Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mackey to UK?

Featured Replies

"Second chance" is such a nebulous phrase.

 

What exactly would you say is an acceptable 2nd chance? Does it involve the right to go to school for free? Or does it simply mean he gets a "second chance" by avoiding spending time with other lonely men in prison? I MIGHT be OK with the latter. No way in heck am I OK with the former regardless of his talent level.

 

By second chance I mean he deserves the opportunity to once again be looked at as a law abiding citizen. He deserves a chance to prove he made a mistake, he learned from his mistake and that he isn't a low life drug dealer.

 

I've made too many mistakes in my lifetime to sit here and A) judge him before he even goes to trial and B) say the kid should never get the chance to play ball for a university because of a mistake he made. I've been given plenty of second chances in life from many people to say otherwise.

 

If you read my original post again, you'll see that I said he didn't deserve a scholarship from any of the schools involved.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

I've made too many mistakes in my lifetime to sit here and A) judge him before he even goes to trial and B) say the kid should never get the chance to play ball for a university because of a mistake he made. I've been given plenty of second chances in life from many people to say otherwise.

 

If you read my original post again, you'll see that I said he didn't deserve a scholarship from any of the schools involved.

 

So who does he deserve a scholarship from?

So who does he deserve a scholarship from?

 

No one. If he is lucky enough to play ball again, he should be a walk on.

Billy G doesnt need this kid on the team. Doesnt need this kid anywhere near the program.

I definitely think that Mackey could benefit our team, but I also agree with everyone that he should be a walk on, he deserves a 2nd chance, but it shouldn't be handed to him.

Hopefully they can get him to come as a walk on, that way we don't have to use a scholarship on a felon.

 

He is the 35th ranked player in the nation according to Rivals, and Cincinnati is recruiting him hard. I doubt that he will come as a walk on anywhere.

He is the 35th ranked player in the nation according to Rivals, and Cincinnati is recruiting him hard. I doubt that he will come as a walk on anywhere.

UC has backed off Mackey...

First, as some have stated, Mackey is questionable at best to be academically eligible.

 

Second, as GT said, many are seeing the felony to be reduced and likely serving no jail time.

 

Third, someone said he was "dealing" which is not the case. I suppose that is technically up in the air, and it really doesnt matter one way or the other as he still had the stuff on him, but he wasn't dealing.

 

Fourth, it is my understanding UK has really only been speaking to Mackey about walk on status, and it is very conditional. Mackey is likely to qualify for Pell grants and just about any other assistance, which makes it feasible.

 

Fifth, 98, part of what KS is in trouble for has to do with Mackey if I understand correctly.

1. Has he been found guilty yet?

2. If not when is the court date?

I hope for his sake that he gets a chance to move on from this (but no more than any other kid in his situation). I just don't want that 2nd chance to include a D1 athletic scholarship.

 

What's ultimately agreed to is nothing more than negotiations. It doesn't change the act itself.

 

 

How would you feel if UK let him in as a preferred walk-on and not a scholarship player?

I don't think UK will even take them.

How would you feel if UK let him in as a preferred walk-on and not a scholarship player?

 

No different than if they gave him a scholarship.

cshs81, I agree with everything you've posted. I said pretty much the same thing in another Mackey thread.

Uk doesnt need someone that cant stay out of trouble.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.