest, I was nervous the first time they played because UofL was injured and sucking then.

 

Both teams have played better the second half of the year. You are taking me all wrong, I think UK is in the tourney, and hav turned their season around. They are now where the experts picked them to be, second place.

 

I am just saying, if you looked at the resume I started the discussion with, not knowing it was UK, would they be in or out.

 

LCPATS,

 

I understand the point you are trying to make, but you are eliminating a host of important factors that the committee acknowledges they consider (i.e. injuries, last 12 games, etc.).

  • Author
LCPATS,

 

I understand the point you are trying to make, but you are eliminating a host of important factors that the committee acknowledges they consider (i.e. injuries, last 12 games, etc.).

 

I agree with you. That is why I have said I think they are in. The last 12 games especially.

 

Using that criteria, I feel like UofL should get a high seed too. Being the fact most of their losses came without DP and Tello. And they have won 9 out of ten down the stretch.

Then I would say if UofL lost to Gardner Webb, San Diego, Houston and UAB. Lost by 40 on the road to the third place team, and had not won a road game against a TOP 140 program, and had only won six games againts teams above .500 they would not make it. FOR SURE. No matter what they did in the league.

 

Some teams garnish more respect than others, and UK is one of those teams. Their prestige and fan base alone is worth a lot.

 

Then I would say you are WRONG again. Its funny how you don't take into account at all the injuries UK had. That is something they do take into account. I mean early in the year Jasper didn't play, and when he finally did it took him awhile to really get back into game shape and speed. Just look how they have did since he has been back. I would also say how they beat the #1 team in the RPI. They beat every other bubble team in their conference. The team they lost to by 40, they had also beat, and finished ahead of them in the conference. So that shows that was more of a fluke than anything. I would also say how they moved from the 100's in the RPI to the top 50 in the RPI in a matter of weeks. I would say how they have beaten every team in the major conference they played in this year, except for MSU. Then finally I would also say that they have went 11 and 2 to end the season, and have also have proved that they still can win even without Patterson. Its funny how you leave all this stuff out there in your claims.:sssh:

 

So like it or not, all the things I mentioned is things that would get just about everyone in. I mean if UL or UC would have beat just everyone in their conference except for just one. Then how they also beat the #1 team in RPI, etc. Then yeah that resume would get those teams in as well.

 

As I said before, I believe you are just a case of someone who is really upset about how UK is actually going to make the tournament this year. When it looked like they wasn't going to and you was going to get to brag and be happy, and now you don't know how to deal with it since they will be making it.

I agree with you. That is why I have said I think they are in. The last 12 games especially.

 

Using that criteria, I feel like UofL should get a high seed too. Being the fact most of their losses came without DP and Tello. And they have won 9 out of ten down the stretch.

Assuming they perform well this week, they will get a high seed.

 

I would say with each win this week, UL moves up a seed (4, 3, 2).

  • Author
Then I would say you are WRONG again. Its funny how you don't take into account at all the injuries UK had. That is something they do take into account. I mean early in the year Jasper didn't play, and when he finally did it took him awhile to really get back into game shape and speed. Just look how they have did since he has been back. I would also say how they beat the #1 team in the RPI. They beat every other bubble team in their conference. The team they lost to by 40, they had also beat, and finished ahead of them in the conference. So that shows that was more of a fluke than anything. I would also say how they moved from the 100's in the RPI to the top 50 in the RPI in a matter of weeks. I would say how they have beaten every team in the major conference they played in this year, except for MSU. Then finally I would also say that they have went 11 and 2 to end the season, and have also have proved that they still can win even without Patterson. Its funny how you leave all this stuff out there in your claims.:sssh:

 

So like it or not, all the things I mentioned is things that would get just about everyone in. I mean if UL or UC would have beat just everyone in their conference except for just one. Then how they also beat the #1 team in RPI, etc. Then yeah that resume would get those teams in as well.

 

As I said before, I believe you are just a case of someone who is really upset about how UK is actually going to make the tournament this year. When it looked like they wasn't going to and you was going to get to brag and be happy, and now you don't know how to deal with it since they will be making it.

 

 

You are way off, and really proved nothing. You just repeated things I have said before. I probably know more about UK than most of their fans. So saying I would be happy if they didn't make the tourney, etc. etc. etc. is far from true. After UK plays UofL, I root for them. It only helps UofL. You talk about beating SEC bubble schools. Ole Miss, has a losing record int he SEC, Fla is .500 and also beat UK.

 

UK did well in the SEC, especially at home. But you still have not explained how having a losing record on the road, no quality OOC wins and a losing record against the RPI top 100 is a lock for the tourney. In which I agree, they are. It is a hard case to figure out, which was the point of the entire thread until it continually got hi-jacked.

Guys, if they were not Kentucky you would not say that.

 

Let me throw in this tidbits, they lost a game by 40 plus points (to a team they beat), lost to Gardner Webb and San Diego.

 

I am just saying this; cincy, UofL, WKU, etc. etc. don't get in on that resume.

 

But they are Kentucky, and Kentucky brings with them that which rules the world......money.

 

UK did well in the SEC, especially at home. But you still have not explained how having a losing record on the road, no quality OOC wins and a losing record against the RPI top 100 is a lock for the tourney. In which I agree, they are. It is a hard case to figure out, which was the point of the entire thread until it continually got hi-jacked.

Again, if this is all you are considering, then yes, UK would be toast.

 

It is really not that odd or unique of a case, LCPATS. Maybe for UK because they are not normally in this position. Team gets healthy, comes together and performs better the second half of the year and receives a bid as one of the top 34 teams. Happens every year.

You are way off, and really proved nothing. You just repeated things I have said before. I probably know more about UK than most of their fans. So saying I would be happy if they didn't make the tourney, etc. etc. etc. is far from true. After UK plays UofL, I root for them. It only helps UofL. You talk about beating SEC bubble schools. Ole Miss, has a losing record int he SEC, Fla is .500 and also beat UK.

 

UK did well in the SEC, especially at home. But you still have not explained how having a losing record on the road, no quality OOC wins and a losing record against the RPI top 100 is a lock for the tourney. In which I agree, they are. It is a hard case to figure out, which was the point of the entire thread until it continually got hi-jacked.

 

Well maybe I was a little off in saying that about you since you do root for UK sometimes. However you do not know more about UK, than this UK fan...Secondly most of the bubble teams around us don't have any good OOC wins either, or atleast none that would make you say yeah they definitely should be over us. Also those other bubble teams, probably have some bad losses in their conference to bad teams, which we dont. Then also Ole Miss finished with a .500 record I think in the SEC and is a bubble team. If they had beat UK in the season, they are probably in at the moment actually. So you put down those bubble teams UK beat, but like it or not they are bubble teams and UK beat them. I mean if UK lost to them, then those teams would be the ones getting talked about being in the tournament.

 

So yeah I admit UK has some bad things on their resumes, but so do everyone else who is on the bubble. I mean think about it, that is why it puts team on the bubble. However what UK has done to make up for those bad things on their resume, has been better than some of the other bubble teams, and put them far enough ahead of them. To where they deserve the shot more than the others. Its really not that hard to understand.

If UK was playing UofL in the NCAA there would be more Card fans shaking in their boots then UK fans. Cats would have nothing to lose.

 

I agree with that.:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.